PDA

View Full Version : Strahan retiring?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2007, 12:03 AM
KFFL:

Strahan Could Retire

New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese said he talked to the agent for DE Michael Strahan Thursday, July 26, and was told that Strahan is contemplating retirement. Strahan did not reported to training camp on time.

It wouldn't surprise me to Strahan retire although I did think he'd come back for atleast 1 more year.

okiesteeler
07-28-2007, 12:15 AM
If Strahan retires, then the Giants are really in trouble they already lost their running back, prior to the draft at least, and then to lose Strahan this late it would be hard to replace him, it would be hard to replace him anytime much less this late

DIESELMAN
07-28-2007, 06:48 AM
I heard he wasn't happy with his contract and wanted another deal. The Giants didn't want to do anything, so now hes thinking about retiring? I don't know if he can afford to retire after the divorce he just went through :lol:

K Train
07-28-2007, 11:08 AM
they drafted kiwanuka to be his replacement and the dude is an animal....him and osi would do fine, i'd be worried about eli lol

TINO
07-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I think they will be fine. It's the short notice type thing. If he got high once in a while it would be looked down on like Ricky Williams sudden bailing on the Fins but it won't be.

If you think about it, him saying he is going to give up the game now is really the same type of circumstances as Williams (dropping it on them when camp starts). The difference is Ricky was young so many people thought he owed them more of his life :)