PDA

View Full Version : Vick taking leave of absence

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2007, 10:20 PM
From KFFL:

According to NFL Network, Fox 5 WAGA in Atlanta reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick will take a leave of absence from the team for an undetermined length of time.

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick not to attend the Falcons' entire training camp. The move will give the league time to assess the facts and judge additional facts that could come out in the next month. This is the first part of what could be a larger punishment for Vick. At this time, it is more likely that Vick will sit for the year while he deals with his personal problems.

Gee I wonder why....oh wait, that's right cuz he's a damn criminal !! Throw the book at him !

Bet they're regretting letting go of Schaub now :whistle:

DIESELMAN
07-23-2007, 10:59 PM
The only question here is whether it's a paid absence or unpaid. Falcons owner Arthur Blank is said to not want to pay Vick. I just did a draft at NFL.com and this one guy actually drafted his dumbass.

Steelerlyn
07-23-2007, 11:48 PM
The only question here is whether it's a paid absence or unpaid. Falcons owner Arthur Blank is said to not want to pay Vick. I just did a draft at NFL.com and this one guy actually drafted his dumbass.

Which I why I never hold a draft until after training camp and after all the bones that are gpoing to be broken are broken

PsychoWard
07-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I just did a draft at NFL.com and this one guy actually drafted his dumbass.

lmao what a dumbass i was just about to say stay away from him in fantsy!

Ambridge
07-24-2007, 12:37 PM
The only question here is whether it's a paid absence or unpaid. Falcons owner Arthur Blank is said to not want to pay Vick.

I heard last night that paychecks/gamechecks aren't issued until the start of the regular season and that the only money Vick will get until then is the small stipend/per-diem that all players get during training camp and the pre-season.
I hope somehow/someway that Arthur Blank will be able to release or cut Vick and be able to Void his contract because of "Conduct detrimental to the team and the NFL.
That would be sweet justice along with a Lifetime ban on Mike Vick playing in the NFL.

AZ_Steeler
07-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Who is the Falcons backup??? :dunno:

If we all thought Pac Man was going to be used as the example I hate to see what they do with Vick now. I use to have some respect for this guy, but after hearing everything he's done a lifetime ban and some time in prison may not be enough to satisfy me! Besides he'll probably get the Paris Hilton treatment if he goes to prison! :smh2:

Ambridge
07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Who is the Falcons backup??? :dunno:

Joey Harrington

The Falcons season is looking pretty dismal already.

kgreen
07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
From KFFL:

Gee I wonder why....oh wait, that's right cuz he's a damn criminal !! Throw the book at him !

Bet they're regretting letting go of Schaub now :whistle:

I've said for years now that Schaub should be the Starter. Vick is the biggest fraud in NFL history. Only two trips to the playoffs in his career and has never thrown more than 20 TD's and has a career completion percentage of like 52%. Fraud and now criminal. Lock him in jail and throw away the key.

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Joey Harrington

The Falcons season is looking pretty dismal already.

dismal is not the word for it. It is great to see that the falcons will be able to draft a QB top five pick next year, :lol: