PDA

View Full Version : Vick indicted...

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
RICHMOND, Va. - Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting. Vick and three others were charged with violating federal laws against competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfighting in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

It accuses Vick, Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor of "knowingly sponsoring and exhibiting an animal fighting venture," of conducting a business enterprise involving gambling, as well as buying, transporting and receiving dogs for the purposes of an animal fighting venture.

Telephone messages left at the offices and home of Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, were not immediately returned.

A woman who answered the phone at the home of Vick's mother said the family knew nothing about the charges.

On July 7, federal authorities conducted a second search of the Surry, Va., property owned by Vick that is the center of the dogfighting investigation.

According to court documents filed by federal authorities earlier this month, dogfights have been sponsored by "Bad Newz Kennels" at the property since at least 2002. For the events, participants and dogs traveled from South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, New York, Texas and other states.

Fifty-four pit bulls were recovered from the property during searches in April, along with a "rape stand," used to hold dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified for dogs; and a bloodied piece of carpeting, the documents said.

During a June search of the property, investigators uncovered the graves of seven pit bulls that were killed by members of "Bad Newz Kennels" following sessions to test whether the dogs would be good fighters, the documents alleged.

Members of "Bad Newz Kennels" also sponsored and exhibited fights in other parts of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey and other states, according to the filings.

On Vick's Web site, he lists his birthplace as Newport News, "a.k.a. BadNews."

The documents said the fights usually occurred late at night or in the early morning and would last several hours.

Before fights, participating dogs of the same sex would be weighed and bathed, according to the filings. Opposing dogs would be washed to remove any poison or narcotic placed on the dog's coat that could affect the other dog's performance.

Sometimes, dogs weren't fed to "make it more hungry for the other dog."

Fights would end when one dog died or with the surrender of the losing dog, which was sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method, according to the documents.

Vick initially said he had no idea the property might have been used in a criminal enterprise and blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity.

Vick has since declined to talk about the investigation.

AZ_Steeler
07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Bye Bye Vick!! Maybe he and Pack Man can put together a team while in prison :D

DIESELMAN
07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Beat the Bum then throw his *** in the joint!

BlitzburghNation
07-17-2007, 10:42 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Good for him,,,,,,,,,,,:bigfinger: ~~~~Vick the Dick !!!!!
Hope he's thrown in prison and banned from N.F.L. :popcorn:

SteelerSteve
07-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Joey, you better get ready for the season!

TINO
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Something I find funny is looking at some fantasy rankings at a site they have Harrnington ranked two above Vick and Cumpler falling.

The funny part is they rapidly have Joe Horn, Michael Jenkins, and Roddy White stock rising...even with Joey Harrington!

If you have not read the Indictment (alt.cimedia.com/ajc/pdf/vick0717.pdf), I would recommend it to all.

strong D
07-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I bet you they regret trading Schaub now

Harrington sucks

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Hopefully Vick gets what he deserves.

PsychoWard
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
looks like the both the vick brothers are just thugs after all

SteelerBee43
07-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Hopefully his *** will be a cage when all is said and done,and then he'll know what it's like to be in a rape stand,if that sounds to cruel for him,,"GOOD".

Deb
07-18-2007, 10:16 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/bewareofvick.jpg

BlitzburghNation
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Been hearing this Vick crap on sirius all day,,,,,,,,,,,,:cursin::cursin::cursin:
The indictment is 18 pages long,,,,,,seems to me like the fed's have got him really involved with alot & I hope he gets all that he deserves !!!!!!!

On sirius,there were two different lawyers talking about this & they said when it becomes a federal case,,,,,,:scratch: Prosecuters have a 95% conviction ratio,,,,,,,,,,,That just proves that they have plenty of evidence against this "PRICK" :clap:

I really feel for Falcon Fan's & the owner Arthur Blank,,,,,,,IMO the owner needs to give Mr. "PRICK" a leave of abscense until this trial is over,just to keep the circus outta town & give the falcon fan's something to cheer about!

Then when the "PRICK" is prosecuted and found guilty,he will be banned from the league~~~~:clap:

For all you "PRICK" backers go & read that 18 page indictment & you'll see what a cruel & inhuman act this "PRICK" & his ******* pals have been doing the last 6 or 7 years :popcorn:

This whole thing has just made me sick to my stomach and I just can't believe
anyone with a concience could do this sorta thing to gods creatures!!!!!!!!

Personally I hope the "PRICK" gets the maximum penalties on all accounts
and never plays another down in the N.F.L.
:bigfinger: ~~~"HIM" What an :moon: ~~~"HOLE"

DIESELMAN
07-18-2007, 10:51 PM
I hope when he gets convickted, theres some inmates that will treat him like a child molester.....:banana:

BlitzburghNation
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I hope when he gets convickted, theres some inmates that will treat him like a child molester.....:banana:

Love how you put the VICK in conVICKted~~~~~ :clap:
I'm sure he'll be doing alot of~~~~~:moon: in prison !

steelersgal86
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM

:clap::clap: that is what he deserves!!!

Ambridge
07-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I heard that Vick will more than likely try and plea his way out of this mess which at the minimum sentence would result in him getting a suspended 1yr sentence and maybe a $10,000 fine.

I'm not sure how the legal process works in this case but I hope the federal prosecutor and judge accepts no plea bargain that doesn't require at least some jail time to be served.

Roger Goodell will be a total hypocrit if he allows Vick to participate in the pre-season and regular season if this case somehow drags out over the next several months.
Arthur Blank needs to bite the bullet and do the right thing and just suspend Vick himself from the Falcons team.........cutting his *** outright would be more appropriate!!!!!!

Mike Vick is first class POS and deserves what he gets.

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-20-2007, 07:54 PM
soak vick in water and electrocute him.

DIESELMAN
07-20-2007, 10:05 PM
1. The Gov't has a 99% conviction rate once they indict someone. 2. I don't see how Goodell can suspend Pacman and Henry who are waiting their outcome themselves but not Vick, and Vick has been indicted by the Federal Gov't!! Hello NFL!! If Vick was a real man he would realize what he did was wrong and also what he's putting the organization through that has always backed his RB career. He would voluntarily suspend himself, what a selfish prick!!

Ambridge
07-21-2007, 06:04 PM
1. The Gov't has a 99% conviction rate once they indict someone.

The thing about that DIESELMAN is that Vick's lawyers will inform him(because he's too much of a dumb-*** to find out on his own)not to go to trial seeing the success rate of government convictions once and indictment is made........and council him to take a plea bargain instead of rolling the dice with a trial.

I would hope the government wouldn't waste the time and resources bringing an indictment against Vick if they would let the case go to plea bargain and "Scumbag/Dirtbag" Vick walks away with only probation and a fine.

DIESELMAN
07-21-2007, 07:17 PM
The thing about that DIESELMAN is that Vick's lawyers will inform him(because he's too much of a dumb-*** to find out on his own)not to go to trial seeing the success rate of government convictions once and indictment is made........and council him to take a plea bargain instead of rolling the dice with a trial.

I would hope the government wouldn't waste the time and resources bringing an indictment against Vick if they would let the case go to plea bargain and "Scumbag/Dirtbag" Vick walks away with only probation and a fine.

Thats very true for both sides. I just hope that he gets what he deserves....real justice. If he gets that then we won't be hearing the name "Prick", I mean "Dick", well you get my meaning, we won't be hearing about him anytime soon. :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Take his *** to the cleaners and hang him out to dry ! The NFL better lower the boom on Vick the same as they have done with the others because you know the Government will bring it !

TEEMONT
07-21-2007, 11:14 PM
All I'm gonna say is this, as heinous as this is, at least it was only dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs to death, but in the end they are only animals. Lets just be glad Vick wasn't some kind of serial killer.

I was totally against Vick until PETA opened their mouths, I hate those people so much I can't completely hate something or someone they hate.

Bucsfan4ever
07-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Agree on PETA...the dogs I've owned have always been my babies and I cry my eyes out when they leave me but PETA goes waaaayy overboard and I don't agree with their tactics.

With Vick, the National Humane Society is the one that will carry more influence with Gov.

TEEMONT
07-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Agree on PETA...the dogs I've owned have always been my babies and I cry my eyes out when they leave me but PETA goes waaaayy overboard and I don't agree with their tactics.

With Vick, the National Humane Society is the one that will carry more influence with Gov.

Neither of them should carry any influence on the case. There have been precedents set already. This is my problem with these protesters, these people could be contributing to society in a positive way, but no, they are more concerned with animals then their fellow man.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 01:10 PM
They have every right to protest....This is America........I have no problem with them protesting to put heat on Goodell to suspend Vick.......Its a joke why Vick isn't suspended already.....

Yea torturing and abusing animals is a good thing....lol

TEEMONT
07-22-2007, 01:53 PM
They have every right to protest....This is America........I have no problem with them protesting to put heat on Goodell to suspend Vick.......Its a joke why Vick isn't suspended already.....

Yea torturing and abusing animals is a good thing....lol

I dont think I said they didn't have a right to protest, I just think time coudl be better spent. Goodell could give a **** what these people think. I mean come on, PETA has zero credibility. These are the same people who painted seals green so people wouldn't kill them for their fur, but when you're green instead of brown, its a lot easier for predators to see you. I just think PETA is whacked out.

I also never said tortuting animals was a good thing. Like I stated before, this is totally ****ed up and he deserves whatever he gets. But when Pacman was in his ****, a person got paralyzed, a person. We place the lives of animals over those of people in this country. There was no public outcry like this when that guy/girl lost his/her ability to walk, but a few dogs die and OMG this is a terrible person.

People are trying to equate Vick with people like Bundy and Dahmer. Once again, I think he is a douche, a complete douche, and he deserves jail time, and he probably should be suspended already, but in the end it was just animals.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I dont think I said they didn't have a right to protest, I just think time coudl be better spent. Goodell could give a **** what these people think. I mean come on, PETA has zero credibility. These are the same people who painted seals green so people wouldn't kill them for their fur, but when you're green instead of brown, its a lot easier for predators to see you. I just think PETA is whacked out.

I also never said tortuting animals was a good thing. Like I stated before, this is totally ****ed up and he deserves whatever he gets. But when Pacman was in his shiat, a person got paralyzed, a person. We place the lives of animals over those of people in this country. There was no public outcry like this when that guy/girl lost his/her ability to walk, but a few dogs die and OMG this is a terrible person.

People are trying to equate Vick with people like Bundy and Dahmer. Once again, I think he is a douche, a complete douche, and he deserves jail time, and he probably should be suspended already, but in the end it was just animals.

Alot of times serial killers like Bundy/Dahmer start out abusing/tortuting animals........Thats why I think some equate Vick to people like Bundy/Dahmer.......Do I think Vick should be placed among them...No I personally don't.......But there is something not right with the Vick family period .......:lol: We all know that Marcus isn't the most classy guy out there and now its looks like Mike is as big of douche if not bigger then Marcus.....:lol: Vick's parents must be proud....:lol:

I also don't think animals are as important as people but they are still living things....Its cruel period and fighting animals for sport is just sick....I personally wouldn't want to see two dogs rip each other apart....

As for Pac Man, Chris Henry and Mike Vick....I wish Goodell would ban all three of these tools for life.....

stillers4me
07-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Personally, I think knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and then paying her off is worse than the animal abuse. ( don't get me wrong......the dog fighting and the killing of the dogs turns my stomach).

Oh wait.......that wasn't Mike Vick.....that was Ron Mexico.

Between the herpes thing, flipping off the fans, and now this.......I hope he enjoys a very long stay with Bubba.

TEEMONT
07-22-2007, 02:38 PM
He'll pay a fine, and the NFL won't suspend him...watch.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Personally, I think knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and then paying her off is worse than the animal abuse. ( don't get me wrong......the dog fighting and the killing of the dogs turns my stomach).

Oh wait.......that wasn't Mike Vick.....that was Ron Mexico.

Between the herpes thing, flipping off the fans, and now this.......I hope he enjoys a very long stay with Bubba.

I agree knowingly infecting someone with a sexually transmitted disease is worse.....Don't get me wrong.....With that and the dog fighting it just proves that Mike Vick doesn't value any living thing...

Only difference in these two cases is people can choose who they want to have sex with...Were the dogs were forced and didn't have a choice.....Now don't think I'm faulting the woman at all...I'm not just saying she wasn't forced to have sex with Mike Vick like the dogs were forced to fight.....Mike Vick is a sick person and needs to be locked up....

Dan
07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Alot of times serial killers like Bundy/Dahmer start out abusing/tortuting animals........Thats why I think some equate Vick to people like Bundy/Dahmer.......Do I think Vick should be placed among them...No I personally don't.......But there is something not right with the Vick family period .......:lol: We all know that Marcus isn't the most classy guy out there and now its looks like Mike is as big of douche if not bigger then Marcus.....:lol: Vick's parents must be proud....:lol:

I also don't think animals are as important as people but they are still living things....Its cruel period and fighting animals for sport is just sick....I personally wouldn't want to see two dogs rip each other apart....

As for Pac Man, Chris Henry and Mike Vick....I wish Goodell would ban all three of these tools for life.....

I think the point is that it shows what type of individual Vick is that he just kills dogs like it's nothing