PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Anyone hear how Ike is fairing in camp? After a subpar 2006. Not a word has been mentioned so far in camp about taylor.

Anyone have any info?

Koopa
07-29-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah there has, there's a couple of threads, ppl are saying he's very serious now, focused and getting better

BR7
07-29-2007, 06:38 PM
ppl are saying he's very serious now

So he wasn't serious before? Got his payday and took a lax season? sheesh. Way to go Ike!

Koopa
07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
So he wasn't serious before? Got his payday and took a lax season? sheesh. Way to go Ike!

no not like that........ they said he's more serious in his interviews, like he's grown up, he used to like to joke around and **** with the media, now they say he's matured and is more focused then ever

last year he sucked cause of the most overrated in the history of the nfl was his coach........cowher

BB2W
07-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I haven't heard anything besides articles about his desire to be the best. Nothing from camp...

I gotta think he will improve under Tomlin... seeing how he was the DB coach in Tampa Bay over one of the best defensive backfields in recent history. :helmet:

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
no not like that........ they said he's more serious in his interviews, like he's grown up, he used to like to joke around and shiat with the media, now they say he's matured and is more focused then ever

last year he sucked cause of the most overrated in the history of the nfl was his coach........cowher

How was his suckiness Cowhers fault?

Koopa
07-29-2007, 08:18 PM
How was his suckiness Cowhers fault?

when all else fails blame the most overrated coach in the history of the league :lol:

manofsteel
07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
First I dont think Cowher was the most overaated coach in the league. But anyway Ike has the potential to be great especially with direction from Tomlin. I think he had the good year and then QBs and WRs started to go at him at full speed it was something he wasnt used to yet. ANd when you get burned once or twice and they start picking on you than they will continue to. I think this year we will see Ike back to Ike form. Not only is he determined to be better for the team but he also doesnt wanna be made look like a fool either its all about respect and he needs to earn that respect again and put th fear in QBs hearts that he is a worthy opponent

stillers4me
07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Is suckiness really a word?

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Is suckiness really a word?

it is now

Iron City South
07-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Actually, I heard the DB's look like hell in camp .... all of em. The brightest spot has actually been .... dare I say it ..... Townsend, who is the wiley veteran of the bunch. Dallas Baker absolutely abused both Taylor and McFadd last week which ..... isn't good.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Cowher benching Ike might have actually been the best thing for him. I don't condone the way he treated Ike by any stretch but he was stinking up the joint last year and his confidence was shot so he needed to sit, just not in the way that BC did it. It looks like the sitting down and taking another look at himself and getting refocused combined with the new attitude that Tomlin has brought could be the difference that Ike needs to get back on track.