PDA

View Full Version : Japanese player signs with Falcons

SteelerSteve
07-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I heard that a Japanese born player signed as a wide reciever for the Falcons. Do you think he will just be practice squad meat, or do you think he will pan out. He did pretty good in NFL europe.:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-08-2007, 12:34 AM
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2007/07/Falcons_sign_Japanese-born_wideout_Kinoshita.aspx

The Atlanta Falcons today signed wide receiver Noriaki Kinoshita (pronounced Nor-ee-ah-ka Key-no-she-ta), a native of Osaka, Japan. Kinoshita graduated from Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, Japan and spent the last three years with the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europa.

Kinoshita, 5-10, 179 pounds, collected 909 combined net yards with the Admirals this past season, which ranked second in NFL Europa. He was the league’s fourth-leading kick returner after logging 532 yards on 23 returns for a 23.6 average. At the receiver position, Kinoshita finished the year with 21 receptions for 308 yards and two touchdowns, which was second-best on the Admirals. In 2006, Kinoshita earned All-NFLEL honors as he led the league with 19 kickoff returns for 530 yards (27.9).

"I'm excited to see Nori compete in training camp with us," Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino said in a statement. "We've already had stiff competition at the wide receiver position throughout our mini-camps and offseason workouts, and Nori's presence now adds more to that position. We are also interested in seeing his return skills."

Kinoshita is the second Japanese born football player to compete with the Atlanta Falcons. The first was TE Nachi Abe (Chiba, Japan) who signed a 10-day contract with the team in July of 2000. Abe accompanied the Falcons for their first trip to Tokyo, Japan for their Week 1 preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys.

The Falcons need WR's in a big way and if he can return kicks that'll improve his chances of making the team. Still though it will be tough for him and definitely an uphill climb the whole way.

Prosdo
07-08-2007, 12:36 AM
I saw this on Sports Center earlier. Looks like he can contribute.

DIESELMAN
07-08-2007, 12:06 PM
The Falcons need a QB, they can sign all the receivers they want but all they got is RB Vick, who I hope burns in hell for the crap he's pullin. As far as Kinoshita, I hope he makes the team.