PDA

View Full Version : Q&A Willie Reid.....

DIESELMAN
06-06-2007, 01:30 AM
The Steelers expect big things from Willie Reid in the return game this season, but Reid has missed two weeks of OTAs with an injured foot. He talks about it below.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/341288.jpg

How are things going with the foot?

Good. No need to be nervous, nothing like that. Itís just a small little procedure and right now we donít want to go too fast on it to make sure everythingís healthy in the next couple weeks.

Is it related to the injury from last year?

Somewhat; a little bit, but nothing really serious to the point where it will bother me. Weíre just taking little small precautions right now. Thereís no need to rush it back or anything like that.

You looked good the first week. How did you feel?

I felt real comfortable. I felt real good, solid. My footís doing well and Iím getting back in the groove of things, so Iím doing real well.

And then what happened? Did you hurt it one day?

It just ended up a little sore and started messing up just a tad bit and we donít want to push it or anything like that, so weíre just going to lay off for a full couple of weeks then Iíll be straight.

What exactly was the problem last year with the foot?

Itís the left foot, the mid foot, called a Lis Franc.

Arenít those very serious?

Yeah, itís a serious injury and itís something Iíve battled back from and Iíve done a real good job of doing it. Iíve come a long way. I donít want to take any steps back.

And this is another Lis Franc?

No, no, no, no. This is something real minor. Itís a different part of the foot. Itís not a Lis Franc, oh no.

So youíll be ready to go the first day of training camp?

Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah. Iíll be ready to go in the next couple weeks.

By Jim Wexell
SteelCityInsider.com
Posted 5 June 2007

Try and clear some stuff up about Willie's injury. Last years was a whole lot worse, so heres hoping he'll be suited up come kickoff.

AZ_Steeler
06-06-2007, 01:47 AM
That's actually a comforting read after hearing Ricardo was returning punts today! :bigthumb: I'm looking forward to seeing what this dude can do this year because we didn't see much last year...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-06-2007, 06:20 AM
That's very comforting to read, now let's just hope he's not downplaying it and it ends up turning into some ongoing thing.

A Lis Franc injury can end your career if it's not treated right or just doesn't quite heal the way you want it too so he better be damn careful !

DIESELMAN
06-06-2007, 10:25 AM
This will be interesting to follow throughout the camps and preseason. Also keep an eye on Kevin Jones up in Detroit, he just had surgery for the same kind of injury, just to see how his holds up.

ARKIESTEEL
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I realy think the bad handles we had on punts last season cost us the playoffs

SteelerSal
06-07-2007, 10:14 AM
No, no, no, no. This is something real minor. Itís a different part of the foot. Itís not a Lis Franc, oh no.

So youíll be ready to go the first day of training camp?

Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah. Iíll be ready to go in the next couple weeks.

If this in fact is true, I can't wait to see him on the field,BUT, this interveiw sounds like he is keeping something from the press.IMO

25MVPKing
06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Great potential here, I look forward to seeing him in the regular season