PDA

View Full Version : Asian Baste for Tuna/Salmon/Chicken

Bassman D
05-26-2007, 11:42 AM
NFL fans love to tailgate, regardless of what team they cheer for! So for those of you that like to take a healthier route and tend to stick to Fish and Chicken, here's a great Asian-style baste for stronger flavored ocean fish (salmon, tuna, mahi mahi....stuff like that) or for chicken.

1/2 cup of REAL Soy Sauce (not lite....not reduced sodium)
1/2 cup of Honey
1/4 cup of Wasabi Powder.

It's got a great blend of heat/sweet/and salty goodness! My only warning would be to make certain that you get the wasabi mixed in VERY well. This IS better with fish, but I really like it on chicken too.

Enjoy!

steelersgal86
05-26-2007, 11:58 AM
:bigthumb: I might have to try that. It sounds good...thanks

PsychoWard
05-26-2007, 12:21 PM
yeah it does sound good i will have to try this on chicken

SteelersWoman
05-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I've heard of Wasabi, but have no idea what that is.

I'd have to label my "style" (if I even have one lol) as down home--perhaps with a bit of southern even thrown in there in some places.

stillers4me
05-30-2007, 12:09 AM
I've heard of Wasabi, but have no idea what that is.

I'd have to label my "style" (if I even have one lol) as down home--perhaps with a bit of southern even thrown in there in some places.

Wasabi is hotter than..........hot!

Stairwayto7
07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
NFL fans love to tailgate, regardless of what team they cheer for! So for those of you that like to take a healthier route and tend to stick to Fish and Chicken, here's a great Asian-style baste for stronger flavored ocean fish (salmon, tuna, mahi mahi....stuff like that) or for chicken.

1/2 cup of REAL Soy Sauce (not lite....not reduced sodium)
1/2 cup of Honey
1/4 cup of Wasabi Powder.

It's got a great blend of heat/sweet/and salty goodness! My only warning would be to make certain that you get the wasabi mixed in VERY well. This IS better with fish, but I really like it on chicken too.

Enjoy!

I`m all over this recipe