PDA

View Full Version : Woodley close to signing?

DIESELMAN
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Representatives for Pittsburgh Steelers second-round pick DE/OLB LaMarr Woodley told us this week that contract negotiations have been going well with the team.

Woodley, who was the 14th selection in the round and 46th overall, could be signed as early as next week. No selections in the first two rounds have been signed by any team yet.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Good stuff, let's get these draft picks inked so we can concentrate on getting Troy his extension !

Timmons & Woodley need all the camp they can get to be ready for the season.

BlackGold4vr
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately, for a lot of those UFA's we are now at a roster size that will involve someone getting cut for every draft pick signed. I think with the crop of talent signed this year it's going to mean parting ways with some quality players. Will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. Might be a surprise veteran or two that end up with pink slips before all is said and done. :helmet:

DIESELMAN
06-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately, for a lot of those UFA's we are now at a roster size that will involve someone getting cut for every draft pick signed. I think with the crop of talent signed this year it's going to mean parting ways with some quality players. Will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. Might be a surprise veteran or two that end up with pink slips before all is said and done. :helmet:
we just released 3 guys, more to come. Your right we shouldn't be surprised to see some known players be released. Colclough anybody???? :banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Good **** to hear.....I can't wait to see Woodley in action....He is going to be a badass.....

Stlrs4Life
06-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, guess we can take that as good news!

manofsteel
07-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Its looking very well lets get it rollin so we can get goin here

RckyMtnStlrFan
07-01-2007, 04:11 AM
we just released 3 guys, more to come. Your right we shouldn't be surprised to see some known players be released. Colclough anybody???? :banana:

PLEASE! Can we PLEASE release colclough already! I never really liked him and with all the return fumbles last year I just couldn't believe Cowher kept putting him in.:dunno:

MillerTime83
07-01-2007, 04:46 AM
lets see faneca will be gone next year maybe if we get ward to take less money we will eb able to sign Ben and Troy.

steelersgal86
07-01-2007, 08:42 AM
This is good to hear :bigthumb: but yes we do need them to work on Troy :tt02:

Stairwayto7
07-05-2007, 06:57 AM
lets see faneca will be gone next year maybe if we get ward to take less money we will eb able to sign Ben and Troy.

This is a must!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Ward will rework his deal if necessary I have little doubt of that. Players are almost always willing to restructure their deal to offer salary cap relief for the coming season but don't look for him to actually redo his deal to take less money because that won't happen.

Most definitely get rid of Coc, the dude is just worthless. He can't play ST and he can't cover anybody with any consistency.