PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper to Ravens?

BlackGold4vr
07-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Ravens make sense for Culpepper

You can add the Baltimore Ravens to the Daunte Culpepper sweepstakes because of the brittle nature of starter Steve McNair and the disappointing career of backup Kyle Boller, who is in the last year of his contract. McNair managed most games very well last season, but Baltimore lacked an explosive offense, which lessens any playoff hopes against such high-scoring outfits such as Indianapolis, New England and San Diego.

If Culpepper's knee is right, he would give the Ravens a big edge in the pocket where McNair is no longer the scrambler he was during the early parts of his Tennessee career.

Would love to see this happen. I believe Culpepper is a horrible QB who cannot read defenses at all. His only good year in the NFL came when he was throwing to Randy Moss and Chris Carter. Without the marquis receivers he has been horrible. The addition of a loser onto a division rival is fine by me. :bigthumb:

BR7
07-29-2007, 01:59 PM
McJoke does just enough to run the offense. They still have the D to keep them in every game. Well, without Thomas.. we shall see about that last part.

I don't think he'd go there due to the fact he'd be sitting behind McJoke in the depth chart. I think he wants to start right away. With all the barking (pun intended) in Atlanta, I think a bad Dante would beat out Harrington for the starting job there.

But if he does land in Baltimore.. quote the playoffs.. nevermore, lol.

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 02:45 PM
.. quote the playoffs.. nevermore, lol.

haha...I get it.............lol

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2007, 03:27 PM
:rofl: So they're going from one fragile QB who's a sack away from being on IR to another who hasn't recovered from his last knee injury ! Great move Ratbirds !!

K Train
07-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Mcnair.....culpepper....boller.....troy smith

lol theres a crew

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Dude....I would love to see Troy Smith get into a game, and Woodley and Foote just blow his *** up!!!

K Train
07-29-2007, 06:18 PM
omg woodley would make troy smith his lady

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Dude....I would love to see Troy Smith get into a game, and Woodley and Foote just blow his *** up!!!

lol.......That would be sweet.....**** Troy Smith.......:lol: over-rated piece of ****.

I'm a Michigan fan also Teemont...Don't know if I ever mentioned that....Been following Michigan football since the Elvis Grbac days...:lol: Started rooting for Michigan out my hatred for Notre Dame....Most of my friends are Irish fans and I just started rooting for Michigan to **** them off......I talked so much **** when Michigan kicked the snot of Notre Dame last year.....My best friend didn't talk to me for a week....:lol:

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Haha...thats funny that ur a fan b/c of ND...Im a fan b/c i hate OSU so much...although I did play in a FF league last year with a bunch of Bungle/OSU fans....I had a rough couple of weeks in there....

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Haha...thats funny that ur a fan b/c of ND...Im a fan b/c i hate OSU so much...although I did play in a FF league last year with a bunch of Bungle/OSU fans....I had a rough couple of weeks in there....

The town I grew up/live is 30 minutes from South Bend....I just always hated the Irish and started following Michigan since most of my friends loved the Irish and hated Michigan...lol I hate Ohio State to but not as much as Notre Dame....I have to drive past South Bend every day on my way to work....I just hate the sight of that town....lol

SteelCityMan786
07-29-2007, 07:13 PM
:rofl: So they're going from one fragile QB who's a sack away from being on IR to another who hasn't recovered from his last knee injury ! Great move Ratbirds !!

Yep, real stupid. go for some younger good QB's who have some years left.

dick rasile
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Would love to see this happen. I believe Culpepper is a horrible QB who cannot read defenses at all. His only good year in the NFL came when he was throwing to Randy Moss and Chris Carter. Without the marquis receivers he has been horrible. The addition of a loser onto a division rival is fine by me. :bigthumb:
What difference does it make who's quarterbacking the opposing team if the pass rush can't get to the quarterback. The Steelers win by scoring more points then the other team and hope that they control the ball during the last quarter.

BlackGold4vr
07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
What difference does it make who's quarterbacking the opposing team if the pass rush can't get to the quarterback. The Steelers win by scoring more points then the other team and hope that they control the ball during the last quarter.

You are right to a degree. Without a pass rush even a bad quarterback can enjoy some success. But a great quarterback like a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady can do much more damage to a defense than someone like a Charlie Frye. Wouldn't you agree? Because I believe Culpepper is a quarterback with poor skills I would not mind seeing him play for a division rival.