PDA

View Full Version : Timmons

Steelerlyn
05-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Does anyone feel it is odd that our first round pick is injured and nobody's talking about it.http://tinyurl.com/25ckm5
sidebar: at this moment, headline reads "Frusturated". Guess they need an editor at the Trib online. Or is it part of their subliminable strategery to dumb us all down? :tt02:

25MVPKing
05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't think it's odd. All the fans are overlooking Timmons because Woodley and Sepulveda were so successful in college, Speath was such a shocker, and Baker might be a sleeper.

That just leaves McBean, Stephenson, Gay, and Timmons. The one you'd expect people to be talking about is Timmons, but since his injury keeps him off the field and he's doing a great job of staying focused from the sidelines, he's not ruffling any feathers.

Although I'm a little surprised about the lack of talk concerning Timmons specifically (i.e. not any 1st draft pick by the Steelers), since I felt SteelerNation didn't want Timmons.

Does that make any sense, whatsoever?

Steelerlyn
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't think it's odd. All the fans are overlooking Timmons because Woodley and Sepulveda were so successful in college, Speath was such a shocker, and Baker might be a sleeper.

That just leaves McBean, Stephenson, Gay, and Timmons. The one you'd expect people to be talking about is Timmons, but since his injury keeps him off the field and he's doing a great job of staying focused from the sidelines, he's not ruffling any feathers.

Although I'm a little surprised about the lack of talk concerning Timmons specifically (i.e. not any 1st draft pick by the Steelers), since I felt SteelerNation didn't want Timmons.

Does that make any sense, whatsoever?

I thought it was a little strange noone was talking about our #! pick but when you think about it, what is there to say? He is hurt, I remember when this happened to bettis was it the same injury?

Steelrane
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
We can't rush to worry. He's young he will bounce back quick. This is what the trainers are paid to do. :tt02::cope::tt02::cope::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Nobody is really talking about it because we're still in voluntary drills and it's the offseason. Now if this is still lingering come training camp then yes it'll be getting a lot more attention. Im not worried about it much right now because he still has 2 months to heal before camp starts so he should be fine, *knock on wood*

AZ_Steeler
05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Time will tell... it's still to early! :dunno: I will say this, those who fly under the radar usually make the most noise :bigthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-25-2007, 01:00 PM
It is definitely too early to worry to much about this.... let's give him a week in camp and then throw him under the bus. :lol:

K Train
05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
i wanted timmons btw lol

but its not like a huge injury...didnt he just tweak something in mini camp? I think he will be fine and will be a beast for us and i REALLY like woodley lately

and if timmons is to hurt to play we can just plug d-sep into his spot lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Rather him miss now instead of rushing back and making the injury worse. I just hope it doesn't become one of those lingering injuries that can bother a player all season. So I say rest up Lawrence and have a kick *** training camp.

Steelerlyn
05-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Rather him miss now instead of rushing back and making the injury worse. I just hope it doesn't become one of those lingering injuries that can bother a player all season. So I say rest up Lawrence and have a kick *** training camp.

Excellent Point!~

i wanted timmons btw lol

but its not like a huge injury...didnt he just tweak something in mini camp? I think he will be fine and will be a beast for us and i REALLY like woodley lately

and if timmons is to hurt to play we can just plug d-sep into his spot lol

Woodley is an awesome player.....on the college level at least, I am sure he will do well in the pros, also.

okiesteeler
05-25-2007, 05:02 PM

I agree completly, except i would like to add and a season at the end of it