PDA

View Full Version : Most Nerve-Racking game ever?

kgreen
07-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I remember watching the Colts-Steelers playoff game vividly. I was so nervous, I nearly bit off all of my finger nails. That game almost gave me a heart attack. The only other game that came close was either 2004 playoffs vs. the Jets or The Bengals-Steelers game this year.

What do you guys think was the most nerve-racking?

BlitzburghNation
07-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Final few minutes of te COLTS game,,,,,,,After Jerome got the ball knocked out & then Big Ben made the tackle then Manning driving them too field goal range then Vander choke it "Missing"
"Wow" talk about a roller coaster of emotion's & my heart was pounding outta my chest~~~:haha:
Then we won & I wore a smile all week~~~:haha:

I could name many more but that one is the freshest in my memory :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
The 95 AFCCG on the Colts hailmary at the end... it was almost a repeat of the previous year!

Then of course the most recent AFCCG with the Colts, especially the 4th quarter!

kgreen
07-12-2007, 03:07 PM
The 95 AFCCG on the Colts hailmary at the end... it was almost a repeat of the previous year!

Then of course the most recent AFCCG with the Colts, especially the 4th quarter!

That is interesting because I don't remember that 95 AFCCG. I was so young that I only remember Kneel throwing Christmas presents to the Cryboys in Super Bowl XXX. I'll bet it was nerve-racking!:helmet:

ARKIESTEEL
07-12-2007, 03:39 PM

These 2 get my vote

BlitzburghRockCity
07-12-2007, 03:50 PM
The entire SB run from mid season on till we won SB XL ! It was literally do or die every week and we can through every time! :towelwave:

Also the 95 AFCCG, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time

SB XXX against the Cowboys was driving me crazy until Neil threw the pick in the 4th quarter and that was that.

The Jets playoff game in what was it, 2004 ? When it came to missing the FG for us to stay ahead !

Prosdo
07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Colts Playoff game and the Super Bowl

manofsteel
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Super Bowl XL I was going crazy. I was so nervouse

Blitzburghpete
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Yup those two for me too, more the 95 one though, i mean all quinten coriat han to do was catch the ball it was over, all Andre Hastings had to do was drop the 4th down conversion it was over and all the colt recevier had to do was close his arms on the hail mary it was over..................... oh boy i still shiver about that game!!

SteelerSal
07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
:

Those two and also a couple of years ago on Momday Night football against the Jaguars( we won) and it was a nail biter to the end.
Also the game against the Texans where our defense holds them to 40 total yards but Maddox turnovers led to them scoreing and beating us.:banging:

The whole 2002 season when it seemed like our defense could not stop anybody on 3rd down.:cursin:

K Train
07-12-2007, 08:15 PM
vs the jets.....afc divisional playoff game in 04, it would be remembered more if we beat the pats in the afcc game, but that OT game and Doug Brien missing like 4 FGs in the last few minutes of regulation and OT was incredibly exhausting lol

Black@Gold Forever32
07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
The 95 AFC title game vs the Colts ranks high on my list for most nerve racking games....I was 16 at the times....lol It was nerve racking all the way to the end with Jim Harbaugh's last second hailmary toss to the end zone....The Colts WR who couldn't hold to the ball was Aaron Bailey.....

The Jets play-off game is up there as well and along with the Colts divisional play-off game in 2005.......

BlitzburghRockCity
07-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Man just imagine if that official hadn't been Johnny on the Spot after that play to see the ball hit the ground :eek:

memphissteelergirl
07-13-2007, 09:45 AM
The two most recent ones for me:

The playoff game against the Jets (I remember collapsing on the floor after that one)

The playoff game against the Colts (when Bus fumbled on the goaline I found myself praying "please God...don't let him go out like this." And the outcome is more than proof for me that He does answer prayer! :tt02:

Steelerlyn
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
The entire SB run from mid season on till we won SB XL ! It was literally do or die every week and we can through every time! :towelwave:

Also the 95 AFCCG, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time

SB XXX against the Cowboys was driving me crazy until Neil threw the pick in the 4th quarter and that was that.

The Jets playoff game in what was it, 2004 ? When it came to missing the FG for us to stay ahead !

I would also add to this list the 2003 Wilcard game against Cleveland where we were so far behind that many, many "Steeler fans" left the game. Then in 7 minutes we scored 3 touchdowns. That game was something I will never forget. Also, all playoff games because I expected us to do something more than we did. The playoff run in 2005 was utterly awesome for all of us fans who have waited som many years to see a SB win, as well as those of us who have never seen a SB win.

kgreen
07-13-2007, 12:03 PM
I would also add to this list the 2003 Wilcard game against Cleveland where we were so far behind that many, many "Steeler fans" left the game. Then in 7 minutes we scored 3 touchdowns. That game was something I will never forget. Also, all playoff games because I expected us to do something more than we did. The playoff run in 2005 was utterly awesome for all of us fans who have waited som many years to see a SB win, as well as those of us who have never seen a SB win.

I forgot about that Cleveland game after the "Academy Award" Game the following week. After just seeing it again on NFL Classics on the NFLN, I remember how truly amazing that win was. I pretty much can remember that (for me) the 05 Playoffs were more exciting than nerve-racking. The Super Bowl was nerve-racking.

introyitrust
07-13-2007, 12:19 PM
The two most recent ones for me:

The playoff game against the Jets (I remember collapsing on the floor after that one)

The playoff game against the Colts (when Bus fumbled on the goaline I found myself praying "please God...don't let him go out like this." And the outcome is more than proof for me that He does answer prayer! :tt02:

I'm with ya on both. I was so psyched/nervous during the Jets game. I was standing for the entire 2nd halff, and once the Jets kicker missed the first FG I was like "we got this" and then Ben threw the INT and I was like "it's all over". Then he missed AGAIN and finally Reed finished 'em off. A game like that makes you think you are the team of destiny. But then the F'n Pats finished us.

strong D
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM

I dont believe the colts game was the AFCCG i think that was Denver I could be wrong though:dunno:

SteelerSteve
07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I dont believe the colts game was the AFCCG i think that was Denver I could be wrong though:dunno:You are correct. For me, one of the most nerve racking moments was after "the tackle" and Manning took a shot to the endzone, and I think it was Taylor that just barely managed to break it up. What a game!!!

introyitrust
07-14-2007, 11:58 AM
You are correct. For me, one of the most nerve racking moments was after "the tackle" and Manning took a shot to the endzone, and I think it was Taylor that just barely managed to break it up. What a game!!!

I think it wa McFadden.

Stairwayto7
07-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Living outside stain town, every brownies game

kgreen
07-14-2007, 02:09 PM
I think it wa McFadden.

It was and he nearly had an INT on the next play.

Stairwayto7
07-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Well there was the Bettis fumble!