PDA

View Full Version : Bears' Johnson draws eight-game suspension.....

DIESELMAN
06-05-2007, 08:17 AM
The Chicago Bears defensive tackle was suspended Monday for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season, the third player sidelined this offseason under Goodell's toughened personal-conduct policy.

Johnson, who will be allowed to attend training camp and play in the preseason, seemed to accept his punishment. "I think it's an opportunity for me to move forward," he said in Lake Forest, Ill., where the Bears are conducting offseason workouts.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6885758

Looks like Goodell is on a roll, thats good to hear. This should if it hasn't already wake some players up. Of course theres always a handful who think they're untouchable, I can't wait to see if anything happens to Vick.

Ambridge
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I think Goodell's Punishment Policy is great and will be the cornerstone of his legacy as the Commissioner.

I'm with you Dieselman about Mike Vick. Should Vick get charged with the dog-fighting mess I hope Goodell drops the hammer on him and the Falcons.

Dan
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Good Tank deserves this, I said we should have released him last year, he's not even that good, and he's a disgrace to the organization. He can go play for the Bengals

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
If this is what it takes to clean up the league so be it...I am anxious to see what if anyhting happens to Vick...

25MVPKing
06-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Makes me feel better about ticket prices, when they're at least enforcing rules and suspending these guys. :bigthumb: