PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL owner do you dislike the most?

W8Lifter
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
We all have certain persons we dislike for different reasons. I would like to hear which owner of an NFL team do you dislike the most. :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Well before Daniel Synder became owner of the Skins it was Jerry Jones...Now its Synder without a doubt...He is just an terrible owner...He constantly over spends and its owners like him that drive the market up where teams are paying king's ransom for average players anymore in free agency...All that spending in the Skins continue to suck...lol But thats wants happens when you over spend and throw away draft picks like the Skins have done recently.

SteelersfaninPhilly
06-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Art Moddell - past

Tom benson - present

tonyromo9
06-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Jerry Jones AHHH!!!

Stlrs4Life
06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Art Modell, past. And now a tie between Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

House of Steel
06-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Danny Boy Synder
Al "I am in Denial" Davis
Art "I am really in Denial" Modell

The Best Owner in the NFL: THE ROONEYS OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS :tt02:

kgreen
06-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Jerry Jones

BB2W
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Robert Kraft and Paul Allen... I'm sure they're good people, but I just don't like them. :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Daniel Snyder, the dude is just absolutely worthless and knows nothing about running an NFL team. He's made that painfully obvious year after year. Although I'd have to say anyone involved with the Ratbird organization is always tops on my shiat list !

House of Steel
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I knew you was going to say that, Matt about the Ratturds. That organization is a damn Mob. LOL.

Prosdo
06-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones

Steelerlyn
06-04-2007, 02:08 AM
I have nothing against any of them with the exception of any owner who overpays and drives the price up for players like Alan Faneca. For example if some team drafted a guy (a rookie) playing the same position as AF but paid him more money than AF after this dude's rookie pay scale and the guy has done nothing close to what AF has but Faneca wants more money because of of it. It is just not fair because it all trickles down to the fans and we are currently being outpriced because of situations like this and other business decisions that are pricing the fan out of the game.

SteelerSteve
06-07-2007, 02:24 AM
As far as owners go I have know idea, but anybody who owns the bengals has to be a dumbass:2cents:

SteelerBee43
06-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones

BlitzburghNation
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Jerry Jones & the rest of the "COW-TURDS" :lol:

W8Lifter
06-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I can see why some Steeler fans hold a little bias against the Cowboys. Thats understandable. I lived in PA and had to endure all my Steeler buddies AND girlfriends, who rode me hard all the time about the Cowboys. I also understand you may resent Jerry Jones after the Cowboys won SBXXX.

HOWEVER, let me tell you something you might not know about Jerry Jones.

One thing a lot of fans that dislike Jerry Jones do not know is how he helped shape the NFL to allow teams to have a better chance at being competitive. After JJ bought the Cowboys, he lobbied the NFL to implement the Salary Cap. He did this so the NFL would not allow what happened to baseball.

Those of you that do not know what I mean, baseball has been dominated by the Yankees for over a half a century. Since 1921, the Yankees have 26 World Championship teams and 39 American League pennants. That is because they have a VERY rich owner and the largest market in New York City. That enables them to buy any player they need to win championships and that makes it difficult for less prosperous teams to compete on the same level year after year.

Jerry Jones could have used his wealth and power to do the same thing to the NFL. He explained to the owners that if there was not a system to make the teams with less money competitive, owners like hisself could dominate the NFL by acquiring all the best players. Once JJ informed the other owners how this would help them compete, they voted almost unanimously to adopt a Salary Cap.

There are several other changes that Jerry helped create to make the NFL so popular and prosperous. He was the 1st owner to start marketing rights to an NFL stadium. Coca-Cola was the official sponsor of the NFL. Jerry challenged the NFL and got Pepsi as his drink of choice for Texas Stadium. Whether you like Coke or Pepsi, the fact is JJ was able to open the door to marketing who he chose to create more revenue for his team. Not long after most of other other teams started signing deals with major companies wanting advertisement.

SO, all you Jerry Jones haters should be kissing his butt for not being self serving. He could have used his wealth and power to dominate the NFL, just like Steinbrenner and the Yankees are doing to baseball. His having the wisdom and vision to make the NFL fair helped all the low income teams. Especially for teams like the Buffalo Bills and their whiny owner Ralph Wilson, who is too cheap and antiquated to market his team correctly.
:nono:

Respectfully Submitted