PDA

View Full Version : COVER TWO,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
06-22-2007, 12:27 AM
HISTORY: any discussion of the cover two requires a trip back in time to
Pittsburgh in the 1970's and "D" coordinator Bud Carson. :tt02:

Although there had been a few instances of rolled-up corners and safties
who each patrolled half the field behind then,it was Carson who came up the middle,the better to protect the linebackers,who had to range wide. :bigthumb:

JACK LAMBERT was perfect for this defense,because he was fast enough to handle coverage assignments,,,,,:tt02: sharp enough mentally to diagnose running plays and fierce enough to shut down the enemy backs without much safety help :tt02:

Meanwhile the STEEL CURTAIN front four put tremendous pressure on opposing QB's without benefit of the blitz. :clap:

Another key part of the cover two,,,,,,,, :scratch:
FOUR SUPERBOWL TITLES later, the scheme had achieved legendary status
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Then in the "CHIN" era was born a new monster called BLITZBURGH NATION

Steelersfan
06-22-2007, 12:57 AM
No offense but BLITZBURGH NATION just can't compare with the STEEL CURTAIN! No D will ever compare to that.....lol
In the mid 90's when we had Woodson and Lake the blitz worked quite well. But since then we never really had a great CB that could really help this scheme. Yes, we've had some decent ones. But nothing close to Woodson! Having some good safeties has helped but just isn't the same.

Blitzburgh55
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Steelerfan finally came back

BlitzburghNation
06-22-2007, 01:14 PM
No offense but BLITZBURGH NATION just can't compare with the STEEL CURTAIN! No D will ever compare to that.....lol

None taken :greengrin:

I never said The chin's "D" was better than the steel curtain :scratch:

I agree and i've always said the STEEL CURTAIN was the best "D" ever created,,,,,, :clap:

All anyone has to do is look at the Hall of Famers that "D" has~~~ :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-22-2007, 03:09 PM
The Steel Curtain was one for the ages but Blitzburgh and the Big Nasty D sure had some stellar years and some downright amazing defensive schemes every week.

I look forward to the return of Blitzburgh this year in a way that nobody has ever seen :towelwave:

BlitzburghNation
06-22-2007, 03:21 PM
The Steel Curtain was one for the ages but Blitzburgh and the Big Nasty D sure had some stellar years and some downright amazing defensive schemes every week.

I look forward to the return of Blitzburgh this year in a way that nobody has ever seen :towelwave:

Yeah~~~ :bigthumb:

Just imagine if our offense was as good as our "D" in the 90's,,,,:banana:

We probably would've had 2 or 3 more trophy's :tt02:

Stlrs4Life
06-24-2007, 12:27 PM
In the mid 90's when we had Woodson and Lake the blitz worked quite well. But since then we never really had a great CB that could really help this scheme. Yes, we've had some decent ones. But nothing close to Woodson! Having some good safeties has helped but just isn't the same.

That's for sure!

manofsteel
06-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with Top Gun about seeing Blitburgh back in a way weve never seen. We have been discussing this topic alot. (Refrence TIME FOR CHANGE) the hybrid 3-4 4-3 will create alot of havoc for opposing O Coordinaters and QBs plus with some new talent and Old DL coaching I think we could see some real nasty stuff. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

SteelerDave74
06-24-2007, 06:46 PM
There is no doubt in my mind. We can and will revise our role as Blitzburgh. I am so looking forward to seeing Tomlin and LeBeau both working together on defensive schemes to throw any teams off. We got the personnel to wreck havoc on anyone.