PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: Captcoolhand

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight on :
Captcoolhand (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/member.php?u=64)

How long have you been a Steeler fan.......

Like most people, I was born into a family that was all Steeler fan. Being that I'm soon to be 37 and can only remember back til I was like 5-6 yrs old, I'll say 31-32 yrs I've been a fan.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers.....

Watching my Father as a kid and how excited he would get when watching the games. I just knew that I wanted to partake in his interst, so I decide that i wanted to cheer for a team like him. and from a young age we spent many Sundays watching the Steelers and him teaching me different aspects of the game.

Who is your favorite Players currently on the Steelers roster......

Hmmmm, this is a tough one, because there really isn't one player that stands out for me. I love the whole team. But if I had to make a choice it would be Heath Miller.

Why are they your favorite player.....

Because they (Steelers) are a force to be reckon with and i like Heath Miller because he is an Ace in the hole that doesn't demand attention. He there when you need him and he 's a beast. it's just to bad that he's not utilize more than what he is. I just hope to see him more this year in the receiving end of the ball and not just blocking.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past.....

Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris...Sorry i just couldn't pick just one, though I could probably add about 10 more players to this list.

What is your favorite Steelers memory....

Tough but one thing that does come to mind are the days back when Lynn Swann played and made some real acrobatic catches. The guy would just go up for anything that came his way even when they looked to be 10 feet over his head, he would make the catch. He was simply amazing.
I remember one time seeing him go across the middle and turn around and jumped up about 5-6 feet,made the catch and got layed out from behind and he still came up with the ball. i swear after that hit you thought his career was over.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football.....

Nothing! Football rules!

How did you find Steeler Addicts....

I started out on Steelers.com for awhile until one day i got the boot over something really dumb. I'm sure that some of you guys can relate.
So having no where else to go that I felt comfortable about, I started getting emails from Chris(AZ) from one of my Fantasy leagues telling me about this new site that just got started and that I should stop in and check it out.He insisted that it was the coolest thingso i decide to take a look. "What the Hell, Right."

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences......

It's great! It's a place you can go to talk football and a wide selection of other topics as well. It's not to big right now but if you stick around you get to meet some really cool people and no one is here to try and out do the next guy. Everyone seems to have their own group of people that they talk more to than others but there's never a problem if you choose to join in a conversation and give your own opinion.
The thing I think that I like the most about this site is the freedom to go play a game in the arcade or play cards with friends and still be able to come back to the forum and feel that you never missed a beat.

What do you do for a living........

I'm a professional Truckdriver. Right now I drive a Simi-dump truck in Cleveland, Ohio. Work mostly doing construction jobs and putting in new roads.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you....

Only thing that comes to mind is the fact that i finally put down the bottle and stop drink after having a $100+ a week drinking habit. And I didn't drink beer nether. I'll have 1 month June 5th

What is one thing that everybody knows you for.....

I'm an arcade whore...lol and I just looooooove the Steelers

What kind of car or truck do you drive......

Mack for work, wifes Corsica at home and on the market for maybe a new Impala

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be....

The ablility to convey to other people what i'm trying to say without sounding like i don't have a lick of sense

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA?.....
Watching football, Fantasy sports, playing Golf, Playstation, amusement parks, gathering with friends around a campfire etc.and probably more things now that i have money from not drinking. Oh and lets not forget sex.

Favorite TV show.......

The 70's show and Steelers/Browns game

Favorite video games.....

Really no one favorite. Probably mostly adventure games but do like sports games also.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on....

Hell sometimes I feel like I'm the one that has to run and hide. lol
Everyone here gears up when it comes to Steelers football. Kids put on their jerseys, wife grabs her towal and stands on the coffee table and i sometimes have to wear earplugs just in case she starts screaming when the steelers score

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do ?

We have a shot before the start of a game to wish them luck and we toast to every score.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage....

Nacho's with cheese/chili dip and Long Island Ice Teas with a shot of whatever she's drinking

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime.....

Unfortunatlly I havn't but I will be there if its the last thing I ever do. I've been to training camp a few time does that count...lol

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ?

Three Rivers Stadium, Because that is where some of the best Steelers history was played

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"

Immaculate Reception, A play that will never be duplicated.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks for sharing , good read !!

Dako
06-18-2007, 01:01 AM
good read!

Prosdo
06-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Cool interview!

floodcitygirl
06-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks for doing the interview. Great to hear more about you. My very best to you on your endeavors with your new money saving venture! :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
06-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Great stuff Capt! :bigthumb:

steelersgal86
06-18-2007, 07:20 AM
:yesnod:Very good interview :bigthumb:

Bucsfan4ever
06-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Glad to see more about the Capt...great interview!!

I grew up a St. Louis Cardinals fan (before they moved to AZ) but I loved watching Terry Bradshaw and Lynn Swann...sweet memories! Never forget that game with all the ice...that was REAL football...now they have domes!!

PsychoWard
06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
very cool interview!

25MVPKing
06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for taking the time!

okiesteeler
06-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for sharing Capt

DIESELMAN
06-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Nice interview Capt.!!!

BlitzburghNation
06-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Another great interview :clap:

We've got something in common cap,,,,,,,I also drive a truck :popcorn:

Steelersfan
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Great read Capt! Best of luck on the drinking and thanks for sharing.

Steelerlyn
06-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Thanks to SA's endeavor to be member-friendly FIRST, the member spotlight was created. It is a great way to get to know you a little better. I have always liked you and now I have more reasons to feel that way.

Great interview :bigthumb:

BigDawg22
06-22-2007, 11:07 AM
A Steelers fan for 31 or 32 years and he's never been to a game. That's crazy! Almost sad. Some of you Steeler freaks should take this guy to a game.

steelersgal86
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
A Steelers fan for 31 or 32 years and he's never been to a game. That's crazy! Almost sad. Some of you Steeler freaks should take this guy to a game.

Hey now....I have never been to game either and I am sure there are alot more fans that have not...see you live a whole 40 minutes from your ****** team and people are always giving away tickets for free because no one wants to watch them lose so you can go anytime...I had a chance to go once and blew it...and I dont think Clevestinks will give me another chance...:dunno:

BigDawg22
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey now....I have never been to game either and I am sure there are alot more fans that have not...see you live a whole 40 minutes from your ****** team and people are always giving away tickets for free because no one wants to watch them lose so you can go anytime...I had a chance to go once and blew it...and I dont think Clevestinks will give me another chance...:dunno:

And you call yourself a fan!!!:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Blitzburghpete
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Great interview and good luck with the new money in hand. Keep it going bro.

At least i don;t feel so bad now that i've gone 28 years and never seen a game live. Someone has beaten me. At least i have the excuse of being in another continent though!! heheheheh

Stlrs4Life
07-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Nice interview Capt.