PDA

View Full Version : Porter and Cowher's relationship?

AZ_Steeler
09-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Porter's interception was a big high-light of the game, especially for Porter considering it was his first ever INT returned for a TD. During Porter's excitement on the sidelines Cowher snatched him and was giving him nothing but praises!!! How did Porter respond to Cowher's remarks... with a nice kiss planted on the side of Cowhers cheek! This is the second known kiss to take place on the sidelines... the first was Cowher planting one on Kordell!

It's great to see the love among the players and coaches! This just goes to show the camaraderie and the special bond this Steeler team has!

I wish I could find a picture to add...

Steelerlyn
09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Cowher seems to be a player's coach. Those guys really love him. Maybe because he was a player and knows what the guys want?

SteelerFan87
09-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Cowher seems to be a player's coach. Those guys really love him. Maybe because he was a player and knows what the guys want?

Well, based on the kisses, I'm not sure I want to know "what the guys want". ;) Just kidding. As long as it wasn't on the lips, there's nothing wrong with it, and it just shows the comraderie of the team and how much they enjoy playing football.

House of Steel
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Some guy hate the fact that other guys slap them on the butt. Some have a problem with that thinking it is a gay thing. People need to lighten up. Heck, I would gave Cowher a nice kiss on the cheek too if I done something to light the fire in him.

shimmysteelerfan
09-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Best pick i could find...

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20060908pd_steelers0908i_2

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06251/720136-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Joey's just having fun and being joey :lol: He was joking around about in the locker room afterwards with the press...but you know our AFCN rivals will just love to rag on him about this.. ugh!

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Welcome Home, Top Gun. How was your vacation at the Beach????

That was a heck of a game, wasn't it???

Good to see you back on the board.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks I apprecaite it. It was awesome !! I took a bunch of pics and I'll post up a thread here shortly. Vacation was WAY too short but I guess it's good to be home eh ! ;)

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Where exactly do you go? I've been to Atlantic City, Ocean City NJ and MD, Rehoboth Beach and Rehoboth Bay, Delaware and Jones Beach, Long Island New York.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 12:48 AM
We were in OCMD, Rehoboth and Dewey. We stayed in OCMD and went to the outlets in Rehoboth to shop and get some famous Grotto's pizza :yesnod:

Steelersfan
09-09-2006, 02:13 AM
They made such a big deal out of this that Dan Patrick had Kordell on his radio show today.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 02:21 AM
R u serious? oh geez I can just imagine the press this will be getting all week..hell they won't let this go all year long it'll be infamous at this rate.

For a second there I thought Cowher was going to kiss him back :lol:

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 12:31 PM
They made such a big deal out of this that Dan Patrick had Kordell on his radio show today.

This is the reason why I don't ever watch ESPN. They are so stuck on STUPID anymore. Nonetheless, they go and ruined MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL :banging: :banging:

I absolutely hate ESPN anymore.

Dan Patrick has lost his sanity and has hit a midlife crisis inviting Kordell to the show.

I would be doing this the whole time listening :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Here are Porters comments regarding his intimate moment with BC:

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuV.MK1gZa_n0.PDUJtIcN5DubYF?slug=jc-nflnotes090906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Porter quickly grew tired of the subject, but did offer an explanation.

"I just was so happy and after all the things that went on in training camp, I wanted him to know how I felt about him," said Porter, who opened training camp on the physically unable to perform list and evidently was grousing about his contract. "Some people took some things to mean something it really wasn't and I want him to know that there was nothing personal. I'm with him."

So, Porter was asked tongue-in-cheek, "You're comfortable with your masculinity?"

Porter smiled lightly and said, "Yeah, I'm comfortable. That was like kissing your dad. You don't get in trouble for kissing your dad."

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Here are Porters comments regarding his intimate moment with BC:

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuV.MK1gZa_n0.PDUJtIcN5DubYF?slug=jc-nflnotes090906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I like that Kissing your Dad quote. Nice choice of words. LOL.

BBC
09-09-2006, 08:58 PM
We were in OCMD, Rehoboth and Dewey. We stayed in OCMD and went to the outlets in Rehoboth to shop and get some famous Grotto's pizza :yesnod:

It's awesome up there, isn't it? I used to have a beach house up in Ocean City on a canal. I love it up there.

AZ_Steeler
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Best pick i could find...

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20060908pd_steelers0908i_2

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06251/720136-66.stm

Thanks shimmy!!!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/pics/bc_porter.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
It's awesome up there, isn't it? I used to have a beach house up in Ocean City on a canal. I love it up there.

We were driving by and looking at alot of those beach houses, wow they are awesome !

Pats
09-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Its going to be infamous. I remember how Ward was making fun of various end zone celebrations last year. Well now the other teams have ammo. It was funny to watch the whole thing.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
As if Kordell's kiss wasn't enough, you know Joey just had to stir the pot :lol:

House of Steel
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
As if Kordell's kiss wasn't enough, you know Joey just had to stir the pot :lol:

I put the video of the kiss in the media thread, Matt. It looks ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a little corny for my taste. :hilarious: :hilarious: Hey it is brotherly love in my opinion. :tt02: :tt02:

cmdrfunk
09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm so tired of "gay" being thrown around left and right. Fine everyone can go be gay if they want, i don't care; and i'm tired of hearing that every little thing people do somehow is a gay action or they're gay or blah blah blah. Why can't men show the slightest bit of affection without it meaning that they don't like boobies anymore? He did it as a joke. I've kissed guys' cheeks before as jokes, mostly because it creeps them out and everyone else has a good laugh.

House of Steel
09-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Relax, Relax, Relax. I was making a joke out of it. I thought it was a nice gesture between Porter and Cowher. I've kissed my best friend on the cheek when we cheer on the Buckeyes and he doesn't seem to mind, but it gets to him after awhile. It is a JOKE!!! Just like getting pat on the *** by guys. I don't care. Hey, it is a man thing for crying outloud. Been around forever. I sometimes kiss my Father on the cheek when I see him cause I hardly see him anymore. He doesn't mind it either, it shows him how much I love him as a role model and my dad.

SteelersFire
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
A violin ballad for all the poor males who get attacked (mostly by other males I might add) when they "feel" too much. Too much joy, too much love, too much sorrow and, bam, they're questioned and labeled and jeered at. Glad I'm not a guy, I wouldn't give up hugs and kisses and crying for anything. I say cheers to any guy who is free enough, and strong enough, to be himself. :2cents:

House of Steel
09-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I am probably a sucker for crying a bit. I am an emotional guy. I was crying when we won the Super Bowl and when Bill Cowher let out his emotional 15 years of fustrations.