PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports rates Ben as............

Stairwayto7
07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
........top Comeback player of the year. At least thats what they are predicting!

Top comeback: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh's new spread offense utilizing 3-and-4 receiver sets will allow Roethlisberger to quickly find open targets. He'll have an excellent chance to surpass last year's career passing highs of 3,513 yards and 18 touchdowns. Hines Ward is a reliable top possession target, while Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington add speed downfield. Running back Willie Parker is a dangerous receiver and Heath Miller rates as one of the league's better receiving tight ends. After being beset by a motorcycle accident and emergency appendectomy last year, Roethlisberger's health may be the biggest reason why he will rebound.

I like it!:tt02:

AZ_Steeler
07-16-2007, 01:30 PM
:cope: Camp starts next week and 3 weeks until the HOF game. I can't wait because then we will finally get to see how Ben looks with the new offense, I know I'm excited!!! :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
........top Comeback player of the year. At least thats what they are predicting!

Top comeback: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh's new spread offense utilizing 3-and-4 receiver sets will allow Roethlisberger to quickly find open targets. He'll have an excellent chance to surpass last year's career passing highs of 3,513 yards and 18 touchdowns. Hines Ward is a reliable top possession target, while Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington add speed downfield. Running back Willie Parker is a dangerous receiver and Heath Miller rates as one of the league's better receiving tight ends. After being beset by a motorcycle accident and emergency appendectomy last year, Roethlisberger's health may be the biggest reason why he will rebound.

I like it!:tt02:

I think this new offense is going to do wonders for Ben and we will see Ben's full potential......If Cowher would have remained HC then Ben would have never fully developed in Cowher's very predictable offense.....I love the power running game to but anymore in todays NFL you need a balanced offense......Plus with Willie Parker starting at RB the offense needs to get away from a traditional power running offense......With Bruce Ariens and the talent we have on offense....I think the Steelers could have a top five NFL offense...The key will be the Oline and if they can adjust to the new blocking schemes....Plus Big Ben needs to bounce back and take his game to the next level....Which I think he will.....:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Stairwayto7
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
...If Cowher would have remained HC then Ben would have never fully developed in Cowher's very predictable offense.....

Awesome take! I agree!

introyitrust
07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
No doubt that Ben is a preseason candidate for comeback player of the year.

Here's hoping he bounces back and gets good protection from his o-line this season.

Bring on training camp!!!

PsychoWard
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
nice!!! i love it!!!:cope::cope::cope::cope:

manofsteel
07-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Ive been saying it all along Can We Say Comeback?

Captcoolhand
07-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Our O-line is going to play a big part on how well Big Ben does this year.:2cents:

SteelerSal
07-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Our O-line is going to play a big part on how well Big Ben does this year.:2cents:

:plus1: And the run game.

BlackGold4vr
07-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't believe that any of us Steeler fans are expecting Ben to break any completion percentage records held by sharpshooting dink & dunk QB's like Joe Montana or Steve Young out of the west coast offense. Bradshaw's career numbers aren't that great either, it's his clutch play in superbowls that has gotten Terry the notoriety. If Ben can play big in the big games when the pressure is really on like he did in that playoff run to reach the superbowl, thats good enough for me. I will excuse an occasional lemon in the regular season as long as he shows up with the A-game come playoff time. :tt02:

floodcitygirl
07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
From Fox Sports' mouth to God's ear....... :pray:

steelersgal86
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
:tt02::tt02:that's what I like to hear!!!!:tt02::tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
07-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I agree 100%! Ben just couldnt get it together after all that, but seriously who could. I cant believe they let him play so soon, charlie batch would have done fine till ben was really ready. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
07-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Loved Fox's take--and everyone else's here too :D

Prosdo
07-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree completely with this predicition. Ben will be coming back huge!

Stairwayto7
07-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Ben was held back with Cowher a little. Get some play action to Heath, some screens to Willie, short mid range to Hines , then deep to Holmes

DIESELMAN
07-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't believe that any of us Steeler fans are expecting Ben to break any completion percentage records held by sharpshooting dink & dunk QB's like Joe Montana or Steve Young out of the west coast offense. Bradshaw's career numbers aren't that great either, it's his clutch play in superbowls that has gotten Terry the notoriety. If Ben can play big in the big games when the pressure is really on like he did in that playoff run to reach the superbowl, thats good enough for me. I will excuse an occasional lemon in the regular season as long as he shows up with the A-game come playoff time. :tt02:

:plus1: As long as Ben does not just what it takes to win but also to keep learning and growing as a QB. In time I would love to see Ben surpass any and all numbers by Bradshaw, including SB rings. :cope::cope::cope:

I agree 100%! Ben just couldnt get it together after all that, but seriously who could. I cant believe they let him play so soon, charlie batch would have done fine till ben was really ready.

I believe Batch could've filled in also, but would you trade the adversity that Ben went through for the maturity, experience and knowledge he gained last year?

SteelerSal
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
:

I believe Batch could've filled in also, but would you trade the adversity that Ben went through for the maturity, experience and knowledge he gained last year?

I would of. There was no reason Cowher should of sacrificed Ben's health by playing him to soon. All of Steeler Nation saw Ben was not 100% after his appendectomy and then after his concusion.
Now it was pure selfishness on either Cowher or Ben (even both) to have him play when it was clear he was not fully recovered.
We will see this season if Ben suffered any affects and loses any confidence from this.

DIESELMAN
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I would of. There was no reason Cowher should of sacrificed Ben's health by playing him to soon. All of Steeler Nation saw Ben was not 100% after his appendectomy and then after his concusion.
Now it was pure selfishness on either Cowher or Ben (even both) to have him play when it was clear he was not fully recovered.
We will see this season if Ben suffered any affects and loses any confidence from this.

With Ben in there playing he learned to play through pain, as well as realize that he is human and can make mistakes (boy did he). With going through all that I believe he gained a good 2-3 years of experience as well as matured faster compared to him sitting until he "felt better", where he would've gained nothing.

BlitzburghNation
07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
That's my prediction in an earlier thread,,,,,,,,,:tt02:

He's gonna surprise all the critics & were gonna take back the north :tt02:

SteelerSteve
07-17-2007, 02:59 AM
One thing I would like to mention is his passing yards last year compared to his first two seasons. The increase in yards and int's is probably because he threw way more last year. Some people will see this as him not being able to handle the full load and having to rely on the running game. I see it kind of like a rookie campaign in a way it was his first year giving more oppurtunity to spread the ball around. Next year his decision making and understanding of the offense will only improve and he will be ready to step up and prove once again that hes our franchise QB.:helmet: My prediction 3500 yards, 28 td's 12 int's:2cents:

Stairwayto7
07-17-2007, 07:27 AM
One thing I would like to mention is his passing yards last year compared to his first two seasons. The increase in yards and int's is probably because he threw way more last year. Some people will see this as him not being able to handle the full load and having to rely on the running game. I see it kind of like a rookie campaign in a way it was his first year giving more oppurtunity to spread the ball around. Next year his decision making and understanding of the offense will only improve and he will be ready to step up and prove once again that hes our franchise QB.:helmet: My prediction 3500 yards, 28 td's 12 int's:2cents:

I like your precitions! That equals 13 wins!:cope:

Ambridge
07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
If Ben wants to get a big contract and get locked-up by the Steelers this is the season to play huge.
I agree that he should have a bounce back year and be a much more polished QB with more offensive options/weapons to make his skills shine.