PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr. Milestones.....

DIESELMAN
07-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Ken Griffey Jr singled in the first inning against the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday for his 2,500th career hit.

Griffey became the 84th player to reach that mark.

The Cincinnati outfielder also moved into sixth place on Monday with his 587th homer. Griffey trails Texas' Sammy Sosa by 15 homers for the No. 5 spot.

AZ_Steeler
07-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Last night on ESPN I saw a comparison of Jr and Bonds at 37 years whatever months and days at this point in their career and Jr has 20 more HR's over 100 more RBI's and more hits... to bad Jr is one of the better guys and hasn't resorted to enhancements to prolong his career... the good guys always finish last :smh: It's kind of sad when you think about it, Jr is a very classy guy and has had some tough breaks in his career and others have cheated :dunno:

Congrats though to JR!! :clap:

PsychoWard
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Last night on ESPN I saw a comparison of Jr and Bonds at 37 years whatever months and days at this point in their career and Jr has 20 more HR's over 100 more RBI's and more hits... to bad Jr is one of the better guys and hasn't resorted to enhancements to prolong his career... the good guys always finish last :smh: It's kind of sad when you think about it, Jr is a very classy guy and has had some tough breaks in his career and others have cheated :dunno:

Congrats though to JR!! :clap:

very true i have always like JR he has one of the prettiest swings i have ever seen! and is a class act!:bigthumb: