PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: FloodCityGirl

AZ_Steeler
06-04-2007, 12:15 AM
FloodCityGirl

Steeler Addict - FloodCityGirl took a few minutes of her time to allow everyone to get to know her a little more by answering the questions for this month's SA Member Spotlight. Check it out!

How long have you been a Steeler fan? All my life.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? I was born and raised about an hour 1/2 from Pittsburgh. I had no choice...it's in my blood!

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Troy Polamalu

Why are they your favorite player? I appreciate the dedication that he displays towards his faith and family and the passion that he brings to the field. I love it when he seems to just "swoop in" out of nowhere!

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Jack Lambert. I had the opportunity to be a part of bringing him to Cincy for a signing last year.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? Sooo many times watching games on tv with my Dad and older brothers. But my new fav was going to the game in Pittsburgh last year, my first game there, on my birthday with good friends, and meeting up with Dom at his tailgate. It was a blast!

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? They don't like it when you call it a sport, but I enjoy martial arts.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? TG invited me.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? I had posted with some members of SA on another site for some time. It's been amazing to me that I never got to know many of them until I came here. I think the creator of the site and the incredible staff have created an atmosphere where people feel comfortable to be themselves, which really allows you to get to know one another. I'm thankful for those people, and the new folks I've met here. Living in Cincy and so far from my family, SA is a respite and a connection to my roots for me.

What do you do for a living? Mom. And a Police, Fire, EMS, 911 Dispatcher

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I conquered my fear of heights by rappelling a 250 ft cliff. I liked it well enough that I've done it many times.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? My shrimp boils and turtle cake! And hopefully for being a loyal and trustworthy friend.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Durango

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? Living closer to my family.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? My boys fitness, reading, decorating.

Favorite TV show? The only 3 I watch regularly...Prison Break, 24, ER

Favorite video games? I don't play them.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? My boys will watch with me some although I do scare them a little at times. lol I don't usually take my 4 yr old to Martinos though.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do ? Head to Martinos with my terrible towel to meet up with Stillers4me and friends.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Pittsburgh Steak Salad and Mich Ultra Amber

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? Around 12.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ? I was only ever at Heinz Field.....beautiful stadium...such a sense of history and nostalgia.

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"? Why do I have to pick??? I like them both the best!

House of Steel
06-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Very Nice Interview!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Great stuff FCG ! Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts with us :bigthumb:

Prosdo
06-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Nice interview!

DIESELMAN
06-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Nice interview!!! Good stuff, so when is your next shrimp boil? :banana:

Steelerlyn
06-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Great learning a little more about you Pam, great interview. You sound like the really nice person I thought you were :)

steelersgal86
06-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Very nice FCG...we got to learn some new things about you...:plus1:

spent
06-04-2007, 08:36 AM
too good......I always enjoy reading about die-hard fans!

Dako
06-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Very interesting reading.... :clap:

AZ_Steeler
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks for sharing FCG! :bigthumb: Good Stuff!

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Great interview !! Good stuff !! :tt02:

PsychoWard
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
very nice!!! i guess you are a nice person after all!! j/k :lol:

25MVPKing
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Great read; keep 'em coming!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM

Yeah really, who knew ? :lol: :lol:

BBG7
06-04-2007, 04:02 PM
great interview FCG!!! Thanks for taking the time to awnser the questions so we get a chance to know you better!

floodcitygirl
06-04-2007, 05:36 PM

Yeah really, who knew ? :lol: :lol:I never knew it was in question with people???!!! :jawdrop: :dunno: :banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Just come on over and I'll show you how to make some real pizza and we'll call it even :lol:

Stlrs4Life
06-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Watch it psycho!:nono:

Thanks fcg. Hope to see ya at another future tailgate. Great interview.

BlitzburghNation
06-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Great interview :clap:

Bucsfan4ever
06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Nice meeting you thru the interview, FCG!! :bigthumb:

RckyMtnStlrFan
06-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Nice interview. Thanks.:towelwave:

floodcitygirl
06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice interview!!! Good stuff, so when is your next shrimp boil? :banana:My next one will be at the beach, shortly...all are welcome! But Dieselman, if you want a shrimp boil when you get back, you just let me know. We'll find a way to get an SA party together and make it happen! :bigthumb:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I enjoy my time here. SA is a great site. Thanks to AZ for asking me to do the interview. :cope:

SteelersWoman
06-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Enjoyed readin that Flood, thanks for sharin :)

ARKIESTEEL
06-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Nice interveiw...............hope the next one is about someone a little more fun! just messing around good read

okiesteeler
06-13-2007, 10:44 AM
another great member spotlight

stillers4me
06-23-2007, 08:26 AM
To my "SteelaSista" and many more victory celebrations at Martino's!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/clinkingbeermugs.gif

BigDawg22
06-23-2007, 10:10 AM
These are pretty fun to read. Nice work!:bigthumb:

manofsteel
06-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Nice interview FCG