PDA

View Full Version : PFW on The Steelers

Steelerlyn
06-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Pro Football Weekly's summary of the 2007 Steelers:

"Transition is never easy," Tomlin said early in the offseason. "I'm OK with that. Soon they will be. That's what this business is about. It's good to be a little uncomfortable." The Steelers are banking on a little change to shake up a team that seemed both distracted and stagnant last season. They have the talent to win the division and contend in the AFC. If their hunger and focus returns, the Steelers will be formidable.

Predicted order of finish:

Ravens 11-5
Bengals 10-6
Steelers 7-9
Browns 5-11

They obviously do not think the 'hunger and focus' will return. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
As I said in the other post--I have no idea who writes for PFW, but...

Bengals 10-6
Steelers 7-9

??????????? How could anyone POSSIBLY have us winnin 3 less games than the Bengals?????????

They have the talent to win the division and contend in the AFC. If their hunger and focus returns, the Steelers will be formidable.

Now THAT sounds more like it!!!! :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
:wtf: 7-9!!??!!??!! Let me try and stick my head up my *** about as far as they did and see if I can understand fully how they think the Steelers will finish 7-9 :smh2:

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I just can't get over that--I just don't get how they think the BENGALS--who we had the same record as AND beat out of the playoffs last year, and they really didn't do so well in their draft, they have some key players who're gonna be sittin on the bench for a few games, they'll probably have several more get in trouble with the law during the '07 season, and the writer has the NERVE to say that we're gonna win THREE LESS games than them???? How bad exactly would we have to be to go 3 less than the Bengals???? I sure hope our guys are readin that and that it fires them up to TEAR UP the division!!!

Exactly AZ--it's for sure their head's not where it SHOULD be lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-08-2007, 03:28 PM
These people just don't see the way team is responding and see all the stuff that we read and talk about every day. All they see is Joey Porter gone, Faneca unhappy, Cowher gone, new offense, and they think we'll automatically struggle.

Im not saying we'll go 13-3 or anything next year but still I certainly don't see us going 7-9 quite yet :wtf:

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't even have as much problem with the writer sayin we'll be goin 7-9 IF--IF they had the Bengals at 6-10 or 5-12....lol ;)

But to have us that far below them is just unbelievable to me--and I'll get off my soapbox now :P

25MVPKing
06-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree. I'll buy 7-9 if anyone (including anyone from Cincy) can sell me on the Bengals being 10-6. They must not watch the NFL. It's the same as saying the Dolphins will be 13-3, the Saints 3-13, and the Cardinals meeting the Raiders in Super Bowl XLII.