PDA

View Full Version : Spaeth signed, sealed, and delivered

introyitrust
07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Spaeth is signed.

Steelers sign third-round pick Matt Spaeth
Friday, July 20, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today signed third-round draft choice Matt Spaeth, a 6-7 tight end from Minnesota.

That leaves the team with just two rookie draft choices who have not yet come to terms -- first rounder Lawrence Timmons, a linebacker, and cornerback William Gay, a fifth-round choice.

source: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07201/803182-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm looking forward to great things from this kid. I was still skeptical about this pick when we made it but the more I read of him the more I can't wait to see him participate in this updated system.

BlitzburghNation
07-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm looking forward to great things from this kid. I was still skeptical about this pick when we made it but the more I read of him the more I can't wait to see him participate in this updated system.

:iagree: :towelwave::gs::towelwave:

SteelerSal
07-21-2007, 09:14 PM
I am so looking forward to seeing what our offense looks like this season.
We have been reading that it will have the three TE set and a spread formation with four WR's. :dunno:
How much will Krieder be in the playbook this season? All these questions will be answered soon ( August 5th) and I hope Arians wont disapoint us.:bigthumb:

BB2W
07-21-2007, 09:15 PM
We know he can block... I am eager to see what kind of impact if any he will have in the passing game. I doubt he will be the first option very often, but he should get some looks with his size.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Dude really I could careless if Spaeth ever catches a pass...His drafting will free up Heath Miller in the passing game.......Thats the main reason I love the Spaeth pick......

Prosdo
07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
We know he can block... I am eager to see what kind of impact if any he will have in the passing game. I doubt he will be the first option very often, but he should get some looks with his size.

Same here. Our passing game should be insane.

DIESELMAN
07-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I really do hope he can block, we actually haven't really seen anything yet. College is in the past, hes in the Black n Gold now, time to play ball. All our TE's ain't got no choice but to step up in TC, we got 5 TE's on our roster. Miller, Spaeth, Tuman, Boyd and Dekker. I wonder how many we'll carry on the roster and who will be the odd man/men out?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
If he can block like Bruener and catch like Miller we may have landed the gem of the draft :lol:

Heath is our main target though so as long as Spaeth contributes in a positive way either blocking or catching, I'll be happy.