PDA

View Full Version : FWP Rushing Title?

BlackGold4vr
07-17-2007, 11:44 PM
What does Pittsburgh Nation feel about Fast Willie Parkers chances of ever bringing a rushing title to the Burgh?

I grew up watching the 70's dynasty teams. The running back that Fast Willie most reminds me of is another native Pittsburgher who played out his career with the Cowboys.......Tony Dorsett! Both possess lightening quickness and another gear others can only dream of. If you google Tony you will also see the similarities are striking. Physical stature and the slashing running style. I believe if the Steelers O-line can gel into a cohesive unit and execute this spread offense Willie will have even more 40+ yard runs this year than he had last year. With the opposing defenses spread out, Willie only needs a slight hole and to make 1 man miss and he's gone. When you realize how poorly our offense played on the road last year and the O-line in particular, it is amazing that Willie still managed to finish near the top of the league in rushing. Imagine a year where the O-line blocks on the road too! I believe Willie can contend for a rushing title. Another question would be if he was within reach would the Steelers try to help him get it?

Just made my first NFL season ticket payment to Direct TV so the season is getting close!

:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-18-2007, 12:04 AM
I know some people might think I'm nuts but with the Steelers going to a spread I really think this will help Willie Parker even more and I think Willie has a shot for 2000 yards one day....I know that might sound crazy.....

TEEMONT
07-18-2007, 12:54 AM
no...you aint crazy, ur genius. FWP has all the talent in the world...I wouldnt be surprised to see him top last year.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-18-2007, 01:05 AM
FWP is only gonna be as good as the O-line... if it plays well he has a very good shot at topping last years numbers...2000 yds total yes just rushing :dunno:

SteelerSteve
07-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Willie hasn't even maxed out yet and like mentioned before, if we can block on the road as well as at home, then we could undoubtedly see more 200 yard rushing games and possibly a 2,000 plus yard season:2cents:

ARKIESTEEL
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
FWP is only gonna be as good as the O-line... if it plays well he has a very good shot at topping last years numbers...2000 yds total yes just rushing :dunno:

He will also only be as good as we have threat of a pass. If they throw 8 to 10 men in the box cause they know we cant hit a 15 yard out pass then FWP will be on his own to make yards

strong D
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I know some people might think I'm nuts but with the Steelers going to a spread I really think this will help Willie Parker even more and I think Willie has a shot for 2000 yards one day....I know that might sound crazy.....

i agree i think the spread will help him less defenders crowding the line of scrimmage more open space for him to use his speed

DIESELMAN
07-18-2007, 06:07 PM
This will be Willie's 4th year in the league, 3rd as a starter, 2nd with no "real" backup. The more he plays, the more he learns. He is coming into his own as a back, his speed is phenomenal and once he gets his vision better to see where the holes are and aren't, he'll be an elite back in the NFL. Getting more receptions wouldn't hurt either...:lol: 2000+ is definitely not unattainable for FWP!!! :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

manofsteel
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I think its possible but who knows

BlitzburghNation
07-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Without a doubt he's got a good shot at topping what he done last year !

Far as bringing a rushing title to the burgh,,,,,,,:scratch:

Like everyone's already mentioned,,,,,It all depends on our o-line :popcorn:

I do think he'll get around 1,600 or maybe a little more this year,,,,:tt02:
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfi ngers::crossfingers: