PDA

View Full Version : St Pierre signed to practice squad

stillers4me
09-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi fellow Steeler Addicts!! I've been reading for a while and thought I'd post and say hello! :tt02: It seems the chess game continues!!

http://news.steelers.com/article/68679/

Steelers Sign Quarterback St. Pierre to Practice Squad; Fullback Released

PITTSBURGH The Steelers signed four-year veteran quarterback Brian St. Pierre to their practice squad, the team announced today.

St. Pierre (6-3, 230) was originally drafted by the Steelers in the fifth round (163rd overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft. He then spent time on both the active roster and the practice squad for Pittsburgh before being waived on Sept. 3, 2005. St. Pierre was signed to the Baltimore Ravens' practice squad on Sept. 22, 2005, before being signed to the active roster on Dec. 8.

St. Pierre, who was waived by the Ravens on Sept. 2, 2006, has played in one career game, which was the Steelers' season finale against the Buffalo Bills on Jan. 2, 2005.

To make room for St. Pierre on the practice squad, the Steelers released fullback John Kuhn. Kuhn (6-0, 255) spent part of the 2005 season on the team's practice squad and was signed to this year's practice squad on Sunday, Sept. 3.

Steelersfan
09-04-2006, 12:42 PM
I guess most of us saw this coming. Here's hoping that Big Ben will be back soon. I wonder if they will keep St. Pierre after Ben gets back?

PITT23
09-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess most of us saw this coming. Here's hoping that Big Ben will be back soon. I wonder if they will keep St. Pierre after Ben gets back?
Well we had to drop Kuhn to do it so maybe they'' drop Brian to bring back Kuhn. It's an interesting situation that they'll need to go through.

Blitzburgh55
09-04-2006, 01:09 PM
St. Pierre just cant stay away he a stiff Omar is better than he is

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I guess they figured Kuhn was the one to go instead Humes...yeah hopefully he'll come back once Brian's stint has ended.

AZ_Steeler
09-04-2006, 02:47 PM
So how does this work for Thursdays game? If St. Pierre is on the PS can he dress for the game on Thursday? It doesn't really do any good to have someone on the PS when the Steelers need a backup for the game...

or did I miss something and Omar will be the backup on Thursday?

Prosdo
09-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Not surprising that St. Pierre was brought back. Just a little surprised it was Kuhn sent off the PS.

Aunkster
09-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Im just glad it wasnt Maddox they brought back.

AZ_Steeler
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
It was probably a toss up between Kuhn and Hume just because there were 2 RB's on teh PS, but you're right it was surprising... maybe they thought they would have a better chance of picking Kuhn backup rather than Hume because someone else would have snagged him.

Prosdo
09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Im just glad it wasnt Maddox they brought back.

You aren't the only one! I would have been cursing all day if that happened lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2006, 03:47 PM
So how does this work for Thursdays game? If St. Pierre is on the PS can he dress for the game on Thursday? It doesn't really do any good to have someone on the PS when the Steelers need a backup for the game...

or did I miss something and Omar will be the backup on Thursday?

PS players cannot dress for the game or even stand on the sidelines with the players. If he's on the PS now they have the option of activating either him or Omar to the active 53 man roster so they can play. At this point Im not sure they've figured out who the official backup will be between the 2.

AZ_Steeler
09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
PS players cannot dress for the game or even stand on the sidelines with the players. If he's on the PS now they have the option of activating either him or Omar to the active 53 man roster so they can play. At this point Im not sure they've figured out who the official backup will be between the 2.

Should be an interesting competition this week, I don't see why St. Pierre won't be the backup come Thursday night though. I really like this guy and he showed a lot during preseason a couple years back.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I agree, Omar didn't show anything until the last preseason game and he's not ready to go out there and lead us at this point in a real game situation. Brian might not be the best but he's shown potential and he's been in the AFCN for awhile now.