PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait!!!

BB2W
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I have been reading, but I haven't been responding to many of the new Steelers threads because I have said nearly everthing I want to say until I hear some helmets cracking. I just can't wait!!!

I get 14 vacation days at work and I already put in for 10 days off. All of them are the day after their night games and some after some big games which I plan on drinking too much in celebration of a big win. I took the Monday and the Tuesday of the Ravens Monday Night game off... I plan on starting BBQing on Monday around noon.

My employer finds it funny all my days off are in relation to the Steelers schedule. Most use them for their family or for vacations, but my priorities have been set for well over a decade.

The offseason after the draft is so difficult for us diehard fans. :tt02:

BBG7
07-11-2007, 10:34 PM
It used to **** all my co workers off. I never worked Sundays and the second the schedule was out all of our Monday night games I was making sure I was off. Luckily I'm in a business now that I write my own schedule and work when I want.

AZ_Steeler
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Sounds like you both have your priorities in-line! :bigthumb:

:lol:

BBG7
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you both have your priorities in-line! :bigthumb:

:lol:

you know it!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2007, 11:35 PM
No doubt, you have to take off the day after a big night game, that's a given. You don't want to be thinking about having to get up for work the next day when the game is on.

More employers should realize this for their employees who are Steeler fans ! :tt02:

BB2W
07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
You don't want to be thinking about having to get up for work the next day when the game is on.

I wish you were my boss... :hail:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-11-2007, 11:49 PM
People I have to work the day after games....The only days off for me is the week of Fourth of July and the week of Christmas when my whole company shuts down....Plus I wake up at 3am to go to work and drive an hour....lol

Even after the Steelers won Super Bowl XL I was at work the next day...I didn't sleep much and drank way to much but still went to work...I'm a soldier....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Yes you are a soldier and a more brave man than I. :hail: :lol: I was a basket case of happiness after we won XL..usually Im in no shape to get up at 5am and go to work at 6 after a night game so I try to take a half day if I can :lol:

steelersgal86
07-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I am ready and excited also :tt02::tt02: I do usually work the day after the games also...but it is fun after we win because i do not work with one steeler fan...they hate football around here because they are all browns fans and have nothing to look forward too :lol:I have plenty of steeler stuff in my office also...:tt02:

floodcitygirl
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
The day after a Steeler win when you live in Cincy is always a good time....no matter where you go! :blah::blah::blah: :lol:

PsychoWard
07-12-2007, 11:21 AM
i actually enjoy going to work after the game because i work with mostly guys and all but one is a browns fan so i love to rub it in cause god for bid the browns do win a game there fans act like they won the super bowl! plus it gives me a chance to where my steelers tie!! :D