PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Ok Teemont, just sent me a gift to remind how great Peyton Manning is.:lol: Like he has done in the past...The guy is a great QB and I never said he wasn't...I still think he hasn't answered all his play-off question marks in my mind. Yes he did finally win the Super Bowl. Plus he brought the Colts back in the AFC title game and that was impressive. In fact thats the best Peyton ever looked in a play-off game.:lol: But his overall numbers in these past play-offs (including Super Bowl) was 3 TD's and 7 INTs. Thats terrible:lol:

Which leads me to my question....Why do some Steelers fans like Peyton? There is nothing Steelers Football about Peyton Manning. He plays in Dome which sucks. Football is supposed to be played in the elements. He doesn't come from a blue collar back ground. The dude is supposed to be great since his daddy was an NFL QB. In fact he was born to play QB and he really should have more NFL titles since he was better prepared to play QB in the NFL. He throws his team mates under the bus in the media. Like calling out his Oline for having protection issues against the Steelers in the play-offs. Never mind his choking in many of his play-off performances.:lol:Plus the guy is very stat minded. Thats why he doesn't take many chances and his INT totals are low. I rather have a QB like Bradshaw or Favre take chances since they have all the confidence in the world they can make any throw and only care about winning instead of caring about their stats.

So answer this question Teemont and all you other Peyton lovers in the Steelers Nation...

Yes he is a great QB and I know he is a very good person...Since he has never been arrested and thats a positive with all the arrests in the NFL.:lol: But I can't stand him and never have dating back to his days in college.:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-26-2007, 09:16 PM
The coming years will tell us a lot about Manning. Was last year fluke? Is he able to carry them back to another championship? How much will the FA losses hurt the offense? Now that he's got the monkey off his back we'll really find out what type of QB he is when it comes to repeating !

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2007, 09:20 PM
The coming years will tell us a lot about Manning. Was last year fluke? Is he able to carry them back to another championship? How much will the FA losses hurt the offense? Now that he's got the monkey off his back we'll really find out what type of QB he is when it comes to repeating !

I hope he goes down in flames.:lol: I don't know why I have never liked Peyton Manning...I worry about how my mind works at times. I understand why I leave alot of people confused.:lol: I can be a head case.:lol:

BlitzburghNation
05-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I personally have nothing against manning :dunno:

I always felt bad for his dad,who was on them awful saint teams :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I personally have nothing against manning :dunno:

I always felt bad for his dad,who was on them awful saint teams :popcorn:

I live in Indiana also so I put up with Peyton is God talk on a dailey basis. Especially with the Colts fans that I work with.:lol: Most of them switch back and forth from the Colts/Bears.:lol:

Steelerlyn
05-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I like Peyton Manning. Not so much as a football player as a person, in general. :lol:I am not meaning to minimize his athletic talents, by any stretch. I think he, as a man, is funny, has a great personality, he is compassionate, caring and loving, full of respect and is a hard worker, he is a great guy. You fail to see why Steeler fans like him and I fail to see why you or anyone dislikes him.:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I like Peyton Manning. Not so much as a football player as a person, in general. :lol:I am not meaning to minimize his athletic talents, by any stretch. I think he, as a man, is funny, has a great personality, he is compassionate, caring and loving, full of respect and is a hard worker, he is a great guy. You fail to see why Steeler fans like him and I fail to see why you or anyone dislikes him.:lol:

Very true and alot of good points in your post Lyn...I would agree with alot you said about Peyton Manning in that post. I guess living in Indiana just has drove me to the point were I don't like him at all.:lol:These Colts fans thinks he walks on water.....:lol:Never mind he plays in Dome and has all-pro talent around him on offense throughout his NFL career.:lol:

K Train
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
i hate that mother****er and hope he crashes and burns :lol:

yeah hes a good QB but thats not why i hate him, i hate him because he takes all the glory and none of the blame...and his commercials are gay lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2007, 09:45 PM
i hate that mother****er and hope he crashes and burns :lol:

yeah hes a good QB but thats not why i hate him, i hate him because he takes all the glory and none of the blame...and his commercials are gay lol

Post of the day here and I agree totally Train.....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Steelerlyn
05-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Very true and alot of good points in your post Lyn...I would agree with alot you said about Peyton Manning in that post. I guess living in Indiana just has drove me to the point were I don't like him at all.:lol:These Colts fans thinks he walks on water.....:lol:Never mind he plays in Dome and has all-pro talent around him on offense throughout his NFL career.:lol:

I can imagine that living right there would be over the top! I was just speaking from my perspective, far away in Michigan lol :lol::lol::lol:

House of Steel
05-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I second that, K-train. His commericals are old, especially the stupid D-CAF chant. How about the one where he wanted that kid's apron? FAGGOT!!!

K Train
05-26-2007, 09:55 PM
nah i can live with that one.....its the gatorade one that gets to me, it is played exactly 1289543860357203869320945 times during each game/pregame show/espn all day

House of Steel
05-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh I hear you. Have you've seen the HHGregg commerical? STUPID!!!

TEEMONT
05-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Why wouldn't I like Peyton? He works hard, harder than a certain Steelers QB ( I won't throw names out lol), he is football smart, he calls his own plays (kind of), and his commercials are funny.

I look at Peyton, and I see a huge nerd lol. But when I see him in a helmet and shoulder pads, I see a gunslinger, and someone who is smart about the game of football. He is Brett Farve and Joe Montana rolled into one, IMO. Does this make me a Colts fan? no, I hate the Colts, I hate the way the Colts are all O and no D and it drives me nuts...lol.

is it Peytons fault he got drafted by the COlts and has to play in a dome? Not at all, has it boosted his career? Absolutley. Would he still be a great QB if he didn't play in a dome? Yes. There is nothing Peyton can do about certain circumstances.

As far as Super Bowls go, well 05-06 proved that teams can win a Super Bowl with a **** performance from a QB. A QB alone does not win Super Bowls....hell All 3 of Tom Brady's would be nothing without that great D and Adam Viniateri (who played for the COlts last year....coincidence?).

All I'm sayin about Peyton is.....any hatin' on him is just that ...simply hatin' if he was our QB, you would be loving him.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-27-2007, 02:52 AM
He don't bother me either way, but I wonder what his stats would be playing playing outside a little more often??? I don't see him as no gunslinger he does have great stats, but it's that whole offense they play... who knows from the sounds of things we may be doing that same stuff real soon...

K Train
05-27-2007, 02:53 AM
every steeler fan would be all over his nuts if he was a steeler but hes not so there goes that argument. I have never said he wasnt good, i just think hes a jackass. If he were a steeler you know what a would still see.....a nerdy QB lol.

i dont hate him because hes good, i hate him because hes an assclown lol

dont be so hard on ben lol, he could very well end up being that "hard working" QB you desire so much, hes so young and got thrown into a situation that he didnt have to be that QB....tht doesnt mean he cant or wont

okiesteeler
05-27-2007, 10:06 AM
I like Peyton because he shows how well he knows the game and he leads that offense, he is a great leader. His football knowledge shows in how he reads a defense and changes the play at the line and then picks the D apart. Like any player though Stress of the playoffs can get to them and their game suffers. I am glad he got the superbowl win, so i will not have to hear haters talking about how he was no good as he never win the big game and does not belong in the HOF because of it

House of Steel
05-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Peyton is a HOF. I like Peyton the QB, but not Peyton the Marketer. His Spirit commerical was nuts, his commericals for HHgregg was nuts, and now I will admit MasterCard has done some good funny commericals involving him. Maybe, I am just jealous of his success. Peyton is a unique player and it is something just to watch him call all kinds of signals behind the line. He is very intelligent and I will admit fun to watch at times. This coming season is going to be a real test for him, if he can lead the Colts to the playoffs again, then I am dropping all my nudges on him, and will respect him as one of the greats in the NFL.

DIESELMAN
05-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I'll give Manning some credit, hes got a great work ethic, his brother could learn a lot from him. I basically don't like him because he is a Colt, I don't care to much for dome teams and teams who wear white and after the game their uni's are still white, no blue collar mentality, the list goes on. I'm used to Steeler football, bust em in the mouth and ask "What you gonna do now?"

Koopa
05-27-2007, 08:49 PM
i think peyton manning is hands down the best qb in the league, but i hate this mother ****er cause he plays in the afc, and is a legit threat to the steelers, sure we beat them, but still, he's a legit threat so i hate his guts

i love his commercials, he's ****ing funny as hell, i loved him on saturday night live too

if he played in the nfc i wouldn't hate him so much

who i hate is eli manning, i can't stand this ****er, acting like he had a say in where he was drafted, the chargers should've kept him and let him rot on the bench for being a little faggot and running to big brother and daddy for help.......

BR7
05-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I second your feelings toward Peyton, B@G... being in Indiana also. I don't care for any of the Mannings.. Peyton, Eli, his dad and his other brother who doesn't play (I forget his name off hand). I get tired of hearing all the ****. When I did work, lol, there was this half-of-a-sissy who was a huge Colts fan. All he did was talk ****.. talked how Bradshaw's carrer stats sucked (but had no comment when I brought up his career playoff stats), etc etc. Then that punk half-a-sissy called off work when Vandersuck missed the FG propelling our beloved Stillers in route for the 'drive for 5.' He had nothing to say when I did see him next.. blah blah blah.

I hate everything about Indy. Nothing but a buncha fags if you ask me. Hell, if Peyton was on any other team (not including the Steelers), he'd still be a two bit inbread hack, lol.. JMO. :2cents:

K Train
05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
the united way SNL skit was good lol

other then that hes a douche lol

I second your feelings toward Peyton, B@G... being in Indiana also. I don't care for any of the Mannings.. Peyton, Eli, his dad and his other brother who doesn't play (I forget his name off hand). I get tired of hearing all the ****. When I did work, lol, there was this half-of-a-sissy who was a huge Colts fan. All he did was talk ****.. talked how Bradshaw's carrer stats sucked (but had no comment when I brought up his career playoff stats), etc etc. Then that punk half-a-sissy called off work when Vandersuck missed the FG propelling our beloved Stillers in route for the 'drive for 5.' He had nothing to say when I did see him next.. blah blah blah.

I hate everything about Indy. Nothing but a buncha fags if you ask me. Hell, if Peyton was on any other team (not including the Steelers), he'd still be a two bit inbread hack, lol.. JMO. :2cents:
lol how could you forget cooper manning :lol:

SteelerSteve
05-30-2007, 03:39 AM
I have a hard time not liking peyton because of how hard he works, he is like a robo-quarterback, but I think he can be a little to stat minded, but I really have no gripe with him. Its his bitchy little brother that bothers me, Eli is no threat to us and I dont like him, Peyton IS a threat to pittsburgh and I respect him. I would like to know what some of your guys' problem is with him?