PDA

View Full Version : Steelers, Timmons agree to five-year deal

Koopa
07-22-2007, 07:43 PM
i'm glad i get to post this news cause i was the one telling 32 that there would be no problem at all with drew getting a deal done for timmons and i think i guaranteed a no hold out lol

The Steelers will have all of their rookies in training camp tomorrow after coming to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Lawrence Timmons this afternoon.

Timmons signed a five-year contract that is worth slightly less than $12 million in base pay and up to $15 million, including incentives. He will receive various guaranteed bonuses of $8,053,000 that includes signing and roster bonuses.

"We think it was very important to get Lawrence signed on time to give him an opportunity to reach his immense potential," said his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. "Obviously, Mike Tomlin's in his first training camp and Lawrence is his first draft pick as head coach and we wanted him to be there. He's off to a great start."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07203/803663-66.stm

PsychoWard
07-22-2007, 07:48 PM
wow thats awesome not to bad of a payday for a rookie!!!! :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Great news that Lawrence Timmons is signed and ready to go......As for Koopa ok you told me so ****ing what...lol I also havn't really went on about Rosenhaus being his agent since before the draft.........I backed off from that.......just brought up for conversation really.......I wasn't on the Timmons wagon at first....But since he was drafted and the more I read about the more I liked the guy...Can't a person change his mind for Christ's sake...lol

TEEMONT
07-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Got this when I was out on my KDKA test ....so I knew before you Koop...lol

Koopa
07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Great news that Lawrence Timmons is signed and ready to go......As for Koopa ok you told me so ****ing what...lol I also havn't really went on about Rosenhaus being his agent since before the draft.........I backed off from that.......just brought up for conversation really.......I wasn't on the Timmons wagon at first....But since he was drafted and the more I read about the more I liked the guy...Can't a person change his mind for Christ's sake...lol

no, you can't change you're mind till i get to say i told you so :lol:

damn i can't wait till football season, training camp will keep me happy for a day or two, but damn i want to see timmons and the rest of the guys killing ppl already lol

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 08:07 PM
no, you can't change you're mind till i get to say i told you so :lol:

damn i can't wait till football season, training camp will keep me happy for a day or two, but damn i want to see timmons and the rest of the guys killing ppl already lol

Ok you told me so....:lol: its almost here Koopa........what the Hall of Fame game is two weeks from this Sunday.....Yea I'm anxious to see these young LBs.......Really the whole team under Tomlin......:banana::banana::banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Hot Damn !! This is great ! All the draft picks will be in camp and ready to go ! Congrats to Rosenhaus and the Steelers for getting this done. Lawrence has a great upside and hopefully we'll realize that potential soon !

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Hot Damn !! This is great ! All the draft picks will be in camp and ready to go ! Congrats to Rosenhaus and the Steelers for getting this done. Lawrence has a great upside and hopefully we'll realize that potential soon !

I must say props to Drew.....Both of his first round clients are signed...Only three first round picks are signed and two of them are Rosenhaus clients....Greg Olsen and Lawrence Timmons......Plus Lawrence didn't do any sit ups in a driveway...Before anybody tells me something....just joking about the sit ups....:lol:

K Train
07-22-2007, 08:54 PM
lol you all were hatin on drew from day one

Captcoolhand
07-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I must say props to Drew.....Both of his first round clients are signed...Only three first round picks are signed and two of them are Rosenhaus clients....Greg Olsen and Lawrence Timmons
Ya this is good to hear but you got to believe that Timmons didn't get the better contract.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Ya this is good to hear but you got to believe that Timmons didn't get the better contract.

Huh? Timmons got a sweet contract..........Up 19% from last years number 15 pick Ty Hill...........

K Train
07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
olsen got late first round money...he was picked 31st...timmons got the better deal....obviously

Captcoolhand
07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
lol you all were hatin on drew from day one
I'm still hatin what you talking about.....
This was nothing more than a earn to learn,learn to make money and if you can't do that then you don't get payed contract.

K Train
07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
hes a damn good agent, he knows what hes doing and he does get big deals done, but he represents alot of the "smaller" guys too...you dont like him cause hes TOs agent and TO made him look like an ***

Captcoolhand
07-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Huh? Timmons got a sweet contract..........Up 19% from last years number 15 pick Ty Hill...........Bull **** he got a steeler contract that guarantees him that "we will pay you providing you hold up your end. Same as Ben

K Train
07-22-2007, 09:14 PM
oooo yeah a "steelers contract" that means we wont pay pay him unless he produces.....what about the 8 million that hes guaranteed?

Captcoolhand
07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
hes a damn good agent, he knows what hes doing and he does get big deals done, but he represents alot of the "smaller" guys too...you dont like him cause hes TOs agent and TO made him look like an assYa he's a good agent but Look at what Olson got up front and look at Timmons.....
I like the signing because it favors the FO and Protacting their intrest but I don't see it as great from a Player perspective

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm sure if it wasn't a good deal for Timmons then Rosenhaus wouldn't have came to an agreement....He is the master of getting what his clients wants and what he wants.....

I don't like agents period but they do serve a purpose and Rosenhaus did get both of his first round clients signed.......Thats 2 of the 3 first round picks signed so far in the NFL...So he deserves props for that....

Captcoolhand
07-22-2007, 09:23 PM
oooo yeah a "steelers contract" that means we wont pay pay him unless he produces.....what about the 8 million that hes guaranteed?
What are you talking about.... where does that say any thing about guaranteed. Again his bonuses were included in incentive for how he performs

SteelerSteve
07-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm just happy he's signed, healthy, and ready to strap on a helmet for the black and gold!:tt02:

steelcurtaingal
07-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Sweet! damn, i wish i got payed that when i just started

K Train
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
What are you talking about.... where does that say any thing about guaranteed. Again his bonuses were included in incentive for how he performs

He will receive various guaranteed bonuses of $8,053,000 that includes signing and roster bonuses.

did i adequately answer your question of what i was talking about? sure theres incentives for playing well but signing bonuses are cash in the pocket

Captcoolhand
07-22-2007, 09:57 PM
did i adequately answer your question of what i was talking about? sure theres incentives for playing well but signing bonuses are cash in the pocket
Dude calm the F*ck down, no need to yell.
Rosters bonuses dont get payed unless you meet that.That's not in his pocket and if you think he walked today with that is about as F*cked up as your Ego.
I say he might have got 4-5 mil and the rest he will have to earn.

Ok K signing is guaranteed but that is not going to be as real as everyone thinks.

K Train
07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Dude calm the F*ck down, no need to yell.
Rosters bonuses dont get payed unless you meet that.That's not in his pocket and if you think he walked today with that is about as F*cked up as your Ego.
I say he might have got 4-5 mil and the rest he will have to earn.

whos yelling? wtf? lol, your kinda cranky i guess....read the sentence again

He will receive various guaranteed bonuses of $8,053,000 .

it doesnt say he might receive does it?

Stlrs4Life
07-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Glad to see this, and admit that Drew surprised me.

BB2W
07-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Great news!... Now lets get him on the field. :helmet:

SteelerSal
07-22-2007, 10:32 PM
In an interveiw with Tomlin, that Deiselman posted, he said both Timmons and Reid were healthy for training camp.:bigthumb:
We wont have any distractions, accept for Feneca's occasional whining so camp should be smooth and barring any injuries, the players will learn the new schemes and playbook.
On a side note pertaining to Feneca, yeah he said that he wont play for the Steelers next season but you can best believe he will play 110% every down for a big contract from another team. So I can live with the whining anyday for 110%.

Monday can't come soon enough so check Deiselman's topic for Training Camp airtimes that he posted for us.http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8051:plus1:

DIESELMAN
07-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Damn good news!!! For all y'all bickering about incentives and whatever else :lol: contracts now days should be all incentive laden, just because someone did good in college doesn't mean their college stats will translate into NFL stats. They should earn their money with incentives instead of getting everything guaranteed. Just my nickels worth :banana:

BlitzburghNation
07-23-2007, 01:07 AM
:clap::clap::clap: :tt02::tt02: :clap::clap::clap:

Great news~~~:bigthumb:
Now bring on the season~~~~~~~:tt02:

Prosdo
07-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Very glad to hear he is signed. Now let's get Troy signed today and start camp!

Stairwayto7
07-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Awesome news, getting him signed , get him working!

manofsteel
07-25-2007, 02:01 AM
His agent sure knows how to set the market. I was expecting him to sign especially whti them having such an early camp