PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Timmons-Your Expectations In His First Year

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Ok now that Lawrence Timmons is signed and ready to go...I just want to know what are your expectations for Timmons in his rookie year....The Steelers defense is complicated and its tough for rookies to learn/contribute their rookie years.......So I'm not expecting Timmons to start or even compete for a starters role anyway...However I do think we will see Lawrence on special teams on the kick coverage units.....Then on defense see him in situational spots.....or spelling James Harrison from time to time.....So your thoughts please....

Now we have seen our first rounders the past few years exceeded expectations....I wanted Ben to start from the jump and didn't want Ben to sit on the bench at all...But still I was shocked on how well Ben played and the team in 2004......Then in 2005 Heath Miller had a very productive rookie year......After a rocky start with the fumbles on punt returns Santonio Holmes had a solid rookie year as a WR and also improved on his ball handling on returns....So its not impossible for Lawrence Timmons to shock the football world and have a bad *** rookie year....

SteelerSal
07-23-2007, 12:06 AM
I think from lack of experience, only starting one season of college, he will not make much of an impact his first season. Woodley, on the other hand, I feel will see more playing time in his rookie year.
I hope I'm wrong about Timmons but I think he will be a project for a few years, but hey, it's not like we don't have veteran LB's that can play right now.:bigthumb:

TEEMONT
07-23-2007, 12:20 AM
The new Keisel on kick coverage......WAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!

BB2W
07-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't expect much if Harrison is ready to suit up... I am not expecting him to crack the starting lineup. Any statistical production outside of "clean-up" duty is an added bonus in my opinion.

BlitzburghNation
07-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Like i've posted earlier,i've got a stonger feeling about Bringing The "wood"
W O O D L E Y,,,,,,,,:tt02:

Just a gut feeling,,,,,,,,I think this guy is something specail & got a feeling he's gonna have an exceptional rookie year !

Our pass rush has been lacking & that's where mr. woodley comes in,,,:tt02:

I hope both guys have a special year & make the rest of the league regret passing on them,,,,,,,,,:popcorn: Only time will tell !!!!!!

Iron City South
07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I think from lack of experience, only starting one season of college, he will not make much of an impact his first season. Woodley, on the other hand, I feel will see more playing time in his rookie year.

. . . is the right answer :bigthumb:

Ambridge
07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Stay healthy and make a solid contribution on special teams...anything more than that is all extra gravy.