PDA

View Full Version : William Gay signed

introyitrust
07-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Gay is signed.

Steelers reach agreement with rookie William Gay
Saturday, July 21, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have reached a three-year contract agreement with another rookie, cornerback William Gay that will pay him a $106,000 signing bonus.

That leaves only top draft choice Lawrence Timmons, a linebacker from Florida State, unsigned. The Steelers hope to have Timmons signed by the time they open camp Monday afternoon.

Gay, who played at Louisville, was the team's second pick in the fifth round.

source: http://postgazette.com/pg/07202/803493-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Great news, we've got just about everyone signed and ready to go !

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Lets get Timmons into camp

BB2W
07-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Nice!... Hopefully he can contribute. :helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I this kid might be a player.....He will contribute on special teams from the jump...He will be on the kick coverage units.......Down the road I see him as a 3rd or 4th corner for this team...Hell he might even push Ricardo this year for the 4th corner spot....

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I this kid might be a player.....He will contribute on special teams from the jump...He will be on the kick coverage units.......Down the road I see him as a 3rd or 4th corner for this team...Hell he might even push Ricardo this year for the 4th corner spot....

That shouldn't be too difficult considering Coc can't play special teams and is sub par as a CB at best :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2007, 09:50 PM
That shouldn't be too difficult considering Coc can't play special teams and is sub par as a CB at best :lol:

Keep Colclough away from kick returns thats for sure......:bigthumb: I'm hoping Coach Tomlin can at least get something out of Ricardo.......It would be nice especially since the Steelers traded up in the second round of the 2004 draft to draft his clown....:lol: If he sucks again this year and I think he has to show something during pre-season if not then we might see William Gay take his spot.....

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
If I remember right, Coc should some good promise in camp last year but that was short lived the minute he got on ST :nonod: I'd hope Tomlin can get something out of him too considering how high was drafted. Hopefully he'll get some confidence back with Tomlin here,like Ike is doing now, and he'll be able to contribute for us...but I agree this is his last chance with us.

DIESELMAN
07-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Maybe the threat of bein taken round back might motivate Coc. :banana:
I see Gay contributing on ST's like BGF32 said, he did real good at Louisville.

Prosdo
07-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I hope this guy can knock Coc off the roster.

SteelerSal
07-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe the threat of bein taken round back might motivate Coc. :banana:
I see Gay contributing on ST's like BGF32 said, he did real good at Louisville.

He had a major impact on Louisvilles defense but Omobe Okoye got most of the publicity on the defense. I think he will be a surprise and as for Coc, his special teams play took away from from the good he did on defense and you can never have enough depth at the DB position.
We need to find a starter opposite Ike. I don't think Townsend is the answer (he plays better in the nickel and dime packages) so I'm hopeing McFadden steps it up to the next level.

TEEMONT
07-21-2007, 11:20 PM
lol...i dont have much to add to this..other than to say ....haha his name is Gay.

Iron City South
07-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't care how good this kid plays, I won't be wearing his game jersey with his name on my back. !