PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper

Blitzburghpete
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Chaps ( and chapesses )

I know there isn't any talk of it, but just wondered, if the price was right would you want Culpepper as our number 2?

Just a thought as suposing he is now fit and healthy, would be an upgrade for us again if the price was right, and 6th round doesn't seem to bad.

?????????????????????????????????

AZ_Steeler
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
:imho: The dude isn't even worthy of a number 2 spot. He has issues hanging onto the ball and it's bad enough to lose your primary guy, but to have him come off the bench with those issues is to big a risk. Yeah, he's a QB and turnovers are expected for how much they handle the ball but his turnovers stats look like career stats for most guys!

I wouldn't even put a tag on it, or make an offer. Batch is the Steelers guy and he quite dependable! :bigthumb:

SteelerSal
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Chaps ( and chapesses )

I know there isn't any talk of it, but just wondered, if the price was right would you want Culpepper as our number 2?

Just a thought as suposing he is now fit and healthy, would be an upgrade for us again if the price was right, and 6th round doesn't seem to bad.

?????????????????????????????????

I would rather have a healthy Charlie Batch than Culpepper.
We never want to see the #2 QB in the ball game exept for mop up duty, but when we needed one because Ben was hurt, Batch did a great job. IMO

Blitzburghpete
06-07-2007, 06:12 PM
i haven't seen to much of his play but have seen his stats. Supose he was fit and ready, would he be a good fit for our system?

As for Batch, i wasn't here last year to voice this, but i rate him highly too, and personally with all the troubles Ben had last year would have been happy for batch to have started until say week 6-7 for ben to get recouperated properly. Batch won for us against the fins, and brought us into the game v the Falcons, and i think we could have made the playoffs if Cowher had the guts to keep Ben on the bench for longer at the start of the season. Maybe a discussion for another day so back to culpepper.

Is he that much of a bust to not even warrent a 6th round. even if he was back to somewhere near his viking days i still think he would be worth a 6th rounder and a pay cut

SteelerSal
06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Is he that much of a bust to not even warrent a 6th round. even if he was back to somewhere near his viking days i still think he would be worth a 6th rounder and a pay cut

He is damaged goods. When he came out, he had the help of Chris Carter and Randy Moss to catch the deep ball. He also used his legs and was a beast to bring down when he ran with the ball. He never was groomed from raw talent to NFL QB and he has trouble reading defensive coverages. He can't rely on his legs anymore so he is one dimensional and a below average QB at best.

BlackGold4vr
06-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't even want Culpepper to be the towel boy. He is washed up. Can't evade the rush anymore, never could read coverages, below average pass accuracy.......to summarize......he sucks! Would love to see him on another AFC North team. Maybe the Bungholio's or the Brownstain's

Black@Gold Forever32
06-07-2007, 06:59 PM
We have our starter in Big Ben.....We have a quality backup in Batch...So no I don't want Daunte at all....even if he was healthy and the price was right....I hope he can comeback healthy and sign with another team though... I always liked Culpepper...But the Steelers have no need for a QB at the moment...

Stairwayto7
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
no no no no no

K Train
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Culpepper had one amazing year with minny when he passes for 4700 yards and 39 TDs. Hes as dumb as a rock and couldnt read a JV coverage. Not to mention his knee is a liability....that tear was terrible. Without moss culpepper is nothing. Heres an intersting fact....out of culpeppers first 82 games he fumbled 84 times....lol

PsychoWard
06-07-2007, 07:54 PM
no thanks i'll take a healthy batch any day of the week

DIESELMAN
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Without Moss Culpepper ain't worth a whole lot. Hes still rehabbin and hasn't even be cleared to pratice. He won't be ready to play anytime soon, hell if the Fins don't want him, we damn sure don't want him.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
No way, keep Culpepper away from us. The dude isn't worthy of a backup spot right now. He needs to take another year off and recoup before he thinks about playing again.

SteelerSteve
06-08-2007, 02:06 AM
I heard that he could possibly go to baltimore or st. louis, keep him away from us though.

25MVPKing
06-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Charlie Batch knows our offense so well, and can run it so well in both mop-up and starter duty, there are few guys in the league I'd rather have as my #2 at this point. Batch has proven himself a damn-good Steeler, even if it's as a backup.

Blitzburghpete
06-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey Guys,
I was watching what they got on NFL.com and the free vids, and read alittle too, and they are saying that for Dante to be succesful it would be good for him to go to the Jags.
Del Rio uses a run first offence, and then Dante can throw some long balls to stretch the dee....... but hang on wouldn't that fit Pitt pretty good too?

I mean run first offence and then bombs to Wshington and Holmes with Hines, Wilson and Miller underneath?

Add to this Dante wants to be released insted of traded so he can completely restructure his contract to be that of a back up Qb's.

I think this boils down to what you think of him. Yeah Randy moss made him look good in Minnesota, but we have some pretty darn good receviers too now.

I just have this feeling he has a lot left in the tank and the opportunity is there to grab a high risk, but high reward Qb at cut price?

K Train
06-10-2007, 01:31 PM
dude, culpepper sucks and hes not gonna be cheap

BlitzburghRockCity
06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Culpepper is whining and complaining to the Dolphins that he wants to be released not traded. The dude is trying to force their hand and just generally turning into an ***. He's not worth anything IMO.

RckyMtnStlrFan
06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Culpepper is a bum. Batch is the best #2 IMO.

25MVPKing
06-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Culpepper is whining and complaining to the Dolphins that he wants to be released not traded. The dude is trying to force their hand and just generally turning into an ***. He's not worth anything IMO.
Of course he wants to be cut. What other quality veteran would rather be traded than be released? If he's cut, he can go where he wants. Same with Joey. Joey could go anywhere in the league he wanted to go, because Pittsburgh cut him. If the Steelers would have traded him, he would have ended up in some $h!thole like Detriot, Arizona, or Cleveland.

Ambridge
06-11-2007, 05:19 PM

The situation is made worse because Culpepper has no representation and is officially his own Agent. He doesn't have a third party who might try and talk some business compromise to both him and the Dolphins.

Steelerlyn
06-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Do you think Culpepper would be a good fit/insurance policy for the Steelers?

Ben Roethlisberger is no lock to be a 10-year great player in the NFL. We still have to see him string several good games together, and several good seasons. The only problem with bringing Culpepper to Pittsburgh is that at some point he's going to demand to play, and if Roethlisberger is healthy and
competent, that chance won't be there. So for one year, I think it
would work, but maybe not long-term.

What do you think?

Captcoolhand
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't want to see them waste cap space on him:2cents:

BlackGold4vr
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Do you think Culpepper would be a good fit/insurance policy for the Steelers?

What do you think?

Oh, hell no! Culpepper sucks ***. He was an overated QB who had 2 potential HOF WR's Chris Carter and Randy Moss who caught anything thrown into their zip code. When they left so too did his success as an NFL QB. So here are a few reasons why the Steelers shouldn't and most likely won't waste their time with this terd.

1. He still hasn't played since his major knee reconstruction 3 years ago. (it's been one of the longest knee rehabs in pro-football history)
2. If he ever does play again he will be very immobile (picture Dan Marino his last couple years who couldn't move hardly at all in the pocket)
3. He never was an accurate passer (relied on 2 superstars to pull in a lot of bad throws)
4. Charlie Batch is a far better QB and he knows our system well.
5. Will want top dollars because he played in a pro-bowl once 4 or 5 years ago.
6. Never did show the ability to read defenses.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
06-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, hell no! Culpepper sucks ***. He was an overated QB who had 2 potential HOF WR's Chris Carter and Randy Moss who caught anything thrown into their zip code. When they left so too did his success as an NFL QB. So here are a few reasons why the Steelers shouldn't and most likely won't waste their time with this terd.

1. He still hasn't played since his major knee reconstruction 3 years ago. (it's been one of the longest knee rehabs in pro-football history)
2. If he ever does play again he will be very immobile (picture Dan Marino his last couple years who couldn't move hardly at all in the pocket)
3. He never was an accurate passer (relied on 2 superstars to pull in a lot of bad throws)
4. Charlie Batch is a far better QB and he knows our system well.
5. Will want top dollars because he played in a pro-bowl once 4 or 5 years ago.

yeah i agree that Charlie Batch is a better QB than Culpepper but I do like culpepper and would like to see him start somewhere.

BlackGold4vr
06-13-2007, 02:32 PM
yeah i agree that Charlie Batch is a better QB than Culpepper but I do like culpepper and would like to see him start somewhere.

Yeah, I'd love to see him start for the Bungholio's or the Ratbirds. Either one would be a downgrade for those teams. Maybe the Brownstains can take him in case Quinn needs some mentoring on how to NOT play QB.

:hilarious:

SteelerNerd
06-13-2007, 03:13 PM
if we needed a qb sure

Captcoolhand
06-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I rather see FA (WR) Randy Hymes sign here before Culpepper. :yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
06-13-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm merging this with another Culpepper thread...

Captcoolhand
06-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm merging this with another Culpepper thread...
I was about to say,I thought i posted to the wrong thread.:lol:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
do we still have st.pierre becuase if we don't we really should get a 3rd string
but not culpepper

25MVPKing
06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah we still have St. Pierre on the roster.

I actually think they're aren't too many spots that we need to fill anymore. And what we do need to fill, I feel like there's not much in the way of available talent in the free agency pool/on the trade block.

Steelerlyn
06-13-2007, 03:55 PM
LOL cripe if he is that bad can I withdraw the post? LOL

Stlrs4Life
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I knew wht this thread was about even before opening it. No, no, no!