PDA

View Full Version : Pete Shrager's Power Rankings

BlackGold4vr
06-08-2007, 01:53 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6897650?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Definitely DO NOT agree with the 16th place rank. Perhaps we earned that after last seasons performance. But if we earned the 16th place ranking why are the Bungholio's at #10? Didn't we finish with the same record and didn't we knock them out of the playoffs? Go ahead and overlook the Black & Gold. That will give us the opportunity to completely shock the nation when our team steamrolls some of the teams ranked ahead of us. Black & Gold will get back to being one of the top 5 teams in the league.........that's my prediction.

:markit:

DIESELMAN
06-08-2007, 02:25 AM
We could be ranked 32nd for all I care. Its how we are going to tear the league up and finish that will matter. :banana:

BlitzburghNation
06-08-2007, 03:38 AM
We could be ranked 32nd for all I care. Its how we are going to tear the league up and finish that will matter. :banana:

yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,:tt02:

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 05:39 AM
..if we earned the 16th place ranking why are the Bungholio's at #10? Didn't we finish with the same record and didn't we knock them out of the playoffs?...

That's what I'd like to know too! We should've earned at least one spot above them for that very reason. However--it sounds like Pete (who sounds like he REALLY doesn't like us much) has us in 16th place mainly because of an inappropriate email--and not based on what our team is capable of doin on the field at all, so he's goin by his emotions :2cents:

.... Its how we are going to tear the league up and finish that will matter..

This is true!:tt02:

25MVPKing
06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
He wouldn't be the first sports writer to eat his words at the end of a season.

Blitzburgh55
06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Steelers havent done anything this offseason to be in the top10 we lost Joey Porter and gainied pretty much no one

25MVPKing
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Steelers havent done anything this offseason to be in the top10 we lost Joey Porter and gainied pretty much no one
We may not have gained anyone with NFL experience, but Timmons/Woodley/Sepulveda/Baker have a lot of d@mn potential.

Blitzburgh55
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
We may not have gained anyone with NFL experience, but Timmons/Woodley/Sepulveda/Baker have a lot of d@mn potential.

u can say that about anyone draft

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 04:31 PM

But didn't the Bengals lose big Sam Adams whom they relied on very heavily? (no pun intended) And don't they have several key players sitting out several games? And it doesn't seem that they did as well in the draft as we did (at least in my estimation).

So yeah--we lost Joey (there are some who think it's not that great a loss, although I'm not one of them) but they've lost a lot more, so all we're (at least all EYE'M) sayin is how can that writer put us 6 places behind the Bengals? The writer really didn't make any sense--all he seemed to harp on was an inappropriate email concerning our team.

Hawk Believer
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Better to be given less respect at this point than too much. At least in pro football.

SteelersWoman
06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh, after what happened last season, I agree Hawk--but I never did care much for things I couldn't make LOGical sense of, and it wouldn't have bothered me near as much if that writer had us at 30th place as long as he had the Bengals below us (or at LEAST closer than 6 spots away) ESPECially since the Bengals have done nothing to prove they SHOULD be rated so much higher. But that's just my opinion, and as I said in the other thread that I'm on a rampage about the Bengal/Steeler thing over, I'll get off my soapbox now lol

25MVPKing
06-08-2007, 05:52 PM
u can say that about anyone draft
And yet, without playing a down of football, which NFL teams had better drafts than the Steelers?