2/3 cup beer
2 cups coconut, flaked
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
3 cups oil (for frying)

Directions
Combine beer, baking powder, 1/2 cup flour, and egg in a mixing bowl. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two different bowls.
Hold shrimp by the tail, and place in flour. Shake off the excess then dip in the egg/beer batter and allow excess to drip off. Roll the shrimp in coconut, then place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. Then, in a deep-fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning only once, for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn a golden brown. Remove the shrimp using tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your desired dipping sauce.

steelersgal86
07-26-2007, 07:27 PM
now that sounds good :bigthumb:

floodcitygirl
07-26-2007, 08:16 PM
I love coconut shrimp! Red Lobster has the best pineapple dipping sauce for it. Heavenly! :drool:

steelersgal86
07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I love coconut shrimp! Red Lobster has the best pineapple dipping sauce for it. Heavenly! :drool:

now that sounds good too...:yesnod:

SteelerBee43
07-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Sounds yummy

Bucsfan4ever
07-28-2007, 07:42 AM

I love that pineapple dipping sauce...have you ever seen anything like it that you can buy in the store or seen a recipe for anything similar??

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Wow Cleve, that just sounds awesome man !! Thanks !

floodcitygirl
07-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I love that pineapple dipping sauce...have you ever seen anything like it that you can buy in the store or seen a recipe for anything similar??I haven't....but I haven't really looked for it. Honestly, when I really get a craving for it, I go there. :dunno: It'd be great to have a recipe for that to go along with this shrimp recipe though......

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Check out this site they have a lot of restaurant's recipes here:

www.razzledazzlerecipes.com

Lots and lots of good recipes on this site !!

WildBillSteel
08-07-2007, 08:51 AM
beer 'n shrimp...great combo :yesnod:

thanks for sharing

chata
08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
can you really taste the coconut witht his recipe?

also here is a recipe for pineapple/habanero dipping sauce for these shrimp it is delicious.

Pineapple-Habanero Chutney:
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
Pinch salt
2 cups small diced pineapple
1/2 cup small diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced habanero
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions. Season with salt and saute for 2 minutes. Add the pineapple, red bell pepper and habanero. Continue to saute until the pineapple is soft, about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the vinegar and the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and whisk until smooth. Stir the slurry into the pineapple mixture and return mixture to a boil. Continue to cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.