PDA

View Full Version : Rookies

Steelerlyn
05-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Lots of press about Woodley, Timmons and Sepulveda but not much else about the rest. Any word on how the rookie draft and free agent class is looking so far? Who are you rooting for who needs to go? What current player do you hope loses his job?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-28-2007, 11:19 PM
The day 2 players don't generally get that much press till training camp. Really Im surprised that our guys have gotten as much press as they have so far considering we're still in the offseason before training camp.

At this point we can't afford to have our day 2 draft picks get cut before the season starts, we need these guys to step up and make the team. Im looking forward to seeing what they can do for us.

K Train
05-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Well sepulveda has cemented himself as our punter (go figure:))

Timmons and woodley will both play alot this year, as will spaeth. Im really rooting for Dallas Baker though....give us reason to cut wilson....PLEASE!

I also think Mcbeam has a chance to be special for us, i dont know much out gay and our dude from rutgers though lol

BlitzburghNation
05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm waiting for Training camp to start,,,,,,,:banana:

Never pay much attention to all this mini-camp "Hoopla" :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Im pulling for Dallas Baker as well, I think he's got a chance to be a real gem for us and be an active contributor.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Obviously I'm pullin' for Woodley and Timmons. I don't necessarily think Timmons was the best pick, but since he's here I hope he was the best pick in Steelers history. Sepulveda's job is already written in stone and he's gonna be a punting god (if all the hype holds true). I am also pullin' for Baker. I'm also pullin' for Stephenson because we need some help on the OL. In reality I want every pick to be NFL beasts! I know that won't happen, but as a Steeler fan I want only the best!:tt02:

K Train
05-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Sepulveda's job is already written in stone and he's gonna be a punting god

if we had rep here....i would give you some lol

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
if we had rep here....i would give you some lol

LOL. thanks

Blitzburghpete
05-29-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm pulling for free agent LT 6-9 Caprizzi to make the team and become the next Willie Parker story and be a beast at a postion we need.

steelcitysfinestXL
05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I think/hope baker makes the team i'd like to see him and Reid put some pressure on Nate... i think WR is gonna be the most competitive pos. and prob the most fun to follow throughout camp.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I think/hope baker makes the team i'd like to see him and Reid put some pressure on Nate... i think WR is gonna be the most competitive pos. and prob the most fun to follow throughout camp.

I agree.....The WR competition should be intense....Lets see we know Ward, Holmes and Washington will make it...I'm sure Willie Reid will make the team as well since he is the leader for the KR/PR spots. So Cedric Wilson could be the odd man out...But with so much talk of using more 4 WR sets the Steelers could keep 6 WRs...So Wilson might make the team then...But both Reid and Baker will push Washington/Wilson to bring their A game throughout training camp and pre-season...:bigthumb:

K Train
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
damn i hate wilson

Stlrs4Life
05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I think it is still too early to tell either way on them.