PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 reciever next year

SteelerSteve
06-01-2007, 04:32 AM
:dunno:Just throwing a question out there because I am bored, who do you predict to have the most receptions next season, Holmes,Ward,or possibly Miller?

Iron City South
06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Holmes will be showcased and get the most grabs. However I see us as an offense that will distribute the ball around to all the targets ... thus he won't lead by much. I expect 3 WR's to have close numbers.

AZ_Steeler
06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
As much as I want to see Holmes succeed and be the goto guy and lead the team, I think it's still going to be Ward. He just got his big contract so he can't start to slip now. Holmes might start off fast but defenses will key in on him later in the season leaving Ward open :bigthumb:

K Train
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
i would like to see holmes get bigger numbers than ward, because that means were moving the ball like crazy, ward will always be clutch but if we get the ball to holmes more then we are having success

BlitzburghRockCity
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Ward is always going to be the go to guy so I'd suspect he'll still lead the team but it won't be by blowout margins or anything. Holmes, Ward, and hopefully our 3rd WR whoever that will be at this point will all be getting the ball often along with Heath !

Steelerlyn
06-01-2007, 12:58 PM
As much as I want to see Holmes succeed and be the goto guy and lead the team, I think it's still going to be Ward. He just got his big contract so he can't start to slip now. Holmes might start off fast but defenses will key in on him later in the season leaving Ward open :bigthumb:

Right on, Chris! We will see how much TE's are used, I do think they will substansially (sp?) incorporate the TE in, much more than previous year, however, I do agree with Chris and for the same reasons he gave, it will be Ward :bigthumb:

PsychoWard
06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
i think ward will still lead the pack but it will be close between all the the wr's and heath also!

ARKIESTEEL
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Big Money Heath Miller:plus1:

steelcitysfinestXL
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
ward will lead in rec. but i think Holmes will lead in yards and tds.. i think that Miller and Spaeth will have a combined 10+ tds. but i dont expect to see heath get over 50 rec. I hope we see dallas baker and reid crack the line up. i like the size and ability of baker and reid is a nightmare with the ball in his hands... hopefully cedric will be cut... nate washington is REALLY gonna have to step up this year becuase WR is DEEP with talented guys!!!! i think this position is gonna be the most fun to watch this year in camp... cant wait to get to St. Vincents!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I would say Ward leads the team in rec. with around 80-90....But I think SCFXL is right that Holmes will lead in yards for sure and has a chance to lead in TDs. But I'm thinking Heath Miller Miller will lead the team with 10+ TDs this year....Along with 50 rec.....I think those three will be th main targers. Then Washington, Spaeth,Wilson/Baker/Reid will fight for the rest of the scraps...

K Train
06-01-2007, 02:26 PM
no count out nate washington, hes very talebted and might be that tall deep threat that all of you cant seem to live without. He was the fastest on our team last year in camp drills, beating out Parker, Taylor, Holmes....he was inconsistant but he was basically a rooie last year and made alot of good plays. He has a very high yards per catch average and i think he could be something special for us, i would love for him to show up wilson at camp

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
no count out nate washington, hes very talebted and might be that tall deep threat that all of you cant seem to live without. He was the fastest on our team last year in camp drills, beating out Parker, Taylor, Holmes....he was inconsistant but he was basically a rooie last year and made alot of good plays. He has a very high yards per catch average and i think he could be something special for us, i would love for him to show up wilson at camp

I'm not counting out Nate at all...I just think the top three in rec. for the Steelers will be Ward, Holmes and Miller.....My only problem with Nate last year was him dropping to many ball after he received contact...Especially that one in the endzone in the first Bengals game last year....If Nate can get alittle tougher this year then he has the tools to be a good WR in the NFL...

One problem to is there is only one football....So hopefully Ben spreads the ball around to all his weapons....I think the Steelers overall could have a solid WR core...If Washington, Baker and Reid all develop...Then:bigthumb: kick Wilson to the curb...

steelcitysfinestXL
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Not counting nate out yet. But no one has seen Reid play much WR at all yet. Only good things were said about him in camp last year and he played well in the preseason games too. I think Dallas Baker has the potential to be a "Marcus Colston type" find. (maybe not as productive so early but in time) this guy did amazing things his senior year and ads ideal size and hands to a smaller WR core. Nate is a lil too inconsistant for me so far. Hopefully he can get alot of work in this offseason and sharpen his game a lil.... cause i def think he has the ability to be a good WR.

Blitzburghpete
06-01-2007, 06:48 PM
ok here goes.

Ward 85 - for 910 yards 6td's
Holmes 65 for 800 yards 5 td's
Miller 55 for 650 yards 7td'
Washington 40 for 625 yards for 5

Either something like the above or it will be Kreider with 100 for 1000 yards and 20 td's!!! hehehehe

Stlrs4Life
06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Toss up between Holmes and Ward.

SteelersWoman
06-01-2007, 07:22 PM
...One problem to is there is only one football....So hopefully Ben spreads the ball around to all his weapons....I think the Steelers overall could have a solid WR core...If Washington, Baker and Reid all develop......

WE NEED MORE FOOTBALLS IN THE GAME WITH THE PEOPLE WE HAVE!! lol Good point 32! There's just NOT enough footballs to go around all the talent we've got!!

Not counting nate out yet. But no one has seen Reid play much WR at all yet. ... Nate is a lil too inconsistant ... Hopefully he can get alot of work in this offseason and sharpen his game..cause i def think he has the ability to be a good WR.

Exactly--Reid is totally unproven in any games that count, so I have a hard time commentin on him. As far as Nate--I saw flashes (of could be described as) greatness last year, but then he let down at some of the most critical times, and cost us badly. I certainly hope that he can overcome the nerves (or whatever it was that was goin on in his head at the time), because he could be great!

As far as who I think will do what this year, here are my bold predictions lol

Hines: 75 receptions for 800, 7 TDs
Santonino: 60 receptions for 720 6 TDs
Heath: 30 receptions for 240, 4 TDs
Nate: 25 receptions for 435, 3 TDs

There'll be other TDs from others like... at least 1-2 by Ben, hopefully another 1 or 2 from one of the other new TE's, etc.

I'd sure like to see one run back by a special teamer too :D

BlitzburghNation
06-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Hines Ward :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Ward---- 132 rec 1419 yds

Holmes--- 102 rec 1240 yds

Miller----84 rec 848 yds

Nice to dream :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

K Train
06-01-2007, 07:37 PM
lol its impossible to predict the number of TDs everyone will have, reid is nasty when he has the ball and thats that. Hes only gotten better from what we know and if he was only a special teams monster that would be mission accomplished. I hope for hines or heath to have over 10 TDs. I think Holmes will run away with the yards especially because i think he will get alot more confidence from ben. Holmes is the big play guy and i expect great things out of him. Im gonna be realistic here and think that hines is slowing down a bit, maybe this wont be his best year and if its not he will restructure his contract for us, but i think holmes runs away with the yards this year. Hines has "it" in the redzone, the guy is always open in the back of the endzone. And i dont think ive ever seen heath drop a pass.

I think you guys are overrating Washingtons drops, your just mad about cincy which is understandable but he was great for us and he was our starting #1 for a few games, thats alot of pressure for a first year guy, not to mention he was playing across from a scrub in wilson who the defense doesnt have to respect at all. I think washingtons a badass and apparently im his only fan lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm not a fan since of Nate Washington's since I only think he needs to tough up alittle bit?.....The Bengals game was only one example of Nate dropping a ball after contact....He had others as well....I think he has the potential to be very good but he was far from great like you suggest...He had a good year considering last year was like his rookie year....If he works on his hands and toughens up then he could be a future starter down the road....

K Train
06-01-2007, 07:59 PM
lol im just saying dont be so hard on him, he had a pretty solid year especially considering how the whole team was and his QB was knocked half retarded half the season. He played when he had to and ben showed confidence in him and the dude can get open and stretch the field

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
lol im just saying dont be so hard on him, he had a pretty solid year especially considering how the whole team was and his QB was knocked half retarded half the season. He played when he had to and ben showed confidence in him and the dude can get open and stretch the field

I agree with you about Nate Washington bigtime Train....You're right he can stretch the field and he jumps like a deer.....I don't think I'm being hard on the guy...I just think he needs to improve in some areas of his game.....I always want to see guys take the next step...Its time for Nate to take that next step and really become player....He has the skills thats for sure....

The same can be said for Santonio Holmes really..Hopefully he takes the next step after a solid rookie year as a WR...In fact I expect more from Holmes since he was a first round pick were Nate was an undrafted FA....I like the potential of this WR core for sure....Thats why I saying Ben throws for 30 TDs this year....I know its asking alot but thats how I am...lol

SteelersWoman
06-01-2007, 08:10 PM
lol its impossible to predict the number of TDs everyone will have, ....I think washingtons a badass and apparently im his only fan lol

You're right, it's impossible to predict--at least correctly! In fact, I'd just had a conversation with my son about that, and I explained that we're just havin fun--we probably won't even be close to bein right--but we can look back on this thread again at the end of the year and laugh and feel stupid (or feel like a genius) :lol:

However, if you read my post about Nate again, you'll see that I am certainly not against Nate--in fact I talked about the flashes of possibly great things to come that I saw--it's just that when he was droppin the ball at critical times, it makes it hard to remember those flashes--but I DO! lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Heath will have 10+ TDs this year mark it down and Ben will throw for 30 TDs...I'm saying it now...lol

K Train
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
just gonna go on record and say wilson drops more than nate....just saying lol, i want everyone to hate wilson with me.

I think we are forgetting about the 4000+ yards and 50+ TDs willies gonna have lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2007, 09:00 PM
just gonna go on record and say wilson drops more than nate....just saying lol, i want everyone to hate wilson with me.

I think we are forgetting about the 4000+ yards and 50+ TDs willies gonna have lol

I don't think thats a hard prediction to make about Wilson....He blows and I hope he is cut...It just will take Baker or Reid to show enough during camp for the Steelers to cut Wilson...

SteelerSteve
06-02-2007, 05:31 AM
I dont really know to much about wilson but it kinda soundslike some of you are rooting for him to suck ***, personally I hope he breaks out and has a monster year.

Stairwayto7
06-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Holmes will be number 1, I think. If Heath does not get a lot of balls this season, I`ll be pissed. This could be key to having the other receivers open.

K Train
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I dont really know to much about wilson but it kinda soundslike some of you are rooting for him to suck ***, personally I hope he breaks out and has a monster year.

wishful thinking lol

Dako
06-02-2007, 06:44 PM
My money's still on Ward.......

introyitrust
06-02-2007, 07:19 PM
It's a toss up between Hines and Santonio.
While Heath's numbers should be much higher this year with Arians running the "O" he will share some TE catches with Spaeth.
Now that I think of it the increased production from the TEs will probably take away from Hines' catches more than Holmes since Santonio is the deep threat.
But Hines will stay productive since he is the most dependable WR we have.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2007, 07:25 PM
We could realistically see 2 WR's with 1000 yds this year. If the offense gels and works like Arians is planning it we could see both Hines and Santonio with 1000 + yards. Along with Heath having maybe 800 yds and double digit TD's as well. This could be the dawn of a whole new ago the likes of which we've never seen if everything works out.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-02-2007, 07:31 PM
We could realistically see 2 WR's with 1000 yds this year. If the offense gels and works like Arians is planning it we could see both Hines and Santonio with 1000 + yards. Along with Heath having maybe 800 yds and double digit TD's as well. This could be the dawn of a whole new ago the likes of which we've never seen if everything works out.

I would have to agree with you Top, that if this offense clicks on all cylinders then for sure both Ward/Holmes could top 1,000 yards this year....You know Hines will catch 80 balls this year and have 950-1050 yards this year....While Holmes will catch around 60-70 balls and have a shot for 1100 yards...

K Train
06-02-2007, 08:39 PM
santonio better show up like we all expect him to lol, he finished strong last season lets hope hes carried that over and gotten better, which i have no doubts lol