PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins vs. Steelers (Wk. 1)

Pages : [1] 2

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/teams/mia.gif vs. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/teams/pit.gif
Thursday September 7, 2006
Heinz Field - 8:30 PM

With Ben's recent operation, Charlie Batch will take over under center boasting a 2-0 starting record as a Steelers QB; the Steelers are 4-2 without Big Ben as their starter. Look for Cowher to rally the team and have them come out of the locker room playing inspired Steeler football! :tt02:

All of our questions will be answered this game... Who's going to replace ARE? How will life be after the retirement of Jerome? How will Kiesel be with his new starting role? What will Jerome say about the Steelers this time?

Join us here during the game as the 2006 Regular Season kicks off from Heinz Field and the Steelers begin their quest to defend their title of the NFL World Champs!!!! :tt02:

:towelwave:

Blitzburgh55
09-05-2006, 04:01 PM
the steelers are 4-0 without ben the 2 losses is with tommy maddox

House of Steel
09-05-2006, 04:30 PM
We will win 21-17 over the Fins.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
We will not miss jerome at all.

Steelersfan
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I can see us getting 3 or 4 Int's against the fins. We jump on them early and they panic and try to throw the ball.

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Rod Woodson has picked Ike Taylor to be the breakout player of the year simply because he's istarting his fourth year now. So assumig Ike has been working on catching the ball 3 or 4 INT's sounds about right, especially with Dante throwing the ball!

Steelersfan
09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Rod Woodson has picked Ike Taylor to be the breakout player of the year simply because he's istarting his fourth year now. So assumig Ike has been working on catching the ball 3 or 4 INT's sounds about right, especially with Dante throwing the ball!

That's what I'm talking about AZ!!!! :tt02: We just need to keep Chambers in check.

House of Steel
09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I hope you guys are right. Hey X-Steel, where are you watching the game at????

Aunkster
09-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I hope I am wrong but im going on a limb and saying this is one of the three losses I have predicted.

I am saying Miami 17..Pittsburgh 14:dunno:

House of Steel
09-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I hope I am wrong but im going on a limb and saying this is one of the three losses I have predicted.

I am saying Miami 17..Pittsburgh 14:dunno:

I wish I had Cowher's avatar that says this :bsflag:

Man, that is a disgrace to hear you put this up. :cursin: :cursin: :nono: :nono:

STEELERS ALL THE WAY!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

STEELERS 27 FINS 17

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Here is the lastest injury report for the game.

www.post-gazette.com (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06249/719345-66.stm)

Injury update

Coach Bill Cowher upgraded wide receiver Hines Ward (hamstring) and center Chukky Okobi (knee) to probable for the game while downgrading tight end Jerame Tuman (hamstring) to doubtful.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, out after an appendectomy, visited the Steelers' facility and attended practice last night but was unavailable for interviews.

The rest are listed as probable: cornerback Chidi Iwuoma (concussion), safety Mike Logan (ankle), offensive tackle Willie Colon (hamstring), offensive tackle Max Starks (knee). The Dolphins list guard Joe Berger (foot) as out and cornerback Travis Daniels (ankle) as questionable.

For those of you lucky enough to go to the game...

Advisory

The Steelers have advised fans to arrive early and be in their seats no later than 8 p.m. for the game tomorrow. A special pregame program featuring Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts and a ceremony commemorating the Steelers' five Super Bowl titles will take place. An official Steelers Terrible Towel wave will take place before kickoff and will be led by Corey O'Connor, the youngest son of late Pittsburgh Mayor Bob O'Connor.

House of Steel
09-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Wow what an article.

Steelersfan
09-06-2006, 03:10 PM
How I wish I was going to the game. Sounds like it should be a good time.

shimmysteelerfan
09-06-2006, 03:42 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!

Cant wait for tomorrow!!!! Finaly the season is here!!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Dolphins-Steelers Preview

www.usatoday.com/sports (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores106/106250/NFL702133.htm)

A near-death experience could not keep Ben Roethlisberger from missing the Pittsburgh Steelers' season opener.

His appendix will.

A sudden ailment leaves the NFL's season opener on Thursday without its biggest star, and forces the Steelers to turn to Charlie Batch in their first meaningful game since winning the Super Bowl as they try to spoil Daunte Culpepper's debut with the Miami Dolphins.

``This is the situation we are being dealt and we are not asking for any pity nor are we going to make any excuses,'' Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher said after learning Roethlisberger would miss at least one game after needing an emergency appendectomy Sunday.

While Roethlisberger may return for a Week 2 matchup at Jacksonville, it's somewhat amazing he was even expected to play in this game after being in a serious motorcycle accident on June 12. All known injuries were to his head, including a broken nose and concussion, but it's uncertain if the crash caused any internal damage that could have resulted in appendicitis.

Knee problems forced Roethlisberger to miss four games last season and Batch started two of them, winning both despite completing 22 of 35 passes for 215 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. He hadn't started a game since 2001 with the Detroit Lions.

``Adversity is not what knocks you down, it is how you handle it and how you respond to it,'' Cowher said. ``This football team with its veterans has been down this road before, facing challenges and adversity.''

As would have been the case with Roethlisberger, Culpepper being on the field for this game is taking some by surprise.

The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback, acquired from Minnesota for a second-round pick this offseason, missed the Vikings' final nine games last year after tearing three ligaments in his right knee. Following surgery, Culpepper was told he might miss a year or more.

Instead, he took part in every practice during training camp and played in each of Miami's first three preseason games, going 22-for-30 for 218 yards.

His arrival, and seemingly complete recovery, has Miami fans believing their team can return to the playoffs for the first time since 2001.

``To get hurt and go through all that, it was tough,'' Culpepper said. ``But right now I've got a huge smile because of where I've come from and where I see us going.''

The Dolphins closed last season with six straight wins to finish 9-7 in Nick Saban's first year as coach, making them a popular choice to supplant the New England Patriots as AFC East champions.

While the passing game was stagnant in 2005, the running game was impressive with rookie Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. The only on-field action Williams will see this year is in the CFL because he is serving a one-year suspension for violating the NFL's drug policy, but Miami is comfortable increasing Brown's carries.

The No. 2 overall pick in last year's draft, Brown rushed 207 times for 907 yards with four touchdowns. However, he averaged only 3.2 yards per carry while fumbling three times over the final five games.

``This is a team with the right nucleus, right players and right coaching staff to take it to the championship level,'' new Dolphins defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson said.

Like Brown, Willie Parker could be more of a workhorse this season with the retirement of Jerome Bettis, the NFL's fifth all-time leading rusher, after helping the Steelers win the Super Bowl as their short-yardage and goal-line back.

Despite losing carries to Bettis and some to Duce Staley, Parker still rushed for 1,202 yards last year and set a Super Bowl record with a 75-yard touchdown run.

``You can see it in him - the kid has some confidence now,'' Cowher said after Parker was rewarded with a $13.6 million, four-year contract last week. ``You can see it the way he's running, the way he's catching the ball, the way he's blocking.''

He'll be trying to find holes in a Miami defensive line which features enormous tackles Wilkinson and Keith Traylor, who are both well over 6-feet tall and 330 pounds. That duo is part of an aging, but talented front seven on defense. Traylor is 37 and Wilkinson is 33, defensive end Jason Taylor is 32 and fellow Pro Bowler Zach Thomas (33) enters his 11th season as Miami's middle linebacker.

While Miami tied a team record with 49 sacks last season, it has a revamped secondary which lost veterans Sam Madison and Lance Schulters.

``The way things are, you just don't know who's going to be back next year,'' defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday said. ``So there is a sense of urgency. The time is now, and we're aware of that.''

All but two of Pittsburgh's starters on defense are returning for a unit which led the AFC in total yards allowed. Led by All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu and volatile linebacker Joey Porter, the Steelers gave up 284.0 yards and 16.1 points per game.

``I think we're going to be really good,'' said Brett Keisel, replacing Kimo von Oelhoffen at defensive end, ``as long as we stay healthy.''

Steelersfan
09-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Turnovers are going to be key in this game. It should be low scoring so whoever wins the turnover battle should win. I figure the score will be something like 20-14 or 21-17. Of course the Steelers win!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
That is right, Steelerfan. Hey are you going to have a Steelers-Dolphins live thread as the game progresses? Wouldn't be a bad idea, talk about the game as it happens. That would be fun!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 06:06 PM
That's what this thread is for HOS

Steelersfan
09-07-2006, 06:06 PM
This is that thread......lol

PITT23
09-07-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm ready for this game...too bad TG isnt here because Im sure he'd get 200 posts in one night. He'll be here next game though :p

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I am sorry, I do have loads of brain farts at times, so bare with me. I am still a rookie in here for the time being. You notice my post numbers are going higher and higher. LOL.

Blitzburgh55
09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Are we posting in this thread during the game or is some making a game thread

PITT23
09-07-2006, 08:37 PM
This is the game thread...everything will go in here.

Blitzburgh55
09-07-2006, 08:55 PM
FROM STEELERS.COM

The following are some of the interesting match-ups to watch during Thursday night's Steelers-Dolphins game at Heinz Field:

STEELERS LT MARVEL SMITH VS. DOLPHINS DE JASON TAYLOR: The Dolphins believe their defensive line is a team strength, and Taylor is the most outstanding player on that unit. Since 2000, Taylor has recorded 76 sacks, and don't believe for a second that he's a one-dimensional player. Taylor may own the quickest first-step in the NFL, and Smith will have to be on top of his own techniques to survive. Certainly, the Steelers will be able to help Smith, both with an extra blocker and with the play-calling, but there are going to be occasions where Taylor will know he's in a pure pass-rush situation. Those will be trying times for Smith, even as good as he is.

STEELERS QB CHARLIE BATCH VS. DOLPHINS QB DAUNTE CULPEPPER: These guys won't go against each other during the game, but their respective performances will have a lot to do with the outcome, especially when it comes to protecting the football. Nobody expects this game to develop into a shootout, and that means it could be close throughout. In those kinds of games, turnovers can be the difference, and if either quarterback commits a bunch of turnovers early it could take his team right out of contention. This is a different Batch than the Steelers ever have had – he's confident, relaxed, comfortable that he can execute the offense in a game situation. Culpepper is coming off major knee surgery and will be geeked to show the world he's back. While both of these guys are veterans, controlling their emotions still could be a factor early.

STEELERS NT CASEY HAMPTON VS. DOLPHINS C REX HADNOT: Miami wants to run the football, especially in a game on the road against the defending champions. Ronnie Brown is a former No. 2 overall pick, and he should be more comfortable now that he has a season of experience in the league. Against the Steelers, running the football doesn't happen unless somebody blocks Hampton, and it typically requires more than one person. If Hampton is making Hadnot's life miserable, Brown's life will turn out to be miserable as well.

STEELERS WR HINES WARD VS. DOLPHINS CBs WILL ALLEN AND TRAVIS DANIELS: It will be Batch's first-ever opening day start for his hometown team, and there will be butterflies. It's only normal. In those kinds of situations, quarterbacks look to a security blanket, and Ward is that for the Steelers. Out the entire preseason with a balky hamstring, Ward practiced for three straight days and is ready to go. Early in the game, don't be surprised to see Batch go to Ward because he knows how dependable he is, and if the two hook up a couple of times everybody on the Steelers sideline will feel more comfortable. The Miami secondary is not a team strength in the first place, and Daniels was listed as doubtful on the team's final injury report before the game.

STEELERS CB IKE TAYLOR VS, DOLPHINS WR CHRIS CHAMBERS: Imagine these statistics – 82 catches for 1,118 yards and 11 touchdowns, and the quarterback was Gus Frerotte. That's how good Chambers is, and he always seems to play so much taller than his listed height of 5-foot-11. Taylor recently signed a contract extension that should ease his mind as he was due to enter a season after which he could've become an unrestricted free agent. Taylor is a big, physical cornerback, and going against Cincinnati's Chad Johnson three times last season should help him in this match-up against Chambers.

STEELERS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR DICK LeBEAU VS. DOLPHINS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR MIKE MULARKEY: These guys just missed working with each other in Pittsburgh on two different occasions, and it'll be Mularkey's first time calling plays against a Steelers team during a game at Heinz Field. On many occasions, coaches have to be like players in that they cannot afford to try to do too much, they cannot afford to force things that may not be there. LeBeau is the epitome of cool, but he's a cold-blooded competitor at heart. And Mularkey would love to stick it to the Steelers on a national stage such as this.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Swami picked the Steelers by 3.

Steelers 24 Dolphins 13, my final prediction

GO STEELERS!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:20 PM
This pregrame is awesome! Wish I could have been there it's gotta be electrifying :tt02:

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
The "Bus" entrance is awesome!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

He came riding into the stadium in a big ole School bus!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
My wife won't let me watch the game. So, I am stuck on the helmets.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Bummer dude! We'll get you the updates don't worry

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
I feel your pain house of steel

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I am not going to fight with her. I am getting real ticked about this. She did this to me last season for 5 games that was on Sunday Afternoon, instead, we go to the Mall. I am telling you now, I am not going to suffer anymore. She is watching Little House on the Prairie OH MAN!!!

PITT23
09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Ugh, watching Pink sing that dumb song made me mad. Not sure if I can stand Madden the entire game. And theres something about NFL on Thursday that doesnt seem right.

Other than that Im ready :D

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Well at least we do not have to listen to Theisman

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Did they have the coin toss yet?

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Well at least we do not have to listen to Theisman

AMEN!!! My dogs believe it or not, can't stand him, my black lab barks at him when he starts talking. Must be the voice. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Your telling me the NFL.com aren't going to even have helmets???? :(

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Looks like Steelers are kicking off!

PITT23
09-07-2006, 09:38 PM
We Have Kickoff!!!!!!

House of Steel
I rather they get the ball after HALFTIME anyway. Thanks for the updates, I need it. It is killing me not to watch it. I am getting stressed out. I have a mental condition too.

AZ_Steeler
Defense comes on the field. Miami has ball at the Steelers 33

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Alright boys, lets do this. Dont let Ronnie Brown go for big yards.

House of Steel
28 yard return is not good. GOT TO DO BETTER!!! Field Position is going to be the key to victory here.

AZ_Steeler
Ronnie Brown goes no where!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:40 PM
What's with Troy's beard?

House of Steel
Alright boys, lets do this. Dont let Ronnie Brown go for big yards.

Yeah I agree. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: COME ON DEFENSE!!!

AZ_Steeler
First down Miami! 16 yard gain.

PITT23
Damn little screen type play :(

Someone got the crap knocked out of them from our team.

House of Steel
Oh Come On Secondary!! None Of That Crap.

blackNgold22
Our run stop is looking very good

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Smith stuffs Brown again!! :tt02: 2nd and 10

AZ_Steeler
Brown is stuffed in the backfield!!! 3rd 13

PITT23
We're penetrating the line so well. Great stuff :D

House of Steel
Alright Hampton and Foote, stuff em back man.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:42 PM
I smell a punt coming!!!

AZ_Steeler
D is getting off the field on a 3rd down stop!!! :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
lets go Batch and co

PITT23
They want those short passes but they cant get to the sticks. Not a smart play by them. Take it all the way Holmes.

House of Steel
Yes Way To Go Defense!!!

AZ_Steeler
Steelers ball at their own 22! Punt went out of bounds

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm impressed with our defense on that drive. Much better than the preseason games.

House of Steel
2-2 Culpepper, that has got to stop!!!

House of Steel
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO punting OB. WEAK!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
The D didn't look that bad with the exception of that 16 yard gain to midfield

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Who was on the coverage for that one??? Who was the intended receiver also?

Don't tell me, Ryan Clark.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Parker picks up 3! Way to keep those feet moving! Ward is starting

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Parker for 3!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Good for him, PLAY THROUGH PAIN LEADS TO GLORY!!!

AZ_Steeler
Parker picks up 3 more on the left side

PITT23
Willie is looking decent...no huge holes for him yet. Great to see Hines out there. Starkls fell flat on his stomach though.

House of Steel
another 3!!! Parker is good.

AZ_Steeler
Incomplete pass to Washington! 3 and out

House of Steel
Damn incomplete, now Batch, we don't need that garbage. GRRRR!!!

PITT23
09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Batch throwing into double coverage. Damn that was a quick drive. Wow...

SteelersfaninPhilly
Dang it

Koopa
well that was the most predictable drive ever. smh, cut nate put in someone with hands lol.....

House of Steel
Something tells me, we are going to wish Ben was out there. He would of led the opening drive for 3 or 6.

PITT23
09-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Alright, hooray for holding. Defense had almost no rest time though.

House of Steel
DOUBLE COVERAGE??? What the heck??? They know better than that. OH COME ON!!!

blackNgold22
DOUBLE COVERAGE??? What the heck??? They know better than that. OH COME ON!!!
yeah it ddint seem like a smart pass to throw at all. I dont know if anyone else was open or what.

House of Steel
Gardocki sweet feet and a long punt, NICE 49 Yarder!!! Thank goodness for the holding call.

SteelCityMan786
09-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Let's Go D AGAIN!

SteelersfaninPhilly
Defense

House of Steel
Who are the starting receivers besides Ward, Wilson and Washington? Are they alternating Washington and Holmes or Reid???

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Defense!! Defense!! Defense!! Defense!!

House of Steel
I bet that crowd is on fire and wild. Sea of Gold, my goodness I wish I could of seen it.

PITT23
Great sack by Porter...we're totally destroying their o-line.

House of Steel
SACK!!! PEEZY!!!!!! Whoohoooo!!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Porter just passed loyld on the steelers all time sack list

House of Steel
9 yarder, DAMN come on.

blackNgold22
We've put pressure on Daunte every single play of the game. I love how our front 7 are looking.

House of Steel
Congrats, PEEZY, WE LOVE YA MAN!! KICK SOME GARBAGE OUT OF THE HOUSE!! I bet he did his trademark move after sacking Culpepper.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 09:52 PM
three and out Way to go D.

House of Steel
ALRIGHT!!! I love the looks of this defensive line, KICKING SOME BUTTS MAN!!!

PITT23
Daunte with a horrible throw and another good defensive drive we've had. What in the name of god were we doing on that punt return?

Koopa
09-07-2006, 09:53 PM
WTF!!!!!!! cowher you ****ing retard.....ricardo ****ing sucks on special teams, **** is he stuck on stupid??? i guess he feels, oh i won a superbowl so who cares what happens.....WILLIE MOTHERSUCKIN RIED **** what's so hard about that...... lol

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:53 PM
58 yard punt, WOW!!! 3 yard return, WEAK!!! That sounds like Randle El returning punts again. FIGURES!!! LOL

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Koopa, ummmm is your blood pressure rising or something. GOOD GRACIOUS!!! LOL.

PITT23
WTF!!!!!!! cowher you ****ing retard.....ricardo ****ing sucks on special teams, **** is he stuck on stupid??? i guess he feels, oh i won a superbowl so who cares what happens.....WILLIE MOTHERSUCKIN RIED **** what's so hard about that...... lol
I agree Reid is the best return man on the team.

And today we had a motivational guy talk about being "stuck on stupid"...what a coincidence :lol:

House of Steel
My wife would of killed me for cussing like that and screaming over that boneheaded decision.

PITT23
09-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Hines and Charlie not on the same page. Not good at all.

House of Steel
I agree Reid is the best return man on the team.

And today we had a motivational guy talk about being "stuck on stupid"...what a coincidence :lol:

Stuck on Stupid :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Good Laugh, I needed that.

Koopa
brian brian brian brian brian.....maddox maddox maddox.......wilson wilson wilson....batch sucks ***

House of Steel
That is not good.

blackNgold22
We look bad on offense. Very bad for sure.

Koopa
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
smh, cowher is the most predictable coach in the league hand it over the wiz and everything is set

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
OH CRAP GOING BACKWARDS!!! Is this going to be one of the low scoring games with crappy offense???

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 09:57 PM
OH CRAP GOING BACKWARDS!!! Is this going to be one of the low scoring games with crappy offense???

What the hell is going on with Batch??? 0-3 BS!!! HEY GET EM OUT OF THERE!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
3 and out again. What the hell :cursin:

PITT23
Charlie looks like **** already. Two horrible passes and throwing one where there were no players. Why would you throw one where he would have been short of the first down by 5 yards anyways. I cant believe this. I figured he was smarter than that.

House of Steel
Oh, it would of been a different story with Ben in there, I bet it would be 10-0 or 14-0 by now. This is totally uncalled for. COME ON COWHER!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Fins going back on D. Come on batch pull your head out of your ***.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Go Heath!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 10:08 PM
First down. Way to go holmes.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 10:12 PM
First down, Go Willie.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
went for it on fourth!!! love the way this is going!!! a whole lot better.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I can't believe we burned two time outs in the first quarter alone. That is not good usage.

PITT23
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I never would have called an outside run on 4th but I guess it turned out to work. They seem to know exactly when and where a run play will be happening at.

PITT23
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Touchdown Steelers!! Great play on both ends by Batch and Washington. Finally we throw the god damn ball deep. Great pass and catch.

Steelersfan
Touchdown!!!!

House of Steel
Touchdown To Washington!!! Whoooohooooooo Steelers!!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
TD Batch to Washington :tt02: :banana: :drinkup:

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Touchdown To Washington!!! Whoooohooooooo Steelers!!!!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

LET'S GO DAMN IT!!! COME ON STEELERS LET'S GO!!!!

PUMP THAT CROWD, THIS SHOULD FIRE UP THAT DEFENSE REAL GOOD!!! LET'S KICK SOME ASSES!!!

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Our defensive pressure and getting into the backfield has just been spectacular. I love what I'm seeing on the defensive side and the offense is finally coming along.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 10:22 PM
First down Miami

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Looks like Culpepper is doing a fine job tonight. COME ON DEFENSE!!!

AZ_Steeler
10 yard gain, another First down Miami

PITT23
I hate how they're doing all of these little short yardage passes. At least we havent been burned on a deep bomb yet.

House of Steel
Another First!! COME ON!!!

AZ_Steeler
Brown is stuffed at the line again! Rush D is looking really good so far!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Keisel is doing awesome in replacement of Kimo's departure.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 10:24 PM
On 2nd down Brown gains 3 yards. 3rd and 7... let's go d :tt02:

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Polamalu is all over the place tonight.

AZ_Steeler
Incomplete pass! Defense holds. Booker is still down on the field for Miami.

Should have been a catch because Clark and Ricardo wasn't even really covering him

PITT23
Ohh wow we put a shot on Marty Booker. I thought he had it and was down by contact but incomplete is fine with me. Booker might have the wind knocked out of him though.

House of Steel
Booker Is Out!!!! Whoa!!!! Fourth!!!

PITT23
09-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Keisel is doing awesome in replacement of Kimo's departure.
Right, so far the losses of Kimo and Hope have not hurt us and maybe now the "experts" will shut up about it.

House of Steel
Who put the hit on Booker?

AZ_Steeler
The ground! Looks like he landed on the ball...

PITT23
Some great stats on Ronnie Brown:

7 attemps
7 yards
0 TD's

SteelCityMan786
09-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Looked like Porter delivered the hit. I couldn't tell.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:27 PM
How the hell did he get the wind knocked out of him???? GOODNESS!!!

BROWN SUCKS tonight!!! GO D!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
4th and 7... Miami punt team on the field

House of Steel
I wouldn't want to feel Peezy hitting me full force.

AZ_Steeler
What an idiot! Holmes fields the ball on the 5 yard line!!! Steeler ball 1st and 10 on their own 5!

blackNgold22
No real passes to Chambers yet and another punt.

And **** Santonio, why even try to return that? Jesus Christmas...

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:29 PM
THAT IS A LONG PUNT AND A BAD RETURN, starting deep!!!

AZ_Steeler
Pass complete to Parker 3 yard gain. 2nd and 7

House of Steel
Holmes stinking it up already, crap!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Parker right side about a yard gained

House of Steel
Shotgun formation here.

PITT23
Our offense has faced so many 3rd downs its not even close to being funny.

AZ_Steeler
On 3rd and 5... Incomplete pas to Holmes. Pass was thrown behind him!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:31 PM
3 and OUT!! Thanks to Holmes' Stupidity once again. IDIOT!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

blackNgold22
That return looked as bad as Pitt was at tackling last season.

House of Steel
WE got to do better. I don't like the offensive flow tonight. Someone has to light a fire up their asses to get going.

Koopa
09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
why the **** did we even draft willie for??? to stare at him?? smh, i hate cowher, mothersuck a run every damn play...i know batch makes maddox look like a 18 time all pro but **** you gotta let him throw every now and then

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Clark Is Out Of Here!! Get Anthony Smith In The Game, Cowher!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't like Batch tonight, he is stinking this game up.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:33 PM
What happened to Clark?

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Great play by Ike and Troy to break it up. Glad that we werent burnt deep on the first long pass attempt.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:34 PM
First attempted pass to Chambers, INCOMPLETE!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
We can hold them here, we might save our behinds from a score.

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Christ McFadden, turn around and look for the ball!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:36 PM
HOLDING ON THE OFFENSE!! 10 yards, repeat the down. That just saved our asses.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Miami is having all kinds of opportunities with great field positioning and then shoot themselves in the foot with stupid calls. That the way to win a game. LOL.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Ouch 14 Yarder, Come On D!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Whoohooo 3 and out!!! Fair catch by Holmes. Offense back on the field. Way to go, D!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:39 PM
This is a must to score on this drive and run the clock down. Clock Management is important on this drive here.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Good Grief, Batch can't connect to Hines.

PITT23
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Wow I never knew Batch had an arm that was that good. Almost had the big time play too and prob. pass interference.

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
We DO NOT know how to cover a friggin punt.

Koopa
we have the worse special teams in the league every year ppl just run all over us

House of Steel
I Am Getting Sick Of Batch Man!!! This Is Really Beginning To Get On Nerves.

SteelersfaninPhilly
freaking special teams :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :banging: :banging: :banging:

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:43 PM
OH MY GOD!!! WE GOT KILLED THERE. 47 yards what the F---!!!

Koopa
touchdown dolphins thanks the special teams for sucking complete *******....smh **** an old guy that never has been block get a young dude with a boot **** these bitch kicks

House of Steel
They are going to tie it up, DAMNNNNNNN.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:44 PM
They are going to tie it up, DAMNNNNNNN.

Oh for God sakes!! That special team good for nothing !@#@$##@ :banging: :banging: :banging: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

Koopa
09-07-2006, 10:45 PM
smh, from now on even if it's a snail running the kick/punts don't kick to the dude just kick it out of bounch that's how bad our special teams it, they are makin our special teams their little bitches

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
This is how you lose games with the field positioning and missed tackles. We got a serious problem, PITTSBURGH!!!

HEY COWHER, work on this will ya. Where is that pointed chin and Flying Spit sessions??? CUSS THOSE SPECIAL TEAMERS OUT!!! I bet he is pissed on the sidelines now. If I was coaching this game, I would be saying BS!!!

PITT23
09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
The ball has been on our side of the 50 for a long long time it seems. Ricardo is going.

Nevermind, stupid flag and it all comes back. Unbelieveable.

Koopa
09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
smh, special teams sucks **** just don't even go out there jsut let them kick and get it themselves we f'k ourselves up anyway

Koopa
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
i hate willie, he is not the answer, he's a second stringer cause these two yard gains are pointless

i didn't say anything about catching the ball lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:

House of Steel
Special Teams is really going to lose this game for us if they don't get their heads out of their asses for God's sake.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Finally!! Nice job, Parker.

SteelersfaninPhilly
About time Willie

House of Steel
WE NEED EITHER 3 or 6!!! I perfer 6 here.

Koopa
he heard me lol..........i still don't think he's right for us, cause he'll probably lose 2 yards right now

PITT23
FINALLY WILLIE IS GETTING OUT INTO THE OPEN FIELD. Now the run game seems to be opening up, lets keep this momentum rolling down for a TD.

(Sorry for the caps)

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Good God, Fourth Gear And Flying Yeah Baby That Is What I Am Talking About!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
Go Willie Go, :tt02:

House of Steel
up to 60 yards already, good first half.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Haynes in the game.

Koopa
i hate batch i f'king hate him, he sucks ****.......whoever on this forum said we have the best back up in the league i hope you hit your self with your monitor lol

blackNgold22
Wow Batch throws into double coverage again. He must love to do that because thats at least 5 times.

House of Steel
Shotgun Formation. LET'S GO BATCH HIT HINES FOR THE LONG BOMB FOR THE TD DAMNIT!!!

PITT23
Finally we get a pass interference call. We need to score on this drive.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Fly The Flag You Sob!!! Dirty Con Artist!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!! Come On Damnit Put In The Endzone!!!

Koopa
09-07-2006, 10:53 PM
damn hines needs his catches mothersuckers....can't have back to back non 1000 yard seasons lol

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
2 Minute Warning!!! I say hit Heath Miller on a Pass Action for the TD

PITT23
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Touchdown Hines! What a great catch and grab in the back of the endzone. Hammy looks good on him tonight :D :towel:

House of Steel
Touchdown To Hines Ward Baby!!! Go 86!!! Sob!!!

Koopa
:woot: hines is great lol

now if we can get our special teams off the dolphins payroll we can win this thang

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Hell yeah Ward. Nice way to answer the Fins TD. :tt02: :tt02: :yesnod:

House of Steel
Touchdown To Hines Ward Baby!!! Go 86!!! Sob!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
TOUCHDOWN HINES WARD

Reed's Kick is Good.

Steelers 14, Dolphins 7

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
:woot: hines is great lol

now if we can get our special teams off the dolphins payroll we can win this thang

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

AMEN!!!

blackNgold22
09-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Wes Welker is eating our special teams for lunch.

House of Steel
Damn, I am pumped up!!! I am about to go outside and SCREAM TO CLEVELAND WHO THE REAL TEAM IS!!!

House of Steel
Walker is having a field day on our Special teamers. A-hole!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:00 PM
WTF!!! Walker is having a field day on our secondary, F---R!!

COME ON DEFENSE DAMNIT!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:00 PM
THIS IS B*******!!! Let em tie it up!!! A-Holes!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
10/16 123 yds for Culpepper, that is BS!! THIS IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!!!

DAMN THESE IDIOTS!!!

Koopa
09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
i'm seriously about to break something. stop over persuing this stupid ****ers. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Where the ****ing secondary????

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Koopa, I think you and I would make a hell of an odd couple at the Steelers games.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I think the Secondary hit the Twlight Zone and daydreaming man. This is ludicris.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Hold Them To 3!!! Come On Damnit!!!

Koopa
Koopa, I think you and I would make a hell of an odd couple at the Steelers games.

lol, i think i'd get kicked out with all the cussing

House of Steel
i'm seriously about to break something. stop over persuing this stupid ****ers. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iagree: I am cursing and my wife is telling me to shut the F*** up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

She has no idea how fun football can be when things don't go your way. One time I was so mad at a game I punched a gigantic hole in our bedroom wall, covered it up with the Terrible Towel LMAO.

Koopa
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
*sigh of relief* thank god i don't think i'd have a computer anymore if they would've got the td

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Whew!! Held to a FG better than a TD!!!

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:07 PM
I hate games like this, it is ugly and stinky like a roadkill skunk. THIS SUCKS!!!

Koopa
09-07-2006, 11:08 PM
PUSSY, PUSSY, PUSSY, PUSSY, PUSSY!!!!!! chunk that mothersucker

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey, how about a Hail Mary to Washington or a Reversal for the TD???

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:09 PM
You are quite a character, Koopa.

SteelersfaninPhilly
Half time. Steelers special teams please report to Heinz Field.

House of Steel
I think there is going to be some serious editing of our postings after this game is off. LOL.

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Half time. Steelers special teams please report to Heinz Field.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

My Black Lab, Dokkie, is on my lap, he says, HE AGREES!! :iagree:

Steelersfan
09-07-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm happy with the lead at the half and we get the ball to start the 3rd.

Getting tired of the missed tackles though. Batch hasn't looked too bad at all. And the D has played pretty good.

Now it's time to put this game away!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Halftime stats:

Passing:
Batch 7/15 66 yrds 2 TD

Rushing:
Parker 13 carries 57 yards

Reciving:
N. Washington 1rec 27yards 1 TD
H. Miller 2 14
W. Parker 2 12
H. Ward 1 7 1 TD
S. Holmes 1 6

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Ike Tayler has done an outstanding job shutting down Chambers. He's showing everyone why he got the extension!

Koopa
09-07-2006, 11:15 PM
gameday thread stats

User Name Posts
House of Steel 105
AZ_Steeler 35
PITT23 27
SteelersfaninPhilly 20
koopa 18
blackNgold22 14
Steelersfan 7
Blitzburgh55 3
SteelCityMan786 3
shimmysteelerfan 1
Aunkster 1

HOS is killing everyone lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I surprised the I can still post at a decent clip. Thought the server be slower with all the posting.

Steelersfan
09-07-2006, 11:19 PM
House is crazy!!!!

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Overall the defense has been really good with the exception of a few missed tackles. Third down defense was the big question coming into the game and so far the D is holding Miami to 1/7 (14%) on third downs!

Rush defense has held Miami to 9 first half yards!!! (1.2 per carry)

Overall the D looks better than last years IMO...

Steelersfan
09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Cullpepper missed a few easy 3rd downs to help us out. But overall the D is playing pretty good.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Cullpepper has helped the Steelers out, but when they look at it on paper it's a confidence builder ;)

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:25 PM
at least Batch has two scores to his stats.

AZ_Steeler
On 3rd and 7... Batch complete to Ward! First down!!! :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
I'm impressed with Batch so far... not forcing the issue

House of Steel
09-07-2006, 11:26 PM
I am crazy???? Hey I told you, I posted close to 6000 postings at the other board in one season!!!

AZ_Steeler
Parker off the left side 6 yards!

House of Steel
On 3rd and 7... Batch complete to Ward! First down!!! :tt02:

HINES WARD FOR THE FIRST!!! :tt02: :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
Another completion to Ward! 1st down!! :tt02: :tt02:

House of Steel