PDA

View Full Version : Memories

TEEMONT
07-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Well I made what I feel was a very emotional statement in the Lounge in BuFu's "We Fly High" thread, and I was wondering....what is your first Steeler memory?

It doesnt matter how vague and unclear, or how random it is. I know all of us almost always say we have been fans since birth, but when do you remember first having that feeling of "I am a Steelers fan"?

The thing I remember is guys like Bryan Hinkle, Thomas Everett, and those old school Giant Eagle trading cards....the playoff game Gary Anderson won in Houston with the lasst second field goal. We lost the next game in Dnver I think...but I just remember being so pumped up, even as a second grader.....

And thats why I love this team....

Prosdo
07-15-2007, 04:49 AM
I think my first Steelers memory that really stands out is the Super Bowl we lost to Dallas. I remember games before that but they are pretty unclear.

Blitzburghpete
07-15-2007, 05:48 AM
As a very young an impressionable 8 year old, they showed 5 mins highlights of the 1980 superbowl and i had never seen anything so spectacular in my life. My first memory of a Steeler game and the moment i knew was those 5 mins.
My only memeory of the highlights is for some reason if memeory serves me correct, Dwayne Woodruff, blocks or partly blocks an LA Ram extra point, and he's congratualted by his team mates going of the pitch!! Thats it folks!!

:tt02::tt02::cope::cope::tt02::tt02:

okiesteeler
07-15-2007, 10:20 AM
One of the earliest memories I have that is the clearest is of a denver bronco game back while i was in high school, it was against the broncos in the snow for the afc championship. We got beat and the Elway led broncos went on to the superbowl to be trounced by the 49er's i believe. I was a Steeler before that game, but that is the most clear memory that i have right now

K Train
07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
mine was seeing kordell break a 80 yard run when i was like 7....it was just amazing

AZ_Steeler
07-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm with Prosdo on this one... I remember a lot of the games from the 80's and early 90's but that game was the most where I became the most emotional ;) I cried like a baby after that game and my dad could do was laugh at me :dunno:

But I can remember the Malone and Brister days but most of those are days I don't mind forgetting :D

TEEMONT
07-15-2007, 02:07 PM
But I can remember the Malone and Brister days but most of those are days I don't mind forgetting :D

I got my Dad a t-shirt for fathers day back then, it had Bubby on it, and he was like, coming out of TRS, and on the bottom it said "Yes we can" (kinda remind me of the Bucco's today). ANyways, I wish I could find that shirt, I ould so pimp it out to a bar downtown or something when I come home.

SteelerSteve
07-17-2007, 03:51 AM
95' Superbowl. I wanted them to win so bad because rumor had it that the cowboys were cheaters:lol: besides the steelers had awesome uni's:tt02:

Stairwayto7
07-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Our first SuperBowl victory! I was around 9, and watching it with my dad. At halftime I went to the kitchen to get some lifesavers in the upper cupboards. Our house was really new. Well instead of asking for someone to get me them, since I couldn`t reach. I jumped up on the counter, got the candy, and jumped down! Well when I jumped down my Toughskins pant leg got caught on the lower cabinet handle, and ripped the hinges right off the door. I got my *** beat, got sent to my room. My dad did let me come out to watch the rest of the game though. So the Steelers won, everyone was excited, I thought all would be forgotten. Then dad said " get back to your room" !

Who ever called those damn things "Lifesavers" anyway?

That is my first Steelers memory! Bitter Sweet, but we won. I couldn`t sit down for a week, but we won!

PsychoWard
07-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Our first SuperBowl victory! I was around 9, and watching it with my dad. At halftime I went to the kitchen to get some lifesavers in the upper cupboards. Our house was really new. Well instead of asking for someone to get me them, since I couldn`t reach. I jumped up on the counter, got the candy, and jumped down! Well when I jumped down my Toughskins pant leg got caught on the lower cabinet handle, and ripped the hinges right off the door. I got my *** beat, got sent to my room. My dad did let me come out to watch the rest of the game though. So the Steelers won, everyone was excited, I thought all would be forgotten. Then dad said " get back to your room" !

That is my first Steelers memory! Bitter Sweet, but we won. I couldn`t sit down for a week, but we won!

wow i have known you for 26 years and i have never heard that story!

SteelerSal
07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Well when I jumped down my Toughskins pant leg got caught on the lower cabinet handle, and ripped the hinges right off the door. I got my *** beat, got sent to my room. My dad did let me come out to watch the rest of the game though. So the Steelers won, everyone was excited, I thought all would be forgotten. Then dad said " get back to your room" !

:lol: Great story.

My first Steeler Game was Superbowl IX against the Vikings. My dad had a Superbowl party and that was my first exposure to the Steelers.After we won that game I wanted to eat sleep and drink Steeler football. I used to tell kids in school that Franco was my uncle since he was half italian.:greengrin: Been a diehard fan since I was 9 years old.

Stairwayto7
07-17-2007, 01:06 PM
:lol: Great story.

My first Steeler Game was Superbowl IX against the Vikings. My dad had a Superbowl party and that was my first exposure to the Steelers.After we won that game I wanted to eat sleep and drink Steeler football. I used to tell kids in school that Franco was my uncle since he was half italian.:greengrin: Been a diehard fan since I was 9 years old.

I got my *** beat, and its a great story?

SteelerSal
07-17-2007, 01:17 PM
I got my *** beat, and its a great story?

Not the *** beating, just the story in general.:scratch::lol:

I bet you make sure your Lifesavers can be reached easily without climbing on the kitchen counter.:lol:

I got a bad *** beating when my dad installed a ceiling fan and I could'nt reach the chain to turn it on and after he told me to leave it alone, when he left the room, I jumped and pulled the chain, let go of it and it shot up and wrapped around the blade and tore the fan up.:greengrin:

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
early 70's teams became passionate then , it was easy they were the BEST in the league !! :tt02::tt02:

OneSteelSoldier
07-17-2007, 02:12 PM
My first Steelers moment was in 1977, when the Steelers beat Dallas 28-13 and Franco ran for 179 yards. This is the game that sealed my passion for the Steelers. I feel bad for all of you who never got to see the 70's steelers play. I have all 6 of their Super Bowls on tape or DVD and I love watching our first 4 win's the most.:tt02:

SteelerSal
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
From
OneSteelSoldier;

I feel bad for all of you who never got to see the 70's steelers play.

I do also. The ones who where either too young or not born during this era of our dynasty really missed something special.

TEEMONT
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Dont feel bad for us, we grew up watching far better atheletes play the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
My earliest memory in which I can say I was a Steelers fan and an NFL fan for that matter was back in 1989......The Steelers beat the Oilers in the wild card game then lost to the Broncos at Denver in the divisional round......I was so upset and even had tears in my eyes after that loss....Thats when I can say that Steelers football really started to effect my emotions and the Steelers still do to this day.....I'm a mad man on game days....lol

Funny thing about that Broncos loss as well I was a big Bubby Brister fan at the time and held his starting lineup figure in my hand during the game....Still have that starting lineup of Brister....lol

OneSteelSoldier
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Not the *** beating, just the story in general.:scratch::lol:

I bet you make sure your Lifesavers can be reached easily without climbing on the kitchen counter.:lol:

I got a bad *** beating when my dad installed a ceiling fan and I could'nt reach the chain to turn it on and after he told me to leave it alone, when he left the room, I jumped and pulled the chain, let go of it and it shot up and wrapped around the blade and tore the fan up.:greengrin:ROLF!! Sal, maybe we should start a thread about all the beatings we took as kids. Back in the day when a trip to the wood shed was legal and appropriate.:lol:

kgreen
07-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I have been watching the Steelers since I was born. For as long as I can remember, I have been a huge Steeler fan. I can remember the mid 90's when I idlized Yancey Thigpen and LB Kevin Greene. I remember going to a party for Super Bowl XXX (all steeler fans) and everyone being upset. I remember Kneel's second INT. I can remember at one point thinking: will I ever see my Steelers in the Super Bowl WINNING. I think all that lossing we did from 98-00 and losing those AFC championships made the 2005 run that more special. I always get crap about being a Steelers fan. Where I live, there are too many Skins fans and too many Patriot front runners. I laugh everytime someone calls me a Fair-weather fan.

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Going to my first Steeler game when I was young, and OJ ran all over us, but still enjoyed the game. The '70's also made it easy.

BlitzburghNation
07-17-2007, 10:53 PM
My first memory that I can recall is bradshaw throwing a TD pass & getting knocked the hell out & ended up on the sidelines with a concussion !!!!