PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' South Side establishment embraces Taylor

BlitzburghRockCity
06-10-2007, 12:28 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_511904.html

By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, June 10, 2007

Atop the rather nondescript rectangular building on the corner of Carson and 26th streets hangs a banner that reads "Home of Ike Taylor's Mafia."

Inside the South Side bar and restaurant, not far from where autographed pictures of "The Sopranos" stars adorn a wall, manager Alisa Cafaro, the unofficial boss of what has became Taylor's other family, talks about the unlikely circumstance that led to the adoption of the Steelers' cornerback -- so to speak.

Taylor, to be sure, is a regular at Excuses Bar & Grill (note to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin: fear not, because plenty of sparkling water is kept on hand for him). And it is easy to see why the fourth-year pro feels comfortable in what he refers to as another home.

"Ike Taylor's PO' Boy sandwich," a nod to his Cajun roots that can best be described as a spicy hoagie, is on the menu, and at Excuses, the No. 24 signifies more than just his jersey number. It is also the selection on the jukebox that plays "Ike Ike Baby," an ode to Taylor by two brothers that is a take on the 1990 hit "Ice Ice Baby" by rapper Vanilla Ice.

So I can eat a Roethlisburger and PO Boy sandwhich all in 1 day ! :lol: Sounds like a recipe for indigestion to me.

BlitzburghNation
06-10-2007, 01:23 AM
So I can eat a Roethlisburger and PO Boy sandwhich all in 1 day ! :lol: Sounds like a recipe for indigestion to me.

Yep,,,,,,,,:lol::lol::lol:

steelersgal86
06-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Wow...both in one day???? Yeah that does sound like trouble....:dunno::lol:

manofsteel
06-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Ill have to stop in and inquire about that sandwich