PDA

View Full Version : Timmons' agent, Steelers exchange proposals

SteelersWoman
07-18-2007, 12:15 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/rss/s_517570.html

By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com)
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Steelers have exchanged contract proposals with first-round draft pick Lawrence Timmons, and a deal could be completed before the opening of training camp, agent Drew Rosenhaus said.
"We've both exchanged proposals, and I hope to meet with the team at some point in the near future," Rosenhaus said Monday. "Things are progressing at a good rate, and I'm still hopeful of getting a deal done before camp starts."
The Steelers open training camp Monday at St. Vincent College -- the earliest start for any NFL team. The Steelers face the New Orleans Saints on Aug. 5 in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio. Rosenhaus is negotiating with Steelers business operations coordinator Omar Khan and director of football operations Kevin Colbert.

"We have had a very productive negotiation process up to this point," Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus represents two first-rounders in the 2007 draft.
Timmons, the No. 15 overall selection from Florida State, was the second linebacker taken. Rosenhaus' other first-rounder, tight end Greg Olsen, signed with the Chicago Bears on July 3 and was the first first-rounder to sign. The Steelers haven't signed any of their top three picks, including second-rounder LaMarr Woodley, a linebacker, and third-rounder Matt Spaeth, a tight end.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Im glad to see Drew is actively working on this to get it done in a timely manner. Timmons needs all the camp he can get so he's ready for the start of the season.

introyitrust
07-18-2007, 02:59 PM
So far I've been pleasantly surprised by how Rosenhaus has handled the Timmons situation.
Hopefully they can sign a deal before the start of training camp.

DIESELMAN
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Theres not really a big hurry to get him signed before camp, as far as we know he's still "tender" :lol: and he won't be starting anyways. This is a good sign though especially with Drew in there as his agent. Gotta give it to Drew, he does get the job done for his clients.