PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben One Year Later

Steelerlyn
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
http://steelers.scout.com/2/651132.html

Well, it sort of sounds like typical spring training "happy talk"...everything is right with the world, Ben is happy, in shape and throwing well. I hope its all true but a lot of things look great in June. :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

PsychoWard
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
can't way to see how he performs this year!!!

Steelerlyn
06-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I need more of that "say it ain't so" little kid blind enthusiasm. Having to support things with reason and facts is sometimes counter to being a fan.:hilarious: :tt02:

Blitzburghpete
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
When he returned, Roethlisberger was much more mistake prone and looked restless in the pocket all season. Former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, now the Arizona Cardinals coach, believes the accident and its aftermath might have negatively affected Roethlisberger's play.

"Looking back, I'm sure it did," Whisenhunt said. "Maybe it took a little longer for him to get over that than we thought. You could tell early in the season, he just wasn't as comfortable as he was before."

The quarterback's statistics were much worse a season ago than in his first two seasons, and the Steelers went from winning the Super Bowl to missing the playoffs with an 8-8 record.

Roethlisberger finished with 18 touchdown passes and 23 interceptions, compared to 17 touchdowns and nine interceptions the season before. His passer rating dropped from 98.6 in 2005, third best among NFL starting quarterbacks, to 75.4 -- putting him 29th among QBs with 100 or more attempts.

However, Roethlisberger disputes Whisenhunt's notion and is convinced that bad throwing, not bad injuries, were to blame for his falloff in production.

"A lot of good things and some bad things (happened since last year), but I'm blessed, I truly am, to be out here," Roethlisberger said. "It's a beautiful day to be on this football field with my teammates."

The above is a quote from NFL.com. I wasn't hear last year to voice this but i really think Cowher missed a trick with Ben and should have benched him till about week 6 or so and played Batch.
Batch was doing a great job plus i mean it's not rocket science is it if someone get physically beat up like Ben did it was obvious it was gonna effect his play for a bit. Finally now Whizz has gone he's spoken up and said the same thing. I've highlighted the bit i want to talk about. IF they could see it why didn't they do anything about it?

Poor coaching i think

SteelersWoman
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
... I wasn't hear last year to voice this but i really think Cowher missed a trick with Ben and should have benched him till about week 6 or so and played Batch.
Batch was doing a great job plus i mean it's not rocket science is it if someone get physically beat up like Ben did it was obvious it was gonna effect his play for a bit.

The majority of us felt that way Pete, and we voiced it on here.

Finally now Whizz has gone he's spoken up and said the same thing. ...IF they could see it why didn't they do anything about it? Poor coaching i think

Cowher let us all down (player's included) last year. I don't think his head OR his heart was where it should've been.