PDA

View Full Version : Hindsight

BlackGold4vr
06-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Last year after the draft was concluded, I was upset that the Steelers had the opportunity to take Lendale White and didn't. I thought that he may have been the heir apparent to our power running game with Jerome gone.

Thank God the management doesn't follow the wishes of it's biggest fans! Lendale has turned out to be a fat lazy pig. The Titans were counting on Lendale becoming their feature back this year with the loss of Travis Henry and he came into their mini-camp heavier and slower than he's ever been. It has left them in a bad situation where they may need to play their rookie back a lot more than they were hoping too. Is there anything worse than a player with talent who is lazy?

Anyway, apparently those front office guys know football players a lot better than I do. Glad Lendale White is the Titans problem and not ours. I believe he went to them in the second round.........what a waste!

:popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I wanted Holmes really bad last year and was stoked when the Steelers traded up to draft him...I wasn't against the drafting of LenDale White but did get concerned about the red flags that popped up before the draft on White...I remember reading one AFC scout said that White looked like he needed a bra....lol

DIESELMAN
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I remember always reading about White's screwed up work ethic. The minute I hear something like that I'm all against them...where theres smoke...theres fire.

BlackGold4vr
06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Some people had the Titans slightly improving this year and possibly competing for one of the wildcard spots. I doubt that this will happen if the Titans don't have a running game. One dimensional teams rarely make the playoffs and are too easy to gameplan against. Unless Vince Young can take 90% of the offense on his own shoulders and be their top runner and top passer. If he tried it wouldn't last too long. I don't think that they will be able to match last seasons win total of 8. I think in that division the finishing order will be:

1. Colts 13-3
2. Jags 10-6
3. Titans 6-8
4. Texans 4-12

And if fatboy White doesn't shed weight and show some speed in the Titans training camp he won't even make their 53 man roster.

steelcurtain09
06-13-2007, 09:31 PM
i thought the Titans had the best first two picks in the draft of any team last year
obviously they made a bad call on White's character or they thought they could straighten him out and have failed
im glad we did not take him seeing how well Holmes has done
i wanted a WR all the way in the first last year and i got wht i wanted
if we had taken White wed be lookin back right now and kickin ourselves (the FO would be) for takin him

manofsteel
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I thought the Tiatans had a pretty solid first two picks. I was not upset the Steelers didnt get White. I didnt know of his laziness but I always knew he wasnt going to be our feature back. Besides now with Davenport or Barlow well be alright at power back for a lot cheaper deal

SteelerDave74
06-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I am stoked about Holmes this season. He should be the biggest name player this season. Tennessee had the opportunity last season to have the real deal, but LenDale never panned out. He will become like Ki-Jana Carter and other potentials never come about players.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
I thought the Tiatans had a pretty solid first two picks. I was not upset the Steelers didnt get White. I didnt know of his laziness but I always knew he wasnt going to be our feature back. Besides now with Davenport or Barlow well be alright at power back for a lot cheaper deal

The way that White has shown up to camp last year and they way he's shown up this year so far Im glad we didn't take him either.

ARKIESTEEL
07-06-2007, 07:54 AM
The way that White has shown up to camp last year and they way he's shown up this year so far Im glad we didn't take him either.

Do you think he would have slacked off so much if he knew he was going to have to talk to Bill about it.....you have to think the Titans are soft they put up with Pac man. I for one was not happy when we let him get by us. It turned out ok but atthe time i thought we screwed up