PDA

View Full Version : I've waited 28 years for this......

Blitzburghpete
07-08-2007, 04:10 PM
WOOO HOOO.
Guys and girls. I've been a Steeler fan for 28 years here in the UK and my wife has just done a deal with me. If i loose a few more pounds ( and its only gonna be a few more ) so my belly is flat, she will pay for me to go on a trip........and before she finished i said PITTSBURGH for a STEELER game...!!
(I've been swimming like crazy recently so it's going well so far )

LLOL So stage 1 complete!! I'm gonna have a 500 budget ( approx $850 ) plus whatever i can throw in too!!
I need from you guys.....

Cheap places to stay i can check out that are near Heinz field,
BUT the main stumbling block is how to get tickets for a game next year. The first thing i need to book are the tickets, then everything else can fit around that..

GUYS HELP!!! How can i get tickets for one of next years games!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oh PS. need some beer money too to hope fully bump into some of your guys for a beer, and some good watering holes!! Places to eat etc!!! LOL

BlitzburghNation
07-08-2007, 04:28 PM
That's great :bigthumb:

Your'e gonna really enjoy the game,,,,,,,,,,only been to 1 at heinz and I loved it,except of course us losing :cursin:

Sorry i can't help 'ya on hotels and watering holes,but there's plenty on here that will ~~~~ :bigthumb:

K Train
07-08-2007, 05:52 PM
lol top banana :banana:

ARKIESTEEL
07-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Pete there are many online brokers that sell tickets to any game.....When you say next year are you talking about this season?? If you come to Pittsburgh you have to go to Doms tailgate........as far as a place to stay...just look on the net...

Good luck:bigthumb:

floodcitygirl
07-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Last season was my first game at Heinz. You'll have a great time! Hope it all works out.

Now get working on those crunches!!!!! :whip1: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah if you mean tickets for a 2007 season game your best bet is either ebay or an online ticket broker like www.stubhub.com

Blitzburghpete
07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey Guys,

No i'm talking about next year as in 2008. The deal is i keep loosing the weight the wife will cough up the dough!! So this is gonna be a next year thing. Only the top two abs are showing now and the wife wants all six, so still need to work for a while longer!! LOL
:imhere::imhere:
:danceshout::danceshout:
:boxing::boxing::boxing:
:ktrain::ktrain::ktrain:

I saw some tickets at ticketsolutions.com and they send them internationally. I cringe at getting anything on ebay. For somethig this big i'd want to get them from a reputable company.

So far it looks like plane tickets 300 ( $ 550 )
Steeler tickets $235 inc shipping, just need to find a place to stay near Downtown Pitt fairly cheap and the plan can work.

FCG - i went to rugby training tonight and we got beasted by our new fitness coach who is an ex UK professional soccer fitness coach. Cream crackered now.

SO thats the plan anyway and just need everyone to recomend places to get tickets and places to stay

Prosdo
07-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow, that awesome Blitz. I think you would love Pittsburgh and I know you will love the game.

floodcitygirl
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear about that trainer, Blitz. Sounds like you'll be on your way to that 6 pack in no time! If you have a whole year to work on it...no problem.

I got my tickets from EBay last year. Had no problems. You may want to check out stubhub too. Can't offer much help as far as places to stay as I stayed right next to the stadium and it wasn't what you'd call inexpensive.

You'll definately have to plan on joining Dom (Stlrs4life) for his tailgate which is right next to the stadium. They have food and drink and just ask you to either kick in some cash or bring stuff to share.

Hope it all works out well for you. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
07-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is much more expensive to fly into and out of than Cleveland or the other Ohio airports (at least for travel within USA).

But here's a link that lists several hotels and their rates:
http://pittsburgh-pa-hotels.albanywebsites.com/ (http://pittsburgh-pa-hotels.albanywebsites.com/)

Not sure if you've done much flying, but Soutwestern is generally the cheapest plane service (if available from the UK)...

That's a wonderful gift to be offered! You'll make that goal easily, I'm sure :)

Can't offer much advice on the watering holes or eateries, since the only place I've eaten there is McDonald's and hospital cafeterias lol

Blitzburghpete
07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Guys,
This trip better be worth it!!!

Today i cycled to work, ( 5 miles ) but then at 5 when i leave i realized i'd left my bike lock key at home, so i thought i'd turn this into a excersize routine. I route marched home, picked up the key, and route marched/jogged ( jogged on the downhills, yes there are hills here ) back to work to unlock my bike to cycle back home, in the rain, with my rucksack on all the time, in 2 hours 45 mins.... Thats 10 miles on foot and 5 on a bike, on an empty stomach......

I'm knackered!! I've done a mini biathalon for crying out loud....

Suffice to say i'm completely knackered now and off to bed!!!

Nite LOLOL

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Oh PS, it must be working though cos i'm the lightest i've ever been in over a year now!

floodcitygirl
07-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Ummmmm......"knackered"?????? :dunno: :lol:

BTW....great job! Keep it going!!!

Stlrs4Life
07-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is much more expensive to fly into and out of than Cleveland or the other Ohio airports (at least for travel within USA).

But here's a link that lists several hotels and their rates:
http://pittsburgh-pa-hotels.albanywebsites.com/ (http://pittsburgh-pa-hotels.albanywebsites.com/)

Not sure if you've done much flying, but Soutwestern is generally the cheapest plane service (if available from the UK)...

That's a wonderful gift to be offered! You'll make that goal easily, I'm sure :)

Can't offer much advice on the watering holes or eateries, since the only place I've eaten there is McDonald's and hospital cafeterias lol

Not anymore, they are comparable now with Cleveland, it was that way when US Air was the main hub in Pittsburgh.

Guys,
This trip better be worth it!!!

Today i cycled to work, ( 5 miles ) but then at 5 when i leave i realized i'd left my bike lock key at home, so i thought i'd turn this into a excersize routine. I route marched home, picked up the key, and route marched/jogged ( jogged on the downhills, yes there are hills here ) back to work to unlock my bike to cycle back home, in the rain, with my rucksack on all the time, in 2 hours 45 mins.... Thats 10 miles on foot and 5 on a bike, on an empty stomach......

I'm knackered!! I've done a mini biathalon for crying out loud....

Suffice to say i'm completely knackered now and off to bed!!!

Nite LOLOL

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Oh PS, it must be working though cos i'm the lightest i've ever been in over a year now!

You should try and get Spring Hill Suites, they are right out front of PNC Park, and a stones throw to my talgate, and Heinz Field. Als check out the Hilton. If you want really cheap, you are going to have to find a cheap hotel outside the City, and Bus or Taxi in. And if ya come to my tailgate, you will more than likely gain all the wieght back!

Blitzburghpete
07-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Ummmmm......"knackered"?????? :dunno: :lol:

BTW....great job! Keep it going!!!

Knackered - Worn out, although it's proper use is knackered - sexually exhausted!! LOL but everyone over here says "knackered" when they are worn out. And when a horse is dying, it's taken to the "knackers" yard.

Here endeth the english lesson for the day!!

ARKIESTEEL
07-17-2007, 07:46 AM
It wont do for you to have a stroke in all this

Stairwayto7
07-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Go Pete! Go!

Blitzburghpete
07-17-2007, 05:50 PM
You should try and get Spring Hill Suites, they are right out front of PNC Park, and a stones throw to my talgate, and Heinz Field. Als check out the Hilton. If you want really cheap, you are going to have to find a cheap hotel outside the City, and Bus or Taxi in. And if ya come to my tailgate, you will more than likely gain all the wieght back!

Cheers mate that's great advice and part of the expeirence WHEN i make it out there is to tailgate with some friends. And mate, if i'm there it means i lost weight and acheived my goal so can pig out!!! LOL

I've been doing some research on hotels, which like you say all seem out of town, and guessed i'd need a cab, so i'm weighing up the cost effectivness of cab/cheap out of town hotel, against more expensive in town one, so hotels recommended near Heinz field is good.

Is Heinz field near downtown Pitt, ie near the bars/shops or is it a little away from that stuff?

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM
It's not far from downtown, cab ride preferably, but if your at the Hilton, it is walking distance.

ARKIESTEEL
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
It's not far from downtown, cab ride preferably, but if your at the Hilton, it is walking distance.

The hilton works great you can make one big circle from there to Dom's tailgate then to the field then back to the hotel or back to the tailgate if you want

Steelerlyn
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Radisson-Greentree is cheaper and only a mile from stadium. Here is some information for you:

Stiller Ticket Availability for ALL games (COPY TO ALL FANS OF B&G)

Hi Stiller Fans,

Greetings from the 'BurgH. Within the last week, you should have
received from me an email regarding "Sports Vacations". While they
offer more than tickets, I know that getting them is usually the
biggest obstacle in making a road trip to wherever the Steelers
play. If you didn't get the email, the website is
http://sportsvacations.com. The link below goes right to their
large ticket availability for the whole season. Click on this link
and then contact them. Located here in the 'BurgH on top of "Mount
Warshington", their toll free phone is 1-877-381-5553 and their
email address is info@sportsvacations.com. If you see the tickets
you like, contact Anne Williams and please mention my name.

http://sportsvacations.com/ResultsGeneral.php?
kwds=Pittsburgh+Steelers&stype=2

Go STILLERS,

Nick in the 'BurgH
(aka Nick Nery)

ARKIESTEEL
09-14-2007, 10:37 AM
The real cool thing about the Hilton is the players stay there the night before and you get a chance to see one of them ever now and then