PDA

View Full Version : PM Practice rEPORT: 26 July

DIESELMAN
07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/45/450645.jpg

It’s now official, first-round pick Lawrence Timmons is out of action for at least a while after aggravating the groin injury that kept him out of mini-camp and OTAs. Timmons said the injury was the result of two-a-days, while Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said it was a twinge Timmons felt in his groin. Neither would give a timetable on the rookie’s return, though.

Arnold Harrison took Timmons’ spot with the No. 2 defense at ROLB.

There were some big hits delivered today.

For the second day in a row, Anthony Smith leveled Willie Reid after a reception, eliciting cheers from the crowd.

Just as impressive was running back John Kuhn’s hit on defensive tackle Scott Paxson. Kuhn lowered his shoulder and blasted Paxson to the ground.

Over in the offensive line-defensive line drills, Trai Essex showed off a solid punch, nailing Brett Keisel on the snap and knocking Keisel to the ground. Essex actually looked good today. Maybe the light is going on.

In fact, the entire second team line looked strong. Willie Colon took LaMarr Woodley off the snap and pancaked him to his back. When the two lined up again, Colon again slapped Woodley backwards.

Chris Kemoeatu also looked good.

Cedrick Wilson was in midseason form during 11-on-11. The NFL has sent some officials out to discuss the new rules and interpretations and they were working the sidelines Thursday afternoon.

Ben Roethlisberger rolled out of the pocket and waived for Wilson to go deep. Wilson cut his pattern off and tried to get past a cornerback on the sidelines, but the two got tangled. Wilson, of course, immediately began calling for pass interference. The official wasn’t having any of it, saying the QB was out of the pocket.

Santonio Holmes is still not practicing. And for the first time today, Tomlin seemed a little antsy about it when asked, saying that Holmes could be falling behind a bit. We’ll see if that has any effect on Holmes’ status.

Dale Lolley
SteelCityInsider.com
26 July 2007

Its good to hear that the OL isn't backing down and delivering some **** of their own. They're goin against some of the best in the business. :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Holmes needs to get his *** in there......He needs to get his rhythm with Ben....Still wondered what is wrong with Holmes....

As for Timmons and his excuse the two-a-days are the reason for him hurting his groin yet again.....Dude this is the NFL....lol I remember one of the knocks on Timmons was his conditioning........He was winded at his pro-day....With him having these groin injuries it seems there could be something to him having poor conditioning.... Now he is out for a while...You might as well throw his rookie year out the window.......lol He will be so far behind now that he won't be ready to play until late season...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah does anyone have an update on Santonio? I thought he'd be in camp by now but I must have missed something on whatever is keeping him out of action. He needs to get in there because he's the starter opposite Hines and needs all the action he can get to be ready for 2007.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah does anyone have an update on Santonio? I thought he'd be in camp by now but I must have missed something on whatever is keeping him out of action. He needs to get in there because he's the starter opposite Hines and needs all the action he can get to be ready for 2007.

Tomlin and Santonio both won't say what it is....They said it was a non football related injury and that Santonio had minor surgery......His injury isn't supposed to be to serious......But him and Ben need to get on the same page.....that starts at training camp....

Koopa
07-26-2007, 10:22 PM
timmons has bust written all over him now, i let k train get in my head about wanting him lol, we should've just reached and got spencer cause no one was gonna trade with us being the the draft sucked *** after the first the top 14 picks.............. this is why timmons got a contract so quick, drew knew timmons is a bust so he got him all the money he could before the steelers figured it out......... looks like woodley is gonna be the best pick of this draft. to bad harrison is old already or we'd be able to count on him for a few years but looks like we'll be needing another outside lineback in next years draft :lol:

and look at that, kuhn looking good against no bodies

DIESELMAN
07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Holmes is out cuz of a unrelated sports injury....WTF ever that means :lol: Who is our trainer now days? He should be with Timmons since day 1, reconditioning him and getting him used to the rigors of the NFL. Whats up wit dat?

Koopa
07-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Holmes is out cuz of a unrelated sports injury....WTF ever that means :lol: Who is our trainer now days? He should be with Timmons since day 1, reconditioning him and getting him used to the rigors of the NFL. Whats up wit dat?

i thought he had surgery or some **** for that unrelated sports injury, maybe it was a Vasectomy lol, he has like 80 kids already with different ppl, maybe he got smart and put an end to it lol

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2007, 10:30 PM
timmons has bust written all over him now, i let k train get in my head about wanting him lol, we should've just reached and got spencer cause no one was gonna trade with us being the the draft sucked *** after the first the top 14 picks.............. this is why timmons got a contract so quick, drew knew timmons is a bust so he got him all the money he could before the steelers figured it out......... looks like woodley is gonna be the best pick of this draft. to bad harrison is old already or we'd be able to count on him for a few years but looks like we'll be needing another outside lineback in next years draft :lol:

and look at that, kuhn looking good against no bodies

You're right about this draft being weak.......Next years looks really strong and we still don't know what under classman will come out...But noway the Steelers draft another OLB next year....Except if its Jasper Brinkley from South Carolina....He can play both ILB/OLB in the 3-4 plus has the size for a 3-4 OLB....This dude is a beast but still I don't think the Steelers should draft a LB high period...

They invested a 1st and 2nd in this years draft on Timmons and Woodley...So far so good with Woodley so far.......So far Timmons sounds like he has Kendrell Bell's groin.....:lol:

Stlrs4Life
07-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Sounds like Woodley 1 day was the hunter, the next he was the Hunted.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2007, 10:35 PM

Our trainer did spend the time with Timmons to rehab his groin to get him ready for training camp.....I don't think much blame should be placed on the trainer since Timmons might be alittle soft.....:dunno: Dude suck it up and play....This is the NFL...earn that contract.......I'm sure in the iron man days of the NFL players played through groin injuries.......