PDA

View Full Version : The Annual Pittsburgh Pirates Fire Sale

Dako
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, the All-Star Game is upon us and the trading deadline isn't too far away. Yes, Pirates fans, it's time for that time honored tradition. The annual fire sale. Any predictions on who will be gone this year, so that we can begin rebuilding for the future?

Torres for sure....

manofsteel
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Def Torres and he still is worth something and because the bellpen is strong with Chacon, Capps, Marte I wont be sorry to see him leave. Maybe McClouth but I like for him to stick around.

SteelerFan87
07-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I doubt we'll be selling much. Maybe Chacon or Torres, possibly Wilson, but that's it. We don't really have alot of guys making much money or who are going to be free agents soon. Next year I think is when we'll either have to make a run, or have a big fire sale.

Dako
07-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Anyone want to help Wilson pack his bags?.....

TEEMONT
07-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I doubt we'll be selling much. Maybe Chacon or Torres, possibly Wilson, but that's it. We don't really have alot of guys making much money or who are going to be free agents soon. Next year I think is when we'll either have to make a run, or have a big fire sale.

lol...make a run...you're funny.

SteelCityMan786
07-20-2007, 04:29 PM
No way I see Chacon going. The Bullpen minus Torres and Armas is pretty good.

strong D
07-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Anyone want to help Wilson pack his bags?.....

Wilson is as good as gone

TEEMONT
07-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Izturis? God the Pirates make me want to slit my wrists.......

BlackGold4vr
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, the All-Star Game is upon us and the trading deadline isn't too far away. Yes, Pirates fans, it's time for that time honored tradition. The annual fire sale. Any predictions on who will be gone this year, so that we can begin rebuilding for the future?

Torres for sure....

Sad but true! Every year the Pirates roster is gleened over by other teams like vultures looking over fresh roadkill for anything worth taking. That is why the Pirates and the Royals will continue to serve MLB as farm clubs for developing talent until we get some ownership committed to winning. Build a winning team and the fans will come.....it doesn't work the other way around. :bigthumb:

Dako
08-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Can anyone explain why we picked up Matt Morris and his huge contract for Rajai Davis? Still have wilson too? Hmmmm......

strong D
08-01-2007, 09:32 PM
makes no sense to me:lol::lol:

SteelerFan87
08-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Personally I like the Morris trade. He fills a need we weren't able to fill when the Brewers outbid us for Suppan, and we're getting him for less money than Suppan, and we didn't even have to give away much. Davis is a borderline major leaguer. A platoon player at best.

Yeah, Morris has been pretty bad in the 2nd half, but I think alot of that has to do with him being so sick of the Barry Bonds Circus the Giants have become. I think Morris will be a productive pitcher for us.

As for Wilson, he's been on fire. In the last 5 games he has 2 HR and 6 RBIs. He's raised his average from (I think) a low .250 something to a high .260 something.

manofsteel
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Yet again the Buccos never fail to jack shitat up again