PDA

View Full Version : Vick retains Lawyer.....

DIESELMAN
07-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has retained prominent trial attorney Billy Martin, of the Washington, D.C.-based firm Sutherland Asbill &Brennan, to represent him in a potential trial stemming from indictments charging the NFL star in an alleged dog-fighting ring, ESPN.com has learned.

Vick and his advisors, a group that includes his personal attorney, Lawrence Woodward, spent the last several days interviewing potential counsel. The Vick camp felt it was key to retain a veteran attorney with considerable experience in federal cases.

Martin is a former federal prosecutor and senior official at the Department of Justice and has been in private practice for 1990. He recently moved to Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, and heads the firm's white-collar criminal defense practice.

Vick will hardly be the first high-profile client Martin has represented. Nor will he be the first prominent Atlanta personage to call on Martin's services.

Martin recently represented former Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell is his public corruption trial that was brought by the federal government.

Other high-profile professional athlete clients have included former NBA players Jayson Williams and Rod Strickland, current NBA stars Allen Iverson and Juwan Howard and boxer Riddick Bowe.

Martin also represented Monica Lewinsky and her mother, along with the parents of the late congressional intern Chandra Levy.

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Finally, its sinking in, ain't it Dick? LMAO Time to get serious Dick, your name won't get you off the hook on this one.....*******!!!!!

Captcoolhand
07-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Finally, its sinking in, ain't it Dick? LMAO Time to get serious Dick, your name won't get you off the hook on this one.....*******!!!!!But what about me tennie shoes.....:bluelol:

BigDawg22
07-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I have the perfect punishment. They should take 3 pitbulls and train them to attack humans. Put Vick in an enclosed cage, about the size of dog fighting ring. Then simply let the dogs in. They could televise this on PPV and they would make a fortune. I now I'd be throwing a huge "fight party." Then when he loses they could take shovels and beat him in the head until he's dead. That is if he survives the dogs of course. Or they could always soak him in water and electricute him. That would be entertaining too. :bigthumb:

PsychoWard
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I have the perfect punishment. They should take 3 pitbulls and train them to attack humans. Put Vick in an enclosed cage, about the size of dog fighting ring. Then simply let the dogs in. They could televise this on PPV and they would make a fortune. I now I'd be throwing a huge "fight party." Then when he loses they could take shovels and beat him in the head until he's dead. That is if he survives the dogs of course. Or they could always soak him in water and electricute him. That would be entertaining too. :bigthumb:

lol i am cool with that:yesnod: