PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Rivalry Ever??

Bassman D
06-02-2007, 02:32 AM
As die-hard fans of our teams, we all have our favorite, or most hated teams to meet in the playoffs. For Steelers fans it could be the old-school match-ups with the Raiders, or the Dolphins, and for the newer era perhaps it's the Ravens, Pats, Indy, or even Cincy.
For Cowboys fans our favored old-school opponents might have been the Vikings, Rams, Bears, or the ever-present Packers, or 49ers.

For my money.....it's the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Our teams have met more times in the Super Bowl than any other opponent combination. And even Cowboys fans would have to admit that two of the greatest Super Bowl match-ups EVER played were Super Bowl X and Super Bowl XIII. (I still swear that if it weren't for Jackie Smith dropping that gift from Staubach in the end zone, we'd have come back and won that one....! LOL!)

We did manage to get a morsel of revenge in Super Bowl XXX, but I have a feeling that we'll get to even up the series one day! But my point is that our teams have met 3 times for the World Championship! No two other franchises in the league can make that claim. And besides......between the two teams we have 10 Super Bowl Championships, and a total of 14 Super Bowl apperances.

Two of the greatest franchises in the history of the NFL have the greatest rivalry in Super Bowl history. And for my money, that makes our teams the greatest rivals in NFL post-season history. What do you think?

:hail::hail::hail:

BlitzburghNation
06-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Nice breakdown :bigthumb: We did have some fierce battles !

Too many new faces on both teams,for that reason, I believe the rivalry is pretty much done :popcorn:

But still doesn't make me hate the cow's any less :lol:

IMO our biggest rivals are Bungholes,Rat-turds,Jag-offs,Patzeez & Brown stains !!!!!!

Bassman D
06-02-2007, 04:13 AM
At least there's one team we can both agree we hate.......

The f'ing Philly-delphia BEAGLES!!!!!

and I've been told that Steeler fans hate them just as much as we do! LOL!

tonyromo9
06-02-2007, 05:11 AM
yeah philly sucks

TINO
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
When I was growing up there were three football fan types. Steeler fans, Cowboy fans, and everyone else. Steelers-Cowboys or the 70's ran into the 90's and people my age still have a hatred for that other team.

As a Saints fan we were never really in the rivalry but had hated teams...lol. The Niners were the tops before the shuffle of the divisions.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I think the Steelers/Cowboys rivalry has a claim to be the best post-season rivalry.....But the Pats/Colts post-season rivalry might be the best current post-season rivalry...

Bassman D
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Great point, BGF!! Actually that's why I posted this! I wanted to see what everybody thinks is the greatest post-season rivalries ever! Currently, Pats V. Indy are always great contest! Probably the best one going right now.

W8Lifter
06-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I would have to say Cowboys/Foreskins or Cowboys/FortyWhiners.

I dont even consider the Egals worthy of a rivalry. They're just a pain in the azz.

As far as teams I dislike the most, the Whiners and that lucky 'Cccccccaa' in the NFC championship. I cant even it....

Stlrs4Life
06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I can undersdtand Bass. But to me the best rivalry of all time probably goes to Green Bay vs Chicago. With the Cowboys/Redskins very close. NCAA College would have to be Ohio St. vs Michigan.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I can undersdtand Bass. But to me the best rivalry of all time probably goes to Green Bay vs Chicago. With the Cowboys/Redskins very close. NCAA College would have to be Ohio St. vs Michigan.

Green Bay/Chicago is the best rivalry in NFL history...But the question was best post-season rivalry in NFL history?

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Depends on what team you root for...I think the rivalry that existed between the STEELERS and the Raiders has to be considered. There was pure hatred between those teams !

SteelerSteve
06-07-2007, 02:28 AM
49ers/cowboys, raiders/steelers.