PDA

View Full Version : MORE PROOF THAT VOLUNTARY WORKOUTS AREN'T

Deb
05-30-2007, 08:34 AM
MORE PROOF THAT VOLUNTARY WORKOUTS AREN'T

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)
Titans coach Jeff Fisher is upset because running back LenWhale White didn't make it back to town for the resumption of Organized Team Activities.

"I've been on record with being disappointed with him right now. I hope to have him back on the practice field Thursday. But again, everybody else was here, he wasn't. I'm anxious to hear what kind of excuse he has."

How about this one, Jeff? IT'S VOLUNTARY!

Look, we think that it's in White's best interests to show up for practice, even if it's voluntary. He needs to get his chunky butt in shape, and he needs to make the most of his opportunity to become the starting running back. But it's not Fisher's place to make comments suggesting that White doesn't have the right to sit home and eat ham sandwiches instead, if he so chooses.

Meanwhile, the NFLPA continues to do nothing to address these blatant violations of the rules.

DIESELMAN
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Even though its voluntary....Fisher has every right being the Head Coach to say and do what ever it takes to get Whites fat *** into camp. If White is sittin at the house loungin around, eatin cheetos and ham sandwiches then that right there is his work ethic everybody was screamin about comin outta college. I wonder if he'll show up to mandatories weighing in at a BIG FAT 260 like he did last year?????

SteelersWoman
05-30-2007, 11:11 AM
I think what they're willing to "voluntarily" shows the coach a LOT about them as football players over-all. It shows the coach that they're team players, wanting to get (and or stay) in shape, that they're wanting any and all extra time to get a cohesiveness with the others, and that they're willing to go that extra mile for the team.

I think it also shows how high these guys' interest level is as well. I'm sure some of those guys are just itchin to get on the field in ANY capacity that's takin them to their goal--others use any and every excuse to not show up. So even though it's "voluntary", it's still says a lot about them to the coaches, their fellow team-mates, AND the fans.

25MVPKing
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
SteelersWoman,
I think that's the problem, exactly. If it's voluntary, making it unofficially mandatory doesn't do you any good. How can you get a read on who is voluntarily there versus who is there because it's unofficially mandatory?

You want to keep voluntary voluntary so that you know who has a genuine interest in working hard.

tonyromo9
05-30-2007, 12:47 PM
whale boy is being stupid he should have been there and the coach has ever reason to complain.
i dont get lendale latley hes being stupid

House of Steel
05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
I have a question for some of you. I want the honest answer too. Who here was hoping that the Steelers drafted that fat *** White?

I am so ever grateful we didn't draft him. He won't last very long in this league if he keeps it up.

tonyromo9
05-30-2007, 01:24 PM
not me i had hoped he'd go to Arizona now im glad he didn't. he was so great at USC too craphead

ARKIESTEEL
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I have a question for some of you. I want the honest answer too. Who here was hoping that the Steelers drafted that fat *** White?

I am so ever grateful we didn't draft him. He won't last very long in this league if he keeps it up.

I wanted him.....still wouldt mind if he could get his head on right...i thought he was the best true rb in that years draft

25MVPKing
05-30-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/05/30/whites-absence-a-misunderstanding-claims-fisher/

He was apparently excused from workouts after the fact because he was with his grandmother who had been in ICU.

And as I said in another thread recently, I wanted LenDale White out of USC, but so far that hasn't panned out. I have no problems owning up to anything I've ever said.

House of Steel
05-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I am not calling anyone out, I am just seeing who admits to the facts of wanting this guy. He is TROUBLE from the word GO. He isn't going to pan out the way I am looking at it.

Stlrs4Life
05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I to wanted him. Glad not now.