PDA

View Full Version : Mean Joe Greene

Prosdo
09-05-2006, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhidDOCFP8M

I really like this video. To see a tough guy like Mean Joe talk about Pittsburgh fans like that is awesome. :)

Steelersfan
09-05-2006, 03:50 AM
WOW! great video!!! Mean Joe is one of my favorite Steelers of all time!

House of Steel
09-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Mean Joe Greene, I wouldn't want to cross him on his worse day, he would lay a bodyslam on your hide.

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Great video Prosdo, it's made me rethink about my feelings for Mean Joe...

I have a little story that I like to tell of my run in with Joe Greene at the Cardinals camp in Flagstaff, AZ (thought this was going to be a Beastie Boys song there for a minute ;)). This all happened a year before he was hired by the Steelers...

I was in Flagstaff on business at Flagstaff Medical Center, I was helping assist with putting in an entirely new computer system for the Northern Arizona Healthcare (it's actually a little more complicated than a computer system and I would need a powerpoint presentation to explain what I actually did there :)).

One day I decided to leave the hospital a little early to go over and watch the Cardinals practice and try and get Mr. Greene's autograph on a few of my Steelers things... at least one of them! So, I'm hanging out at practice and I have my lazor beam locked on him the entire time. I'm nervous, I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and my palms are getting awfully sweaty! The whistle blows and practice is now over, I race over to the fence where the coaches exit and I'm waiting for Mr. Greene... he's walking right towards me...

"Excuse me, Mr. Greene... would you sign this for me please?"

He takes my item and sharpie and starts to sign it, but pauses... he looks at me and says...

"Does this look like Cardinals stuff to you?"
"No!", I say.
"Sorry, I'll only sign Cardninals stuff." and he hands me back my item!

I was furious for a long time but I completely understood after telling the story a few times, now that I see that video It's hard to be mad now! Thanks again Prosdo!

PemPgh14
09-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I like that video.

splatlambert
09-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Glad you guy's liked the video. I'll post more of my stuff in right now...lol
Paul

House of Steel
09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Splat, I know all about your work. This man is very gifted in his work. He would make a great contribution to this site with his gifted talent.