PDA

View Full Version : santonio holmes.....

Koopa
07-28-2007, 04:13 PM
practiced for the first time today, i got a text from that kdka or wtfever teemont told me to send a text to lol..........

so that's good, holmes only missed a week, and he's young so it won't be as hard for him to get into shape like ward last year.......

BB2W
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Good news... I know most of us are expecting big things from him this year. :helmet:

Stlrs4Life
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Just received the same text myself. Good news. Wonder how long it takes for the real reason for the surgry to get out?

AZ_Steeler
07-28-2007, 04:35 PM
:woot: Good news!!! I was beginning to think he was a wussy!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2007, 04:52 PM
practiced for the first time today, i got a text from that kdka or wtfever teemont told me to send a text to lol..........

so that's good, holmes only missed a week, and he's young so it won't be as hard for him to get into shape like ward last year.......

Good ****......I just wanted Holmes out there so him and Ben can get on the same page.....especially since Holmes is such a key player to our passing game this year.....

Stairwayto7
07-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Cool!

K Train
07-28-2007, 06:04 PM
holmes is gonna be a badass

:markit:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Thank goodness, I was hoping he'd get his *** back working out before camp got too far along. He's a big part of our offense so he's got to be in sync with Ben.

K Train
07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
i bet he came in with alot of energy after sitting out for a few days

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
I still want to know what happened with Holmes.....It has to be something that would be embarrassing since Holmes won't mention it....lol

I know I can't wait to see him this year......I wanted Holmes when many were screaming for LenDale White before the 2006 draft......Thought he was a badass at Ohio State and I hate the Buckeyes...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2007, 06:22 PM
That's what I'm thinking too, something that would open him open to some ridicule from someone if they knew what the deal was...but if he comes out on fire this year and has a banner season then we'll all forget this "minor surgical procedure" that he had :lol:

K Train
07-28-2007, 06:25 PM
i wanted holmes too, thought he'd be long gone though

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2007, 06:37 PM
After how he tore up the Bungals last year in the final game, I can't wait to see more of that.

introyitrust
07-28-2007, 08:21 PM
This is great to hear.

I myself could care less about the reason for the surgery as long as he has returned to practice.

It's good to see us closer to full strength in camp with Haynes and Holmes returning.
***AutoMerged Post Below...***
Here's an article about today's practice.

WRs, DBs turn up the heat
Saturday, July 28, 2007
By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com
LATROBE, Pa. – It had a little bit of everything that Coach Mike Tomlin wants in a training camp practice. It was physical, intense, competitive, and it also walked the fine line of practice etiquette. On two occasions, however, it definitely crossed it.

The afternoon following a night practice at Latrobe Stadium where the pass offense made a series of big plays, there were two big hits on wide receiver Willie Reid and a scuffle between Tyrone Carter and Nate Washington.

"It's competitive, but that's what training camp is about," said Tomlin. "You'd much rather say, 'whoa,' than 'sic'em.' So we're having to say, 'whoa,' a little bit, but the big thing is that we're professional about it and leave it on the grass. They're taking that approach."

Actually, the whole series of events could have started because Washington taunted Carter over the course of about three successive plays. On the second, Washington caught a pass, got up and flipped the ball to Carter, which would be a penalty in a game. On the next play, Carter and Washington scuffled.

Shortly after that, Reid caught a pass and was running through the secondary as receivers and running backs do in drills such as this. At one point, strength and conditioning coach Garrett Giemont blew the whistle to signal the end of the play, and then Ryan Clark put a shoulder into Reid and knocked him down. Hitting after the whistle also is a penalty.

A few plays later, Reid caught another pass and was flattened immediately by Anthony Smith, who has been a physical presence during every practice of this camp. Smith's hit was neither dirty nor late, but did it come close to violating the unwritten rules of practice etiquette?

"It's football," said Tomlin. "The big thing is that they have respect for each other. I realize that at times tempers are going to flare. That's part of it. Part of us building this football team is understanding and controlling our emotions, too, because they're going to flare on Sundays in the fall. That's part of it.

"It's also showing your ability take some blows and catch some balls and bounce up. Willie Reid has proven to us that he doesn't have any fear, that he can catch balls in traffic. He's distinguishing himself because of some of the things that are happening. But we have to leave it on the grass; it can't get out of hand. It's a fine line, I know. We're attempting to walk it."

Hines Ward believed that fine line was trampled. He said it to the defensive backs at the time on the field, and he reiterated his stance afterward to the media when asked about it.

"It's chicken(bleep). That's what it is. Chicken(bleep)," said Ward. "We're talking about practice, and you go out there and hurt somebody? I understand we're going at it hard, and you want to hit somebody else, but we have to practice smart. You lose somebody off a great hit, come on. Willie is somebody who's trying to make this team. If he were to get hurt and lose his ACL, who's going to be the stupid person then. You just have to play smart, man.

"Willie is coming off a foot injury. This is his opportunity to make an impression. Yes, we know he's tough; he took a great hit. If he gets hurt, or something like that, we lose somebody who could be a vital part of our offense and special teams. You have to be smart about it. I understand we want to hit each other, but at the same time you have to practice smart."

Determining right or wrong will fall to Tomlin and his staff, but this is another example of the long-time battle that has raged between receivers and defensive backs. It can start with one side or the other preening after making a play, then it's spiced with some trash-talk. Add in the heat of the day and the intensity of the session, and things can escalate quickly.

"It's been happening all day," said Ward. "You do it one time, but you don't just keep letting it happen and happen. If the coaches aren't going to say nothing about it, than hell, maybe a player has to say something about it. I mean, there were a couple of scuffles out there, and in the heat of the war, you're going to get scuffles like that. At the same time, let's be smart. We're on the same team. We're not the opponent. We need all of us to be in this together. We have to practice that way."

For his part, Clark apologized for hitting Reid after the whistle, and he understood why Ward said what he did.

"Hines is defending his team, saying we're kind of wrong, kind of dirty, and so we might be," said Clark. "That's why we play defense, not offense. I tell him, if I was wrong, I apologize, please forgive me. I'm willing to accept being wrong and take the repercussions for it. And, you know, we're going to play tomorrow."

STEELERS NOTES: Santonio Holmes was removed from the physically unable to perform list, and he practiced with the team for the first time on Saturday afternoon. Said Tomlin, "He's going to go and do everything tomorrow, so he can catch up. All of those guys who are coming back (from injury), we'll bring them back bit by bit. Verron (Haynes) did a little more today. He'll do some more tomorrow. We just want to make sure we don't have any steps backward as we move forward." … Tomlin also said that Lawrence Timmons (groin) is still day-to-day as is rookie tight end Matt Spaeth (shoulder). "I wouldn't necessarily call it hurt – he's dealing with something. We'll look at it tonight and see if he can go tomorrow … Sunday's practice is scheduled for 2:55 p.m. and is open to the public.

source:http://news.steelers.com/article/78896/
As a fan I love to hear that the DBs and WRs are getting fired up, as long as nobody gets hurt.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I love how the DB's are laying the smack down...I understand were Hines is coming from and props to him for sticking up for his fellow WR.....But I'm glad Tomlin isn't telling the DB's to lay off....Let the guys work it out themselves.....You don't want to take away a players killer instinct so WR's across the NFL better beware of Anthony Smith...

Also props to Willie Reid for taking them hits and holding onto the ball...Its great he is coming along as a WR....

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2007, 09:02 PM
I was really worried about Reid when he got hurt earlier on in the offseason but he's come to play and that's what we need. These guys are bringing the heat and going full speed in the most intense camp we've seen in over a decade. The WR's and DB's are going to face the same type of pressure during the season so it's good that they're getting into that spirit now.

TEEMONT
07-28-2007, 09:02 PM
**** Hines...lol...you wanna stick up for Reid? Go lay out Smith on a running play or something....Smith is trying to crack the starting line-up, I say more power to him.

Koopa
07-28-2007, 09:18 PM
ever since ward won the super bowl mvp he seems quicker to talk to the media and **** like that lol.......

and i think nate better watch his back, the dude is a pussy and dropped a shitload of catches last year......... willie has been doing good on getting hit and holding on to the ball and could take nates spot in the line up

K Train
07-28-2007, 09:21 PM
i like nate and the dude is a hell of a deep threat, but at the same time reid might be an animal after the catch

Iron City South
07-28-2007, 09:53 PM
I still want to know what happened with Holmes.....It has to be something that would be embarrassing since Holmes won't mention it....lol

Word from Latrobe is he had hemmroid surgery which is not uncommon for professional athletes. Not something that he really wanted to advertise.

Koopa
07-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Word from Latrobe is he had hemmroid surgery which is not uncommon for professional athletes. Not something that he really wanted to advertise.

:lol: he pushed to hard on the crapper

stillers4me
07-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I figured it was something like that......embarrassing especially for a young kid to talk about. I work in a medical office and the old people talk about stuff like that to each other in the waiting room all the time!!

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 12:44 AM
:lol: he pushed to hard on the crapper

I hate you....I tried to kill that bug like 4 times.....
***AutoMerged Post Below...***

i like nate and the dude is a hell of a deep threat, but at the same time reid might be an animal after the catch

I dont think I have advertised this too much on this site....but I played against nate in college....that dude was a beast....granted he was playing about two - three levels under what he should have been playing (NAIA) but he was still a beast....I'll be rooting for him the whole time

TampaSteelGirl
07-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I was so disappointed that Willie Reid was hurt last year and missed alot of the season, I'm so excited to see him so aggressive this and look forward to seeing him play this year, I think hes got alot of talent to contribute to this team! :tt02:

Loving the aggressiveness of this team, Hines is right in the fact that they need to play smart BUT they need to get hit and be emotional and aggressive out there, it will only make us a better football come season time! :gs:

K Train
07-29-2007, 06:05 PM
i like nate, i like nate alot more than wilson. nate is 6-1 but he plays like hes 6-9, he'll toughen up and with everyone healthy around him he will shine...he only played last year when ward and wilson were both hurt, with ward hurt that made it harder for him to do stuff cause ward opens shitup for the other guys and wilson, he can get hurt again....i hate him and he wont go away

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 06:10 PM
admit it...you were pumped when we signed wilson...lol

K Train
07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
not at all, just a scrub from the niners, we drafted heath that year....i was pumped over that lol

TEEMONT
07-29-2007, 06:29 PM
i know...deep down...you love wilson like koop loves Cowher

K Train
07-29-2007, 06:29 PM
um no....

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM
i know...deep down...you love wilson like koop loves Cowher

Koop loves Cowher......:lol: Thats funny just reading that......lol

manofsteel
07-29-2007, 08:46 PM