PDA

View Full Version : What a game!

Steelersfan
07-21-2006, 02:55 AM
I can't imagine playing that long. That is like 3 games in one.....lol I have played 7 softball games in one day but we did have a few breaks between a couple of them.

NEW YORK -- Shortly after Oneonta beat Brooklyn 6-1 in 26 innings Thursday, Mark Wright could hardly believe he had played in the longest game in New York-Penn League history.
"It kind of gets to the point where you get in a rhythm and it seems like it will never end," said Wright, a reserve outfielder who ended up pitching and taking the loss when the Cyclones ran out of pitchers. "I think it's hard, it gets into your mind a little bit."
Deik Scram's one-out run-scoring single in the 26th put the Class A Tigers in front and Randor Bierd pitched two scoreless innings to get the win in one of the longest games in the history of professional baseball.
The Pawtucket Red Sox beat the Rochester Red Wings 3-2 in 33 innings in a Triple-A game in 1981 for the longest pro game. In 1920, the Boston Braves and Brooklyn Dodgers tied 1-1 in 26 innings in the longest major league game by innings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/story?id=2525606

PITT23
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah thats really long. I remember when the Pirates played 17 earlier this season. I was out at a party and someone turned on the TV and they were still going.