PDA

View Full Version : PFW on Ben

Steelerlyn
06-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Pro Football Weekly's annual preview issue is out, and they have this to say about Ben. I thought the comments were on the money.

This could be the year Ben Roethlisberger gets his name mentioned with the elite at his position. If that happens, it will be a year later than expected. Roethlisberger didn't make much progress as a passer in 2006. He missed summer practice time because of a motorcycle accident and missed Week 1 with appendicitis. Roethlisberger rushed back into action in Week Two, and threw two interceptions in a shutout loss at Jacksonville. This kicked off a campaign in which he threw two or more interceptions in 8-of-15 games. Roethlisberger is guilty of thinking his arm is stronger than it actually is, which leads to some badly underthrown deep balls. He will also birddog his primary target. But he is very dangerous when he's in rhythm. He has a feel for the game which cannot be taught. He will stand in the pocket until the last instant, buy time by sliding in the pocket and deliver the ball on time to an open receiver. Once he cuts down on the turnovers, he'll be something special.

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
I have no idea who wrote that, but it's pretty much what most of already think about Ben, so I'd rate it right on the money too.

I DO think he's stronger (and got a stronger arm) this year than ever before though. So while that arm strength statement may have held true before, I don't think it will as much this season.

AZ_Steeler
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Obviously this writer hangs out on message boards and steals what everyone else has been saying and pulls it all together and turns it in as "his/her" story and collects a paycheck!

Steelerlyn
06-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Obviously this writer hangs out on message boards and steals what everyone else has been saying and pulls it all together and turns it in as "his/her" story and collects a paycheck!

LOL never put alot into PFW

25MVPKing
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
So, how does one get such a job?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Whenever I read stories like this it just reinforces all the more how much more we all know about our team than these supposed experts !

This is Ben's year to shine, he's on verge this year of almost a make or break career. If he comes back solid and has a good year then he's right back on track to becoming an elite QB and his franchise status as our QB is intact. If he struggles again, assuming he stays healthy, then the question marks will become even more prevalent.

BLACKNGOLD4LIFE
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
the truth is the article was on point about ben, any way during the carolina game last year he admitted that he just recently started working out,if ben stays with the workouts learn how 2 hit the recievers n stride an learns 2 throw the ball away when an play goes bad instead of trying 2 make an play(bengals game last year n pittsburgh) then he will b one of the elite qb's n the nfl with that said he will b ok if he stay off his motorcycle.............GO STEELERS

K Train
06-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Pro Football Weekly's annual preview issue is out, and they have this to say about Ben. I thought the comments were on the money.

This could be the year Ben Roethlisberger gets his name mentioned with the elite at his position. If that happens, it will be a year later than expected. Roethlisberger didn't make much progress as a passer in 2006. He missed summer practice time because of a motorcycle accident and missed Week 1 with appendicitis. Roethlisberger rushed back into action in Week Two, and threw two interceptions in a shutout loss at Jacksonville. This kicked off a campaign in which he threw two or more interceptions in 8-of-15 games. Roethlisberger is guilty of thinking his arm is stronger than it actually is, which leads to some badly underthrown deep balls. He will also birddog his primary target. But he is very dangerous when he's in rhythm. He has a feel for the game which cannot be taught. He will stand in the pocket until the last instant, buy time by sliding in the pocket and deliver the ball on time to an open receiver. Once he cuts down on the turnovers, he'll be something special.
lol.....duh

BlitzburghNation
06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
:tt02::tt02: :clap: :tt02::tt02:

I truly believe the steelers will be a surprise to the rest of the league :popcorn: