PDA

View Full Version : Two Steelers create funds at The Pittsburgh Foundation

SteelersWoman
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07197/802090-100.stm

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu have become the newest Pittsburgh Steelers to create charitable funds through The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Mr. Polamalu and his wife, Theodora, created the Harry Panos Fund in honor of her grandfather, a World War II veteran. One of their interests is helping younger veterans who have returned from service in Iraq, often with terrible injuries.
Mr. Ward, whose charitable work involves children, decided to work with an established foundation rather than create his own and "reinvent the wheel."
Mrs. Polamalu and former Steeler Dwight White are members of The Pittsburgh Foundation's Sports Outreach Advisory Committee, which spearheads the Foundation's initiative among professional athletes. Steelers offensive tackle Max Starks was one of Pittsburgh's first professional athletes to establish a fund at the Foundation.

AZ_Steeler
07-17-2007, 04:04 PM
That's awesome to hear these stories and the players giving back to the community. I wish someone would setup a charitable fund for me to help me pay off some bills :D

Captcoolhand
07-17-2007, 04:36 PM
That's awesome to hear these stories and the players giving back to the community. I wish someone would setup a charitable fund for me to help me pay off some bills :DYou and I both.
We can call it the Capt AZ foundation. For those who suffer from Finanial Disorder. :yesnod:

Note: we will take donations from all who wish to Donate.

Thanks for the read SW :bigthumb:

PsychoWard
07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
nice i always love to hear about players giving back good for them!:bigthumb::clap:

DIESELMAN
07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Props to them for thinking of others especially the troops!! :bigthumb:

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Great job! They are doing more for them, than our Gov't is doing for them.

introyitrust
07-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Great to see the fortunate give back to those that are less fortunate.
Nice job guys!

SteelersWoman
07-18-2007, 07:29 PM
What I found interesting is the implication that Troy has every intention of staying. In another article (written by another author) on this subject, Theodora said that "Pittsburgh is our home", so that doesn't sound like he plans on goin anywhere...